LaunchBox Community Forums
steelcityjj

GameLoader RH tutorial?

I've been searching for a good tutorial for GameLoader RH but they're in French or say nothing at all on YouTube.  A text tutorial would be fine as well.  I want to get Taito Type X, Examu Ex-Board, Nesica X Live, and HBMAME up and running.  I'm using RocketLauncher with LaunchBox.  

I thought @Colpipes78 had an in depth tutorial on it but I looked on his you tube page and seen nothing so maybe he was forced to remove it? I did mine so long I couldn't remember the first thing to do but I think there other launchers you can try.

Hi Mate,

So far I have been using Colpipes78 examu Ex-board tutorial as my main resource.

COLPIPES78 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzohF-hgujA

SIMPLY AUSTIN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S6F-4QZfzo

LAUNCHBOX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xowd0JiDqdQ

Taito typex, Nesica, Examu Exboard, Tekno Parrot and the Sega Edge and similar roms all work in the same way.

I have been able join the rom sets of:-

TEKNO PARROT, NESICA, EXAMU EXBOARD, TAITO TYPE X FROM COLPIPES & TAITO TYPE X FROM SIMPLY AUSTIN

They all work with RH LOADER, once you get one game working , transfer the following files to each game directory.

RHLOADER.EXE - LOADS GAMES

RH_CONFIG.EXE - CONFIGURES GAME LOADER

TTXCONFIG.EXE & TTXCONFIG 2.0.EXE - MANUALLY SETS CONTROLS

"..\SV" FOLDER - STORES CONTROLS CONFIG, SO COPY FOR EACH GAME

Now can someone help me. How do I setup AHK script to exit RH LOADER to go back to my frontend?

Thanks In advance BMAN

I’ve also been wondering how you exit game loader all rh or any exe with hotkey? Has anyone worked this out?

Game loader all RH has been configured to exit with escape.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but seems no one has answered this question yet.

Happy Easter everyone, Hi Juzzotec.

Do you run GAMELOADER directly through LB or do you use RocketLauncher or another way?

I am using arcade control panel and I have got all emulators exiting. GAMELOADER is my last one to fix. My exit button is to hold my "start button" for 2 seconds.

I have been exiting windows games by the games options "exit back to windows" I haven't been able to exit using AHK.

What I have tried so far is using ahk script that I use to exit mame using escape key. Side note use this to send escape to get midway games to save.

$joy10:: ; my start button
{
	keywait, joy10, t2
	if errorlevel <> 0
	{
	Send {esc down}{esc up}
	}
}

I have also setup rocketlauncher using the exit ahk with that but nothing has worked so far.

I know that GAMELOADER boots GAME.EXE and it's that file that needs to close.

any help is much appreciated.

cheers B

2 hours ago, bman83 said:

Happy Easter everyone, Hi Juzzotec.

Do you run GAMELOADER directly through LB or do you use RocketLauncher or another way?

I am using arcade control panel and I have got all emulators exiting. GAMELOADER is my last one to fix. My exit button is to hold my "start button" for 2 seconds.

I have been exiting windows games by the games options "exit back to windows" I haven't been able to exit using AHK.

What I have tried so far is using ahk script that I use to exit mame using escape key. Side note use this to send escape to get midway games to save.

{
	keywait, joy10, t2
	if errorlevel <> 0
	{
	Send {esc down}{esc up}
	}
}

I have also setup rocketlauncher using the exit ahk with that but nothing has worked so far.

I know that GAMELOADER boots GAME.EXE and it's that file that needs to close.

any help is much appreciated.

cheers B

Hi @bman83

Happy Easter! I’m moving away from rocket launcher for all my platforms/systems so trying to utilise Launchbox native game startup. My goal is to trigger the escape button when select/start is pressed (2 button combination). I also use exit to windows for pc games but that’s understandable as you can’t set escape as exit for that. I’m wondering if there’s away to use AHK to exit gameloader as this is already setup in my input, JConfig or TTX_config.

Maybe someone in the community can recommend a solution.

:)

• Like 1

Yes agreed I have also a single thread asking for a solution. Have you got ahk working for windows games at all? I haven't. Is there a tutorial for it?

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, bman83 said:

Yes agreed I have also a single thread asking for a solution. Have you got ahk working for windows games at all? I haven't. Is there a tutorial for it?

Thanks in advance

Not at the moment, purely focused on game loader all rh. There are options to load things along with the exe. If you had an option to choose ahk script like you would for a specific emulator then it would work but that currently isn’t possible.

Maybe the big boss can help @Jason Carr

How do you guys launch the GameLoader games? Is it just an EXE like a Windows game? Maybe you could set up a dummy emulator for the GameLoader games that just shells out the GameLoader EXE? That way you could use an AutoHotkey script.

Good Morning all,

Gameloader.exe is a shell that points to "Game.exe"

So gameloader.exe runs then "game.exe" takes over. So the AHK scripts need to work in that situation

@Jason Carr When you say "dummy emulator" do you mean just point to a .txt file?

thanks in advance.

cheers b

50 minutes ago, bman83 said:

Good Morning all,

Gameloader.exe is a shell that points to "Game.exe"

So gameloader.exe runs then "game.exe" takes over. So the AHK scripts need to work in that situation

@Jason Carr When you say "dummy emulator" do you mean just point to a .txt file?

thanks in advance.

cheers b

Does it work to use GameLoader.exe as the emulator and Game.exe as the "ROM"?

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Does it work to use GameLoader.exe as the emulator and Game.exe as the "ROM"?

No,

The gameloader.exe file is for each game.exe rom. Gameloader sets Display and other options for each game prior to loading. 

It works with individual settings for each game.exe file. Both the  Gameloader.exe and game.exe need to be set for each game with all the files in the root of the game directory.

Gameloader runs and sets the display and controls options, then loads the game.exe file.

I have the games all working as normal. I am trying to exit out of the emulator using my control panel and ahk script to hold my start button for 2 seconds

{
	keywait, joy10, t2
	if errorlevel <> 0
	{
	Send {esc down}{esc up}
	}
}

I will try setting the default emulator as a .txt file tonight and get back to you.

Thanks for your time and effort  cheers B

16 minutes ago, bman83 said:

No,

The gameloader.exe file is for each game.exe rom. Gameloader sets Display and other options for each game prior to loading. 

It works with individual settings for each game.exe file. Both the  Gameloader.exe and game.exe need to be set for each game with all the files in the root of the game directory.

Gameloader runs and sets the display and controls options, then loads the game.exe file.

I have the games all working as normal. I am trying to exit out of the emulator using my control panel and ahk script to hold my start button for 2 seconds

{
	keywait, joy10, t2
	if errorlevel <> 0
	{
	Send {esc down}{esc up}
	}
}

I will try setting the default emulator as a .txt file tonight and get back to you.

Thanks for your time and effort  cheers B

a txt file is only for rocketlauncher setup... arent you moving away from it? check my video in the above post to setup in LaunchBox directly

• Like 1

Hi,

I am answering several people on this thread. @Juzzotec was moving away from RL. I am happy to have gameloader run directly or via RL.  I am asking the question of how to get AHK to exit emulator using my acade control panel.  @Jason Carr has suggested using a dummy emulator in LB which is why I mentioned a txt file.

How do you exit gameloader? Do you use escape key on your keyboard?

cheers b

• Like 1

Hi,

I am answering several people on this thread. @Juzzotec was moving away from RL. I am happy to have gameloader run directly or via RL.  I am asking the question of how to get AHK to exit emulator using my acade control panel.  @Jason Carr has suggested using a dummy emulator in LB which is why I mentioned a txt file.

cheers b

HI @bman83

I can exit game loader without AHK, just tested it before.

When you setup JConfig or TTXConfig for Game Loader all RH, the last input before Test is Exit. Set that as keyboard command Escape, then when you load the game, use Launchbox automation you setup for exit. My automation is setup for Share + Option on my PS4 Controller.

My second method is what works a lot cleaner, I use Inputmapper for my PS4 controller... this allows for alot of customization.

It allows for button configuration and macros, so I setup the escape button as the R3 input. Could set up any combination you like...

Just remember, in any scenario... whatever you setup in JConfig + TTXConfig for exit is what you need to trigger. You can't set start for 2 seconds as exit in either of those 2 config tools, so you need to find an alternate solution to trigger an exit. AHK loading along with gameloader.exe or game.exe is not possible in Launchbox, I cant see an option for it... AHK only works for emulators.

Hi,

cheers b

yes i use ESC key on keyboard or map whatever key I want with the respective loader the appears in the game directory.

Edited by wallmachine

Hi @Juzzotec , thanks for your quick reply.

I agree with your solution. I am however looking for a solution that will allow me to use the holding of start for 2 seconds. I am aiming to hide my keyboard completely. I don't have any extra buttons on my control panel.

I will now look into how to get something like rocketlauncher to handle my exit command. There will be a way to solve this.

cheers B