LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Ringwide, Ringedge, LIndbergh, Namco ES3 video files

sucramjd

49 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Rep is hidden now compared to before, but it was just an observation, but I think it was better as it was.

It must be down to the people that maintain it , as it has also happened on Hyperspin.

As for Firefox, I use it and it does not resume for me. Maybe I need to look at the settings.

Thanks for info.

With Firefox, if a download fails, you should be able to just hit "Retry", and it should resume where it left off.

3 hours ago, zugswang said:

Not for me unfortunately.

Launchbox is the only site that IDM does not just automatically work for me, that's why it was so obvious something had changed after all the years of not even thinking about it.

It's only the last week or so since the site update that it no longer works.

Oh well, i will just not bother downloading anything large until I find a better browser to download on Launchbox.

So if you right click on the item downloading in FireFox you do not get an option to Pause?

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 8.51.42 PM.png

6 hours ago, Retro808 said:

So if you right click on the item downloading in FireFox you do not get an option to Pause?

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 8.51.42 PM.png

Yes, but if internet cuts out for example or I accidently close the browser the download just fails and you need to start again. With IDM or any other download manager you can just resume it.

On a small download it's not an issue, but for stuff 5-10gb in size it's a pain having to start again as I have found out 2-3 times already.

It is just what I am used to on every other site I use, so I thought I would bring it to your attention as I am sure many others use IDM or similar.

All I am saying is for years IDM worked perfectly in this forum and now it doesn't.

Thanks for your input.

• Like 1