Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
DarthWHAT

All my Bally Midway MAME games stopped working

Recommended Posts

Not sure when it happened maybe after the LaunchBox update but they were working at one point. Games like rampage, tapper, spy hunter, tron, pigskin football. I’ve googled my ass off and can’t really find anything. Anyone have issues with this games? When I try to load in LB or BB just the loading screen and then black screen for 2 seconds then back to BB or LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tested a few working here with latest LB and 210 MAME with 210 MAME ROM set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats a good idea, I will have to check when I get home later.  I'll report back. With these midway games I know they require the missio.zip or whatever its called to run, anyone know what a good site is to use for reference to see what roms need these particular zip files to run? maybe I've delete something I wasnt supposed to. Its just weird that only these games stopped working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarthWHAT said:

Thats a good idea, I will have to check when I get home later.  I'll report back. With these midway games I know they require the missio.zip or whatever its called to run, anyone know what a good site is to use for reference to see what roms need these particular zip files to run? maybe I've delete something I wasnt supposed to. Its just weird that only these games stopped working.

Those games need the Midway Sound file midssio.zip. Make sure you did not delete that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/default.php

Find your machine (game) and scroll down to the ROMSET section and it will list the bios zip file name (if) needed.

image.thumb.png.17660515f9c9d1ded9060e8a3dba80f2.pngThis example:

Machine - 11beat.zip

Bios file needed - aleck64.zip

Exactly what I as looking for! thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Those games need the Midway Sound file midssio.zip. Make sure you did not delete that. 

Yes that is in there. These were working once, so something happened at one point that made them stop. I've removed all the zips and re-added to see if that worked and nothing. I'm going to test run these thru MAME only tonight to rule out Launchbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DarthWHAT said:

Yes that is in there. These were working once, so something happened at one point that made them stop. I've removed all the zips and re-added to see if that worked and nothing. I'm going to test run these thru MAME only tonight to rule out Launchbox.

Running directly through Mame is always best as it will tell you exactly which file you are missing.

Sometimes you can have the rom set, but still be missing a single individual rom within the set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Headrush69 said:

Running directly through Mame is always best as it will tell you exactly which file you are missing.

Sometimes you can have the rom set, but still be missing a single individual rom within the set. 

Trying to figure out the MAME UI is pretty confusing to say the least lol Not sure how to use it but thanks for knowledge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DarthWHAT said:

Yes that is in there. These were working once, so something happened at one point that made them stop. I've removed all the zips and re-added to see if that worked and nothing. I'm going to test run these thru MAME only tonight to rule out Launchbox.

We always recommend when adding new systems and when something stops working. Test directly in the emulator first. This way, as was mentioned, we rule out the emulator. As long as it works in the emulator we can have an easier time of troubleshooting Launchbox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

We always recommend when adding new systems and when something stops working. Test directly in the emulator first. This way, as was mentioned, we rule out the emulator. As long as it works in the emulator we can have an easier time of troubleshooting Launchbox. 

Got it Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarthWHAT said:

Got it Thanks!

Do you know what version # Mame you are running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarthWHAT said:

The latest .0210b 64bit

Thanks. Just checking since that is what @DOS76 tested with and same with me. Test in mame tonight as you said and let us know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay so I tried running rampage in MAMEUI and it does the same thing, but this time it causes MAME to crash. MAME also shows its as a working rom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarthWHAT said:

okay so I tried running rampage in MAMEUI and it does the same thing, but this time it causes MAME to crash. MAME also shows its as a working rom.

Double check in MameUI and make sure you have the rom path set. Should be under Option > Directories. 

Did you change settings or update MameUI recently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the path ROMs set. I see all my games. I did play with the video settings once but swear I changed things back to how they were. At least I assumed i did since all but 5 of my ROMs still play. Does Bally midway get weird in video settings? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay new clue so I can get them to work when I set them in windowed mode within MAME. As soon as I remove it from that to start full screen it’s crashes MAME. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...