LaunchBox Community Forums
bedrone

Arcade 1up modified to Vertical Cabinet w/ LCD Marquee

Hi guys first timer here. I recently have modified my Arcade 1 up machine to be vertical screen with LCD marquee. Here is the picture. Take a look.

The question is, do Bigbox has vertical themes? How can I use it? Don't have a clue. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me on that. Thanks.

IMG_3122.JPG

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bedrone said:

Hi guys first timer here. I recently have modified my Arcade 1 up machine to be vertical screen with LCD marquee. Here is the picture. Take a look.

The question is, do Bigbox has vertical themes? How can I use it? Don't have a clue. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me on that. Thanks.

IMG_3122.JPG

I cant help you with the question but that cab looks awesome, hope to see more photos of it :)

Awesome,I love it! I found this thread with some info on your question, haven't read it though but might have some info: 

• Thanks 1

Hi @bedrone. That looks nice. Was it hard to mod?

You could try Vertigo, the vertical theme I created back in September. I wouldn't mind seeing how well it functions in a vertical cab.

• Thanks 1

Wow I'll definitely try that. Thanks! 

It didn't take that long to mod it. Getting the parts is a long process but once you got it, just one or two days to work on the cabinet.

Really enjoyed the modding and having an arcade machine at home is such a blast. This small machine gives me so much fun! :D

How did you get an LCD with that aspect for the marquee?  I didn't know that made them like that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@bedrone that marquee is awesome!! Would you be willing to share what LCD you used and how you made the marquee (hardware wise)? I want to replicate it for my cab! Thanks so much.

Edited by jeremyhockey1321

Hi guys! Sorry for the late reply! I was so busy haha

ok, about the marquee screen, you can get it from Ebay easily. Not that expensive either. So go ahead over to Ebay and type something like Stretched LCD screen and you will find it there.

Hope you guys can get it and upload your own set ups!! It will be so interesting to see other people's work! Haha

Anything, just let me know. Good luck! 

How do you configure the software to show marquee when you switch games what file in launch box do you put marquee images?