Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Alignment Issue


radio5
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey, guys. Not sure if this has always been the case, and I just never noticed, but recently I've seen a couple of things in BigBox (default theme) that aren't aligned properly. In these photos, you can see how the box art images for "favorites" and "recents" is cut off at the bottom. This is the case, regardless of platform. I've also listed a few other instances below. If I had to guess, I'd say it's some kind of scaling issue. I poked around in the settings, but didn't see anything that would help. I tried refreshing all images, but that didn't fix it. Any ideas what could be going on, or is this just the way it is? I should mention that BigBox is being displayed on a 4k TV.

Thanks

20190527_131154 (1).jpg

Edited by radio5
clarification and to add more information
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is your scaling set to?

1 hour ago, radio5 said:

... If I had to guess, I'd say it's some kind of scaling issue. I poked around in the settings, but didn't see anything that would help. I tried refreshing all images, but that didn't fix it. Any ideas what could be going on, or is this just the way it is? I should mention that BigBox is being displayed on a 4k TV.

BigBox will not have any settings to adjust scaling you would have to do this in your pc's display settings. I know we have a bunch of forum members and mods who run 4k without this issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's currently set to what Windows recommends, 3840x2160. There's one option higher for 4096x2160. I'll try switching to that real quick and see if it changes anything. So you believe it is a scaling issue, and that the problem is most likely with Windows? 

Edited by radio5
clarification
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, radio5 said:

So you believe it is a scaling issue, and that the problem is most likely with Windows? 

That would be my best guess. I have not had my 4K monitor or TV connected to my launchbox setups in a while, but they all displayed correctly the default and many other themes. Change the scaling in your display setting and see. Easy to change back if it doesn't affect it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried changing the resolution to the full 4096x2160, and it corrected the game summaries/descriptions, but nothing else. Then I went back into Windows' display settings and set my TV as my main display. Everything is displaying properly now, but unfortunately, leaving my TV as the main display is not practical. Oh, well. Thanks for your help.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, radio5 said:

I tried changing the resolution to the full 4096x2160, and it corrected the game summaries/descriptions, but nothing else. Then I went back into Windows' display settings and set my TV as my main display. Everything is displaying properly now, but unfortunately, leaving my TV as the main display is not practical. Oh, well. Thanks for your help.

That is clearly a windows scaling issue. :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, radio5 said:

I tried changing the resolution to the full 4096x2160, and it corrected the game summaries/descriptions, but nothing else. Then I went back into Windows' display settings and set my TV as my main display. Everything is displaying properly now, but unfortunately, leaving my TV as the main display is not practical. Oh, well. Thanks for your help.

4096x2160 is the maximum that can be provided over a HDMI2.0 cable. and sounds wrong to start with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's it! I went ahead and changed my resolution back to 3840 (because of this and it seems to make more sense from a scaling perspective, i.e. 1920 x 2 = 3840). But what really solved the problem was how my TV was being scaled. Windows recommended 300%, but when I lowered it to 250%, all my issues mentioned above went away. Thanks @Retro808 !!!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...