LaunchBox Community Forums

CoinOP

View File

CoinOP is a BigBox theme based on Pezley's arcade theme concept. It's my take on a 1080p version of it.

This theme is specifically designed to be used with an Arcade build, for 4:3 video snaps, and marquees.

Want to make your own Marquee? Use this file for an example:

CoinOP Marquee Example.psd

Make sure you right click the zip file, choose properties, and unblock the file.

image.png.9636917a83ceaf9cda1ca8b16bd48ac5.pngThen extract the CoinOP directory into the Launchbox\Themes folder.

This theme comes with a number of views:

• Vertical Platform View 1
  • Vertical Games Wheel 1 - basic view
  • Vertical Games Wheel 2 - basic view with animated Game Graphic (png/gif)
  • Text Games View - basic text view with animated Game Graphic (png/gif)

Each game can have its own unique Game Graphic. This graphic will animate next to the arcade. Each game can only have 1 graphic.

There are 3 rules to making the Game Graphic appear in the theme:

1. The file name needs to match the Launchbox Database ID number of the game.
2. The file can be either PNG or GIF (allowing for animated GIFs).
3. The file needs to be located in the following directory: Launchbox\Themes\CoinOP\Images\GameGraphics\[Launchbox DB ID].png

To find the LaunchBox DB ID, you must first have the game in your gaming library. Open up LaunchBox and search for the game. Right click the game and choose Edit. The LaunchBox DB ID number will be located in the top right.

image.thumb.png.33ca2b6ca467938f90b1a21674f1d0f5.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey,

Great work !

A version 4:3 is possible ? how to do ? (1280×1024)

Thanks

Edited by Nyny77

6 minutes ago, GrayFoxNinja said:

static bg video plays, but mp4 game snaps and platform snaps won't play. any ideas? thanks

Try turning off background videos in the bigbox options.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Try turning off background videos in the bigbox options.

yup that did it, thank you for the quick response

• Like 1

Hi @TheyCallMeCoco. For any of the game views, you'll need to delete the following line:

<videos:VideoControl Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" VideoPath="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/CoinOP/Videos/bg.mp4" StretchVideo="true" CenterVideo="false" />

5 hours ago, faeran said:

Hi @TheyCallMeCoco. For any of the game views, you'll need to delete the following line:

<videos:VideoControl Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" VideoPath="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/CoinOP/Videos/bg.mp4" StretchVideo="true" CenterVideo="false" />

This worked perfectly. Thank you faeran.

How does this know what to play for playlists in terms of the video part?  I made my own favorites playlist and I never see a video play for it. 

This is just a theme, so it doesn't control video playback.

If you are talking about a playlist video for your favorites playlist. The file should be the exact name of your playlist and be put in the following location:

Launchbox\Videos\Playlists

This theme is great and is exactly what I was wanting to implement for my arcade games cabinet. I see that the CoinOP\Images folder contains two Arcade Machine png files. One has a larger screen than the other. Is there a setting or a way to switch between the two? 

On 4/25/2019 at 11:50 AM, MANCADE said:

This theme is great and is exactly what I was wanting to implement for my arcade games cabinet. I see that the CoinOP\Images folder contains two Arcade Machine png files. One has a larger screen than the other. Is there a setting or a way to switch between the two? 

I want to know it to..... Is there a way to switch between those png files, like, if you want a Platform 1 to show the big one and the console to show other one.

Unfortunately, the larger image was more of an experiment that didn't work out. I left the image in there just in case I wanted to revisit in the future.

If I get some time, I may look into adding it to a new platform view.

17 hours ago, faeran said:

Unfortunately, the larger image was more of an experiment that didn't work out. I left the image in there just in case I wanted to revisit in the future.

If I get some time, I may look into adding it to a new platform view.

please, add this feature. Will be awesome if we can add a different image for each platform.