LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Genesis USA No-Intro Art Pack (3D Boxes, 2D Carts, Logos)

Robin55

Sega Genesis USA No-Intro Art Pack (3D Boxes, 2D Carts, Logos)

View File

This is a complete Collection of 3D Boxes, 2D Carts and Logos for the Sega Genesis USA Region. The set is named after the 2019 No-Intro Rom set and includes all Betas, Protos and Sega Channel Covers and as a result of the naming convention used with No-Intro there will be a lot duplicate artwork with slightly different naming. The concept  behind these No-Intro named packs is that the user can either have seperate systems with an entire library of artwork for each system or choose a region they would prefare and simply overwrite the region artwork that is not wanted as the artwork and roms will have the same names (for example: Japan, USA), doing this will leave a library of artwork with a complete region and only the exclusives would be left for the region that was overwritten, then all that is left is to delete the unwanted Artwork.

There are three different versions of 3D Boxes to choose from: Normal, With Plastic Cover, With Plastic Cover and Sheen. 

A big thanks goes out to @Aorin who put a lot of work into the Logos and helped create artwork for many parts of this project. This project wouldn't of been finished if it wasn't for his help. 

The great looking carts were made by @WallyWonka and I have added and made many of my own using his templates.

Though some of the naming may seem a bit strange in some instances, LaunchBox and Emumovies will download the correct information and videos for all games.

NORMAL:

SET NORMAL.pngWITH PLASTIC COVER:SET SLEEVE.pngWITH PLASTIC COVER AND SHEEN:

SET SLEEVE AND SHEEN.pngCARTS:

Comix Zone (USA) (Sega Smash Pack).pngLOGOS:

Comix Zone (USA) (Beta) (1995-06-01) (Alt 1).pngAN ART PACK FOR THE SEGA MEGA DRIVE EUROPE REGION CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE:

AN ART PACK FOR THE SEGA MEGA DRIVE JAPAN REGION CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE:

• Like 2
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, first of thanks for all your hard work, Mega Drive is what I grew up with, Its nice to see the old covers that bring back memories.

Second I'm new to emulation and a a little bit noob. To use this art work I have assumed I need the ROM set to be named exactily the same.

I have an updated "2020 no-intro set". I have imported that set into launchbox and selected to not download any artwork. once it was imported I moved your artwork into the 3d-Boxes folder.

I'm obviously doing something wrong as a lot of my titles don't have any art work.

Is this because alot of the roms in my collection might be from different regions?

If so what is the best way to get my set of roms matching your images?

16 hours ago, F. Krueger said:

Hi, first of thanks for all your hard work, Mega Drive is what I grew up with, Its nice to see the old covers that bring back memories.

Second I'm new to emulation and a a little bit noob. To use this art work I have assumed I need the ROM set to be named exactily the same.

I have an updated "2020 no-intro set". I have imported that set into launchbox and selected to not download any artwork. once it was imported I moved your artwork into the 3d-Boxes folder.

I'm obviously doing something wrong as a lot of my titles don't have any art work.

Is this because alot of the roms in my collection might be from different regions?

If so what is the best way to get my set of roms matching your images?

Id say it's because the rom set you downloaded has all games in it including the Japanese and USA. The problem is there were only about 540 European games released and over 700 for the USA region, hence the gaps. I would advise filtering out the USA only and Japan only roms. or adding the USA No-intro set and that will fill the gaps. Also I hope you have remembered to refresh your artwork in LaunchBox

Edited by Robin55

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

A few of the box arts don't look correct. For instance, in the "With plastic cover" collection, some are missing the plastic tab and plastic cover, for instance: Ristar and Primal Rage (and a decent chunk of others, truth be told). Does anyone have these, or maybe an updated version of the pack?

EDIT: Nevermind. It appears many of the titles that are missing the 'plastic' design are ones that originally sold in cardboard boxes, rather than the standard Genesis plastic snapcases. I'm guessing their omission was intentional.

Edited by thunderbird32