LaunchBox Community Forums

15 hard drives , 39 tb , 175,000 games, 3 years of work, countless image searches, tutorials, downloads etc

not 100 % complete but I'd guess 80-90% done as far as collecting and art/videos.

Special Thanks to Launchbox and the Launchbox community. A lifetime dream realized...

IMG_20190220_142854897.jpg

IMG_20190220_143247653.jpg

IMG_20190220_151701907.jpg

• Like 2

That's one heck of a collection I've never seen so many systems, definitely preserving the old games there.... out of interest how big is the media folder that holds the images and videos..... also what do you back up, just the media or games or both

Thanks Rince , it's an honor to have you reply to my very first post, and to answer your question 322gb of images and 159 gbs of video so far.  My Launchbox drive is 2tb, I've cloned it entirely and now work on it on my Ryzen rig and have put the arcade rig on ice until I can back it up with more drives. Once I get my third 8 tb external I plan on shucking all externals removing the smaller drives and raid cards to clean things up a bit but my end goal is to have a 2tb m.2 and five x 8tb in my Ryzen rig and all the other drives in the computer shown as a backup.

Currently there are two 8tb, two 3tb, 6 2tb, 3 1tb , a 1.5tb and 750gb drive , hardware specs are simple but effective r9 460, amd fx 8120, 16ggbs corsair vengeance, not the latest and greatest but it gets the job done. Special tip of  the hat to CP78, Coin Ops Forgotten Worlds, Ghostlost and the All Killer No Filler crew to name a few. 

Edited by lou silver
wrong specs listed for graphics

just a heads up if you shuck externals already containing data they can be seen as raw when no longer attached to the externals controller board. Also there is the risk that the board can be soldered on to the external.

I've researched my seagate drives , watched a few videos and I might just leave them as they are and wait for more affordable higher capacity internal drives coming down the road. I would definitely move all the data to another drive before shucking as too much work has went into them as it stands. Thank you for the heads up DOS76, good looking out. :)

No problem. I've had that happen to my once when shucking an external it was as simple as reconnecting it to the hardware from the external and the data was accessible again. So I was able to then move it and then install it internally. Just wanted to share my experience and hopefully help some one avoid a headache.

why do you have emulaters running on emulators i.e Wii Virtual console snes games?? Is there a point?

This is the "everything" box some redundancy will occur,  although I'd most likely leave those out of a build for a friend or family member it's there for those who might want it.

There could  be extra features, hooked up graphics, easter eggs and the like.  It's a small investment storage wise and getting covers vids and artwork was a breeze.

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much, just a little update I'm now on three 8tb externals and 6 internal drives(2x3tb,4 x 2tb. 38tb total , things are cleaned up quite a bit. I've got 99% big box platform/playlists videos/art complete (took a month for all 500ish..) I've got all but about a dozen of all platforms complete with cover art, as far as the total count it's dropped to 165k as I've been combining and removing some things however I still have more games to add so the number will go up and down accordingly.

whats left as far as cover art for platforms

if anyone has complete cover sets id be happy to trade

Arcade  NonMAME ROMs         
Amstrad CPC                
Atari 2600                  
Atari ST                    
Commodore Amiga             
Final Burn Alpha Shuffle    
Flash Games                 
MS-DOS                    
Nintendo Game Boy Advance (e-Cards)
Sinclair ZX-80               
Tremor Games                 
Tandy TRS-80                  

Edited by lou silver
wrong game cont

No idea, send him money though so he can keep making kickass updates for CP78 and you tube videos. Anything in my collection he might need I'd be happy to share.

Keep up the good work m8!

Thank you !!  I have 2000 CPC covers to do  (out of 6000) this will save me tons of time !! Every now and again when doing covers I'll stumble across killer sites like these  - good stuff !!!