Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

9.10-beta-1 Released

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

I've been exclusively doing that since day 1, it was the way I first tried it just trying the software out before seeing any guides or anything, it just felt like the natural way of doing things.

Same here, that was the first thing I tried years ago, and it has been the way I've done it ever since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I have Ikaruga selected then only Ikaruga imports, but if I select everything except Ikaruga, then everything imports fine.

With Ikaruga:

8025124_ikarugaselected.thumb.png.6df85e42b9563c523ddb03d4b9f21e0d.pngWithout Ikaruga:

1967962976_ikaruganotselected.thumb.png.1c90393b5ced9edc7dca8486c94ba590.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done more testing and it seems that there are certain games that will cause LB not to import anything but the problem games. If I deselect the problem games and only import  the missing games, they import fine. So as long as I don't try to import Ikaruga, Radirgy, Slashoutr, Spawn, or Trizeal, everything else imports fine. I can then import those problem games separately without issue. It's the strangest thing.

Edited by Omen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Omen said:

I've done more testing and it seems that there are certain games that will cause LB not to import anything but the problem games. If I deselect the problem games and only import  the missing games, they import fine. So as long as I don't try to import Ikaruga, Radirgy, Slashout or Spawn, everything else imports fine. I can then import those problem games separately without issue. It's the strangest thing.

I just tested importing those same games and had no issues even with them imported with about 200 other rom files. I do notice something though. Those game names are the exact way the zipped rom file is named for Mame. Any chance you have the zipped rom file imported into an Arcade platform somewhere? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I just tested importing those same games and had no issues even with them imported with about 200 other rom files. I do notice something though. Those game names are the exact way the zipped rom file is named for Mame. Any chance you have the zipped rom file imported into an Arcade platform somewhere? 

Yeah I do have those zipped in my Arcade platform. I tried to have it import duplicates but that still didn't work. I ended up just importing the problem games on their own and it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 11:15 PM, Jason Carr said:

Improvement: Double-clicking on the video in the game details sidebar in LaunchBox will now open the video fullscreen with VLC

This is great. When you double-click the video from the fullscreen, it doesn't return to Launchbox however but stays in VLC - you then have to close VLC. Would it be possible for it to close VLC and return to Launchbox on double click instead?

Also - on dual monitor displays, the startup screen appears on one monitor and the game on the other (at least that is the way I have it set up). The startup screen quickly disappears however and the screen is left blank. Would it be possible to either have the startup screen or the pause screen showing on the first monitor instead of nothing? Would be great to have something like the pause menu showing whilst the game is playing on the other monitor, to complement the game with the media being displayed.

Edited by Retrofrogg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 12:15 AM, Jason Carr said:

Beta 3 is out now with the following:

  • Improvement: The Enter key will now launch games in LaunchBox
  • Improvement: You can now bulk edit the Broken field on games
  • Improvement: When editing an emulator and making it the default emulator for a particular platform, LaunchBox will now ask you if you want to change all games in that platform to use that emulator.
  • Improvement: Double-clicking on the video in the game details sidebar in LaunchBox will now open the video fullscreen with VLC
  • Improvement: When auto-play videos is disabled in LaunchBox, the videos in the sidebar will now display a black background with a play icon instead of an empty space
  • Fixed: Various places in LaunchBox and Big Box were occasionally using the operating system's language/translation settings instead of the language specified in the LaunchBox options

Hello Jason, i get this error when i run BigBox:

1781095851_BBerror.thumb.png.4aee1c89247e54c9ac0aa25c7fa48fce.png

Is it a known issue that will be solved in the next updates?

Cheers

Edited by Shad8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed another issue - when I try and play the music for a game in Launchbox, it crashes and the app exits. The soundtrack for the games are stored in folders with the same name as the game.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Retrofrogg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Retrofrogg said:

Just noticed another issue - when I try and play the music for a game in Launchbox, it crashes and the app exits. The soundtrack for the games are stored in folders with the same name as the game.

Capture.PNG

Just tested here by right clicking some SNES games and choosing "Play Music" and they are playing just fine. I dont have folders full of tracks though like you do in that image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Retro808 @Omen Good sleuthing there guys; I think you may be onto something. I've heard about similar things like this before, but could never pinpoint it. It sounds like it somehow has to do with names matching imported MAME games. I'll see if I can figure that out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

This is great. When you double-click the video from the fullscreen, it doesn't return to Launchbox however but stays in VLC - you then have to close VLC. Would it be possible for it to close VLC and return to Launchbox on double click instead?

Also - on dual monitor displays, the startup screen appears on one monitor and the game on the other (at least that is the way I have it set up). The startup screen quickly disappears however and the screen is left blank. Would it be possible to either have the startup screen or the pause screen showing on the first monitor instead of nothing? Would be great to have something like the pause menu showing whilst the game is playing on the other monitor, to complement the game with the media being displayed.

I chose to open full VLC instead of providing a custom, more limited interface for flexibility reasons. I figured it's desktop mode LaunchBox, so an extra mouse click isn't a big deal and it's a good tradeoff for the added flexibility of having the full VLC interface.

Per the dual screens, unfortunately those would be major changes. Eventually I might be able to get something like that in, but probably not any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shad8 said:

Hello Jason, i get this error when i run BigBox:

1781095851_BBerror.thumb.png.4aee1c89247e54c9ac0aa25c7fa48fce.png

Is it a known issue that will be solved in the next updates?

Cheers

Unfortunately this is an error with the Ao.Bigbox series of plugins. Most likely you're using an outdated theme for Big Box. What theme are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Just noticed another issue - when I try and play the music for a game in Launchbox, it crashes and the app exits. The soundtrack for the games are stored in folders with the same name as the game.

Capture.PNG

I haven't been able to replicate this. Try deleting the LaunchBox\VLC folder while LaunchBox is closed and restart LaunchBox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Unfortunately this is an error with the Ao.Bigbox series of plugins. Most likely you're using an outdated theme for Big Box. What theme are you using?

Critical Zone v2 if I remember correctly (i’m Not at home right now)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Shad8 said:

Critical Zone v2 if I remember correctly (i’m Not at home right now)

It may be an old version of that theme. Try using the CriticalZone v2 - Default version that comes with the latest versions of Big Box. If you can't get into the app, deleting the theme folder should fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

It may be an old version of that theme. Try using the CriticalZone v2 - Default version that comes with the latest versions of Big Box. If you can't get into the app, deleting the theme folder should fix it.

Changing theme have fixed the error.

Thanks sir

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@Retro808 @Omen Good sleuthing there guys; I think you may be onto something. I've heard about similar things like this before, but could never pinpoint it. It sounds like it somehow has to do with names matching imported MAME games. I'll see if I can figure that out.

Awesome! I rarely find bugs these days, so I’m glad I can help in some way. Let me know if you need anymore testing done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in LB go to tools options and its under the updates section

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone requested a more thorough media manager for one of the next updates?  There are so many different types of boxes for games and there is no easy way  to figure out which version fits an individual's tastes except by trial and error. 

 

I'd love to choose a platform,  browse through the different types of cases in the database, and download and replace with ease.

Edited by Mr.Laor
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...