LaunchBox Community Forums

Is GBA box art/screenshots really sparse? or is there an issue?

DaveC1964

34 minutes ago, DaveC1964 said:

Here is what I get.  What can I do to fix it?

launchboximage.jpg

Yeah your issue there is definitely those numbers at the front and not our database, you need to remove those as Launchbox is searching the games with that number as well, hence it finds no match. I use bulk rename utility for that sort of thing.

https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

Ok so I did a test and renamed a couple.  I tried refreshing, nothing.  I tried clicking on the ROM and it gives an error about how ROM could not be located.  It is like it is still looking for the old name.  So I did a scan for missing games.  It removed the renamed ones from the list.  I then did a scan for new ROMs but it said it could not find any (shouldn't it find the renamed ones as "new" ?).  So it isn't finding the ones I renamed.  I thought I would just remove the whole thing and re-import but then it tells me it will delete the ROMs too.  Obviously I don't want that.  How do I remove a system without deleting ROMs?   This whole thing seems more complicated than it should be.  There should just be some kind of refresh function that removes missing and adds new in one operation.

Edited by DaveC1964

I've had problems with 'scan for new ROMS' not finding any as well. But I'm sure it's just something on my end.  To do a remove & replace in LB, Exit LB, got to the LaunchBox\Data\Platforms folder and rename your GBA's xml file to some other file extension (keeping it for just in case or whatever reason) or just delete it.image.thumb.png.ce6813081506ce05b14ac36993dff866.png

Restart LB and then do your import.

If your GBA platform is relatively clean and you just want to now add the newly renamed ROMS, you can do a [bulk] drag and drop from Windows Explorer right into LB.