LaunchBox Community Forums

Lagging Game/Platform Cycling in BigBox

Guwanges

Look, I am not going to get into a debate with you over this like you wanted to debate Retroarch and Frame Delay.

Computer software and hardware combinations can have all sorts of weird conflicts for no apparent obvious reasons, it's just the nature of the beast. It could be a bad driver, failing hardware or just a driver conflict, it really is difficult to pinpoint sometimes. I know I had a performance issue with Retroarch one time and it turned out to be Nvidias GeForce Experience software even though it didn't impact any other software. This is just one example of how a seemingly unrelated piece of software that only impacted one program caused an issue and it wasn't the one piece of software's (Retroarch) problem, it was Nvidias problem.

28 minutes ago, Guwanges said:

Lack of complaints isn't evidence of absence.

And neither is a problem for some evidence of a problem for all or most.  I don't doubt that you are encountering a problem but without access to your system I can only guess by what you have told me and your video card is a bottleneck. It may or may not be the cause of the issue but on the surface it is the most obvious issue. As I have posted in the performance thread I have an old ass toaster of a computer that is far less powerful than yours other than the graphics card and it handles BigBox without significant issues beyond what is to be expected of such an old computer.

If there were performance issues for most people we would have far more complaints than we do get and far fewer people who use the software daily that we interact with who say they don't have these issues. The whole silent majority versus the vocal minority thing.

We all know that LB is not the lightest weight frontend out there and Jason is always looking to improve performance where possible and he finds places to make those improvements.