LaunchBox Community Forums

Major Theming Changes for Big Box 9.4

Jason Carr

@wallmachine Ah, I see. I didn't realize you had manually moved things. Unfortunately it looks like you got caught in the crossfire of confusion while I figured this stuff out (sorry for that). As it turns out, we ended up keeping the styles files, just manually referencing them. See here:

So you can keep your styles files (or add them back) and just manually reference them like I do in the above post. My guess as to what's going on with the above is that somehow there are styles that are somehow not being applied.

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@wallmachine Ah, I see. I didn't realize you had manually moved things. Unfortunately it looks like you got caught in the crossfire of confusion while I figured this stuff out (sorry for that). As it turns out, we ended up keeping the styles files, just manually referencing them. See here:

So you can keep your styles files (or add them back) and just manually reference them like I do in the above post. My guess as to what's going on with the above is that somehow there are styles that are somehow not being applied.

I had to manually change it after the latest beta, with the latest beta there is no Styles folder in the 'Default' theme folder.

Specific fonts do not work correctly if they are in the Styles folder or manually referenced but if the Styles code is put into the Game/Platform views file it works.

Regarding the ... it just doesn't work.

Edited by wallmachine

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

@wallmachine The latest betas actually *stopped* removing the Styles files and folder. It must've happened from a previous beta. Unfortunately I'm guessing you're left with a version of the theme that didn't migrate properly. Do you have a backup of it anywhere?

No I don't have a backup...

I ignored all previous updates and just downloaded 9.4-beta-11 today.

image.thumb.png.55fb7f6bb2f46e4d0cf778516ca672b4.png

12 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

No I don't have a backup...

I ignored all previous updates and just downloaded 9.4-beta-11 today.

image.thumb.png.55fb7f6bb2f46e4d0cf778516ca672b4.png

You may have ignored a majority of the betas, but unless I'm completely missing something, a previous 9.4 beta other than beta 10 or 11 removed the Styles folder. As best I can tell, beta 10 and 11 cannot do that. I tested over 70 themes, so I'm very sure of that.

Regardless, without a backup, we're in the same boat anyways. The code should all be there in the views files, but the theme was unfortunately left in a semi-invalid state from a previous beta. I'm very sorry for the trouble there; I never recommend using betas without backups (especially when developing themes), but I understand how it would be easy to end up in this situation.

As far as the actual problem, I'm guessing some styles just aren't being applied properly, but I don't have the code. If you want to send me the theme I'll take a look to see if I can figure it out.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Oh wait, or did you manually remove the Styles folder @wallmachine?

@Jason Carr sent you the theme.

no i didn't delete the Styles folder.

nor did I delete the Styles folder from the Default theme folder, test example deleting the Default theme folder and launching bigbox then recreates the Default theme folder however does not recreate the Styles folder.

Edited by wallmachine

1 hour ago, wallmachine said:

@Jason Carr sent you the theme.

no i didn't delete the Styles folder.

nor did I delete the Styles folder from the Default theme folder, test example deleting the Default theme folder and launching bigbox then recreates the Default theme folder however does not recreate the Styles folder.

Yes, the default theme no longer has the Styles folder. That's unrelated to the other themes. Styles folders are not being deleted in beta 11. I will review your theme, but it might take me a few days.

• 3 months later...

I wanted to update everyone here and let everybody know that the themes uploader now supports pause themes: https://www.launchbox-app.com/themes

I also added a pause theme section here on the forums. Pause themes are just as easy to work on as the startup themes are; I'd love to see some themes if you guys are up for it. :)

Thank you guys as always. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2