LaunchBox Community Forums

On 11/7/2019 at 12:47 AM, eatkinola said:

Thanks for the example. Are you using AutoscrollListBox? I agree the marquee scrolling is a bit off -- would be better to only scroll the selected item. Also, it seems to get confused by the arrow graphic and does not scroll as much as it should.

Please see the attached document for how I'm getting it to the current point. If you have any suggestion/idea thanks.

Edited by wallmachine

1 hour ago, wallmachine said:

Please see the attached document for how I'm getting it to the current point. If you have any suggestion/idea thanks.

Could you use the MultiTrigger conditions (fired when IsSelectionActive becomes True or False) to change the Scroll property of the MarqueeTextBlock to Off or LeftTypewriter? You'd have to somehow reference the MarqueeTextBlock in the DataTemplate; perhaps if you provide it an x:Name? I've never done that but worth a shot.

Sorted it out with the help of a mate. Suggestion for future iterations if possible to have TextTrimming on Marquee just to keep it inline with the rest of the ListBox and some reason the Marquee follows onto the next selected item, possible for it to reset and start at beginning for each item?

Edited by wallmachine
  • Like 3

What is the best way to work out the following to get text aligned? or right aligned to end.

<sys:Int32 x:Key="PaddingLength">40</sys:Int32>

size.thumb.png.0b3f699eaa12ce7171fa06de01a8eed8.png

Edited by wallmachine

All possible because of this Plugin and available options to theme. I would recommend using it to customise.

On 11/10/2019 at 8:38 AM, wallmachine said:

Sorted it out with the help of a mate.

It looks fantastic! Great job with this.

On 11/11/2019 at 7:40 AM, wallmachine said:

What is the best way to work out the following to get text aligned? or right aligned to end.

The simplest (best?) way would be to use a fixed-width font for the options views. That's what I did for FluxCRT, Refaktor, and Nostalgia.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, eatkinola said:

It looks fantastic! Great job with this.

The simplest (best?) way would be to use a fixed-width font for the options views. That's what I did for FluxCRT, Refaktor, and Nostalgia.

I avoided doing it because I couldn't get the marquee control working in the options menu an\y idea on how to do this?

1 hour ago, wallmachine said:

I avoided doing it because I couldn't get the marquee control working in the options menu an\y idea on how to do this?

That's something I've never done, but fixed width fonts on the option views makes things line up nicely.

2 hours ago, eatkinola said:

That's something I've never done, but fixed width fonts on the option views makes things line up nicely.

aight I'll keep trying to work out the marquee in options, as placing text to the far right the longer text gets trimmed... unless you have any other ideas?

image.thumb.png.c1a4594e5add36fa67e494ca80a7e797.pngimage.thumb.png.ee35b281d10b668b4c97009059d94234.pngimage.thumb.png.111b5d3b353f674c8362c58608c39ad8.png

13 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

aight I'll keep trying to work out the marquee in options, as placing text to the far right the longer text gets trimmed... unless you have any other ideas?

Getting the marquee to work in this scenario would be helpful. Though since it might be difficult to get a table-like layout in the options views, the best solution might include both: (1) using a fixed-width font, and (2) marquee element for the value of the option.

• Thanks 1