Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
e2zippo

Unable to scrape Resident Evil 2 Remake properly

Recommended Posts

Hey! Trying to add Resident Evil 2 Remake to my collection, but it keeps scraping it as the old version. I check the launchbox database and the remake is there. 

It keeps mathing ID:3972

It should match this one.

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/102939

But when I try to search for it, I can only find the above.

https://imgur.com/a/wjyhdy9

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Hey! Trying to add Resident Evil 2 Remake to my collection, but it keeps scraping it as the old version. I check the launchbox database and the remake is there. 

It keeps mathing ID:3972

It should match this one.

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/102939

But when I try to search for it, I can only find the above.

https://imgur.com/a/wjyhdy9

Any ideas?

OK, i just checked and i was getting the same. How i got around it was by putting in the Japanese name, so,

Biohazard RE:2

 

When i did that it found it and automatically renamed it to Resident Evil 2.

Screenshot_(18).thumb.png.1c889b1b245d1812b8a5ae90e1c5d113.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

OK, i just checked and i was getting the same. How i got around it was by putting in the Japanese name, so,

Biohazard RE:2

 

When i did that it found it and automatically renamed it to Resident Evil 2.

Screenshot_(18).thumb.png.1c889b1b245d1812b8a5ae90e1c5d113.png

Thanks, that worked! I tried searching for Biohazard but that didn't work. You have to search for Biohazard RE for it to show up. Doesn't really make sense :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Thanks, that worked! I tried searching for Biohazard but that didn't work. You have to search for Biohazard RE for it to show up. Doesn't really make sense :) 

Yeah, thats why we have a value for alternate names in the database, exactly for times like this when there are two games with the same name on the same platform, and the alternate name on the database page is, Biohazard :RE 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah, thats why we have a value for alternate names in the database, exactly for times like this when there are two games with the same name on the same platform, and the alternate name on the database page is, Biohazard :RE 2

But shouldn't Biohazard RE:2 show up when I search for just Biohazard?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...