LaunchBox Community Forums
faeran

CoinOP

It works perfectly, thank you very much.  As you can see the two marquess match and look great.  I ended up using the GameMarqueeView.xaml as a template to modify my PlatformMarqueeView.xaml file to fix that as well.  Kudos!  I'll play with the stretch options and marquee image size / resolution to get the best overall result.Pic..thumb.jpg.3078a90dbf642c2af5dafbd1afebee15.jpgPic2.thumb.jpg.bc82f3c4c4249c70d29893cd8dc1afdf.jpg

After playing with the Stretch options it looks like I'm actually using 1/2 of my screen for the marquee.  I was able to (on a hunch) reduce the number of <RowDefinition Hieght="*" />  lines in the code from three to two (.33 to .50) order to stretch to the exact height of my monitor (.50).  Thanks again, this is now PERFECT!  Just curious, what if I needed to make very small adjustments in size?  Would I then change the value of <ColumnDefinition Width = "1" /> and play with the ratios from there?IMG_6249.thumb.jpg.d2d7bc3d4e873982f40c1cb52ff9a9a8.jpg

One other quick question, when I adjust the Border, Margin, & Padding values in the xaml files they only add black bars on the top and two sides.  Am I missing another value that I need to adjust to maintain the image center in the visible marquee space?  Not a big deal now but when I transfer this system from my mock-up to the finished cabinet I may have a physical bezel around the marquee monitor that I need to account for.  It would be nice to know my limitations before I start cutting plywood.  Thanks again for the help!

@TFoster Looks good. Glad you got it sorted and as you can see easy enough to make changes. If you want to make small adjustments you can play with the row height and column width. Just test and see how the change looks.

If you want to see a grid line to see how far off you might be you can edit the xaml and add ShowGridLines="True" it can help to see exactly where you might need to make adjustments. For a single large image like this it may not help as much, but I use it quite a bit to be able to see the grid layout. When you are done and do not need the grid lines just delete the ShowGridLines you added.

Place it in the Grid section where I have it below.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 7.32.14 PM.png

5 minutes ago, TFoster said:

One other quick question, when I adjust the Border, Margin, & Padding values in the xaml files they only add black bars on the top and two sides.  Am I missing another value that I need to adjust to maintain the image center in the visible marquee space?  Not a big deal now but when I transfer this system from my mock-up to the finished cabinet I may have a physical bezel around the marquee monitor that I need to account for.  It would be nice to know my limitations before I start cutting plywood.  Thanks again for the help!

HorizontalAlignment="Center"

VerticalAlignment="Center"

These would typically center the image within the Row/Column you defined. 

Perfect, I've played around and can get the marquee image wherever I need it at whatever size required.  Thanks again!

• Like 1