LaunchBox Community Forums

9.6-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

32 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Make sure you have the latest versions of both of those themes. Have you updated them since the 9.5 release?

I’ve updated critical zone and that’s stopped the error, thanks for your quick reply!

Think I’ve been using critical zone default and without realising changed the theme to blue box version at the same time as updating to the latest beta so had wrongly thought it was that that caused the issue.

I’ll delete these comments so they aren’t wrongly posted against beta testing comments 

Edited by Shizzlemydiddle
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, darreldearth said:

Be cool to have separate settings for each theme so it saves all the selected views (platform, category, genre) for each theme separately. 

You are probably the only person iv'e seen here besides me who wants this as well, since it is a bit tedious changing view each time you change a theme, especially when you have a lot of platforms/playlists, and if you use separate themes on some platforms/playlist. Also it would be cool, if you use different themes on platforms/playlists and you just want to change the Main theme, but not the seperate Platform/playlist themes, have bigbox give you an option when selecting a main theme, if it was able to detect if some platforms/playlists have a different theme from the main theme and ask you, do you want to apply this theme globally or do you want to replace all separate themes, or something like that. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ea4492 said:

You are probably the only person iv'e seen here besides me who wants this as well, since it is a bit tedious changing view each time you change a theme, especially when you have a lot of platforms/playlists, and if you use separate themes on some platforms/playlist. Also it would be cool, if you use different themes on platforms/playlists and you just want to change the Main theme, but not the seperate Platform/playlist themes, have bigbox give you an option when selecting a main theme, if it was able to detect if some platforms/playlists have a different theme from the main theme and ask you, do you want to apply this theme globally or do you want to replace all separate themes, or something like that. 

Hoping for this as well

19 hours ago, darreldearth said:

Be cool to have separate settings for each theme so it saves all the selected views (platform, category, genre) for each theme separately. 

Yeah, I can see this being useful if you like to change your main theme often. It's certainly tricky due to the whole "different themes for each platform" thing. Really all we need is an easy way to back up and save settings, which would be a more generic solution that would help out in a number of other ways as well. That could even be done by a plugin I think, but I'll put that on the list for the next poll.

• Like 3

Beta 3 is out now with a hopeful fix for the issue with the theme details not loading, as well as the following:

• List of installed themes with updates available
  • List of recently updated themes
  • List of newly available themes
  • Support for startup themes

Unfortunately, most of the above additions aren't very useful currently because of how few themes we have up there at this point. I haven't added any startup themes yet, so there's nothing available to download, though you can still manage your installed themes. My next objective is to finish the theme uploader web forms so that we can get the theme lists decently populated.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 3 is out now with a hopeful fix for the issue with the theme details not loading, as well as the following:

• List of installed themes with updates available
  • List of recently updated themes
  • List of newly available themes
  • Support for startup themes

Unfortunately, most of the above additions aren't very useful currently because of how few themes we have up there at this point. I haven't added any startup themes yet, so there's nothing available to download, though you can still manage your installed themes. My next objective is to finish the theme uploader web forms so that we can get the theme lists decently populated.

Hey! Still having issues, now more than before. Whenever I browse the themes, my controller starts lagging pretty hard, I can't really navigate properly, and no images are shown on any of the themes, only the buttons, "like" "requirements" and such.

Whenever I try to go into Startup Themes it just says loading, and I have to Alt-Tab outside of BB and then back again to be able to exit out, otherwise I'm stuck.

I turned on debugging and here are the logs when I performed these actions.

Debug 2019-03-07 08-05-45 AM.log

Debug 2019-03-07 08-06-22 AM.log

3 hours ago, e2zippo said:

Hey! Still having issues, now more than before. Whenever I browse the themes, my controller starts lagging pretty hard, I can't really navigate properly, and no images are shown on any of the themes, only the buttons, "like" "requirements" and such.

Whenever I try to go into Startup Themes it just says loading, and I have to Alt-Tab outside of BB and then back again to be able to exit out, otherwise I'm stuck.

I turned on debugging and here are the logs when I performed these actions.

Debug 2019-03-07 08-05-45 AM.log

Debug 2019-03-07 08-06-22 AM.log

While i have no idea what most of that log actually means, i do see references to the pcsx2 configurator plugin in it on several occasions. You could try moving that out of the plugins folder and see if there is any change.

7 hours ago, neil9000 said:

While i have no idea what most of that log actually means, i do see references to the pcsx2 configurator plugin in it on several occasions. You could try moving that out of the plugins folder and see if there is any change.

I tried that,unfortunately didn't change anything.

Beta 4 is out now with the following:

• Hopeful fixes for the controller lag in the themes manager
  • Theme likes have been implemented

I'm still going to town on the web interface for uploading new themes, so hopefully I'll have that ready at some point next week.

• Like 2

By the way, the controller lag issues made sense and I was able to fix them, but I'm completely lost on any other bugs with the themes manager, such as images not loading, etc. Do keep in mind that images will only show up for themes that are available and have been approved on the server; if "Latest Version Available" is listed as "Unknown", then the theme hasn't been uploaded yet and nothing will show up for it. You'll be able to uninstall it or apply it, but that's about it. If it's taking forever to load up the themes manager, it's probably some sort of a connectivity issue.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

By the way, the controller lag issues made sense and I was able to fix them, but I'm completely lost on any other bugs with the themes manager, such as images not loading, etc. Do keep in mind that images will only show up for themes that are available and have been approved on the server; if "Latest Version Available" is listed as "Unknown", then the theme hasn't been uploaded yet and nothing will show up for it. You'll be able to uninstall it or apply it, but that's about it. If it's taking forever to load up the themes manager, it's probably some sort of a connectivity issue.

Just tried beta 4 out and it works better, all three themes that are available now load correctly, however, I'm still getting some controller lag when the images for the theme load, and when going back and forth between the themes, it takes quite a while for the images to load. Perhaps they can be cached? That would probably solve the controller lag as well. I can now enter Manage Startup Themes as well although that also take quite a while, it just says "Please wait while loading"

Big improvement for sure, but I think some sort of caching for the images are needed, so the don't have to load all over again while scrolling through the themes.

Thanks Jason!

18 hours ago, Dexll said:

Why are the options now all lumped under Legacy now?  What is happening?

They have been under the "Legacy" name since 8.6. That was the version Jason released the updated Launchbox interface. The settings from the old interface where put as "Legacy". 

• Like 1