LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

The Great Emulator Coverage Thread

Posted (edited)

Just tested Virtual Jaguar 2.1.2 and pause screens seem to work without issue as far as I can tell (with default settings in LB/BB).  Sorry, forgot to also mention that startup and shutdown screens are also working as intended with this emulator.

-CDBlue

Edited by CDBlue
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Have a couple updates from my setup.

Citra, which previously worked well in the early betas, is now not functioning properly with the Pause Screens, or with Shutdown Screen. Im on beta 14. The startup screen does work properly and the emu does load. Emu version is Citra Canary 1354. I hadn't updated the emu until today, so I believe the issue was more so with a change in the beta's versus the emu itself. 

Along with that, Cxbx Reloaded works with the Startup screen and pause screen, however with closing it just minimizes the emu and doesn't work well with the shutdown screen. Both citra and cxbx reloaded have separate GUI screens that load prior to the game loading, so maybe that could be part of the issue

Edited by TheNewClassics

I have managed to "solve" my problem with a workaround.

I was experimenting with AHK commands to solve my problem. I had an syntax error in my code, but this was the solution for my problem. The syntax error message is appearing only for 1 millisecond between the transition from the emulator to the pause screen. But somehow this causes the pause screen to work with retroarch now. 😅

It is not an elegant solution but at least now I can use the pause screen with retroarch.

FS-UAE

Startup Screens: Work on my setup for both LB and BB (WHLoad games).  Screen is relatively fast ~5 seconds before going to UAE control. Slider doesn't alter timing so suspect exclusive screen at that point.

Pause: Broken. Mutes the game but doesn't pause and doesn't bring up menu for both force and non-forced. 

On 5/12/2019 at 9:26 AM, TheNewClassics said:

Have a couple updates from my setup.

Citra, which previously worked well in the early betas, is now not functioning properly with the Pause Screens, or with Shutdown Screen. Im on beta 14. The startup screen does work properly and the emu does load. Emu version is Citra Canary 1354. I hadn't updated the emu until today, so I believe the issue was more so with a change in the beta's versus the emu itself. 

Along with that, Cxbx Reloaded works with the Startup screen and pause screen, however with closing it just minimizes the emu and doesn't work well with the shutdown screen. Both citra and cxbx reloaded have separate GUI screens that load prior to the game loading, so maybe that could be part of the issue

Have you tested with Forceful Activation both enabled and disabled? Cxbx Reloaded in particular I've had at least three reports of it working properly for everything, so that's odd.

Thanks all; I have the table updated. Hoping to improve compatibility with some of the broken ones this week.

Posted (edited)

SSF

Startup: Works

Pause: Emulator closes after opening the pause screen. Tried it with every option.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Have you tested with Forceful Activation both enabled and disabled? Cxbx Reloaded in particular I've had at least three reports of it working properly for everything, so that's odd. 

I have the same issue. Have tested both options.

Edited by deliyuerek85

FYI, just tested latest beta (9.8 beta 15) and have a couple more emulators to report what I've seen:

BSNES (v107r3) - SNES - Startup/shutdown and pause screens all work as intended without issues for me

Blastem (v0.6.3-pre 64-bit) - Sega Genesis - Startup/shutdown screens work without issues.  Hitting the key to go to the pause screen caused a black screen to appear.  After about 30 seconds launchbox crashed and Blastem became unresponsive and had to be ended via task manager/process.

Edited by CDBlue

Startup works however shutdown does not in the emulators below and when exiting the games it freezes the screen however the game audio continues to play. Also in Action Max you'll see the game starts before the startup finishes.

Daphne
Daphne Singe