LaunchBox Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wallmachine

LaunchBox import/scraping issue?

Not sure about the name being changed during the import, etc. but I can confirm your thoughts on the "-" vs ":" though.  Since Windows doesn't allow for ":" characters to be in the filename it seems the nomenclature is for "-" to be usually used to replace that character.  When LB imports a file and it sees a "-" in the name it seems to always interpret that as a ":" for the game name field.  One thought though, in your preferences for regions in LB, do you have Japan selected as a preferred region for scraping?  Perhaps that is the issue?

7 hours ago, CDBlue said:

Not sure about the name being changed during the import, etc. but I can confirm your thoughts on the "-" vs ":" though.  Since Windows doesn't allow for ":" characters to be in the filename it seems the nomenclature is for "-" to be usually used to replace that character.  When LB imports a file and it sees a "-" in the name it seems to always interpret that as a ":" for the game name field.  One thought though, in your preferences for regions in LB, do you have Japan selected as a preferred region for scraping?  Perhaps that is the issue?

Thanks for the response.. With the optional change of name at the end of the wizard even if I changed it to whatever I wanted doesn't matter japanese or not it would take on the games database title so I guess that part doesn't work.
image.thumb.png.b3c9ade4d40845781291708fd48fcbc6.png