Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

9.10-beta-1 Released

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Mr.Laor said:

Has anyone requested a more thorough media manager for one of the next updates?  There are so many different types of boxes for games and there is no easy way  to figure out which version fits an individual's tastes except by trial and error. 

 

I'd love to choose a platform,  browse through the different types of cases in the database, and download and replace with ease.

But cases are image files. There's no way launchbox can possibly "look" at a photo to determine what type of image it is, let alone whether or not it is a case at all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 4:56 PM, Mr.Laor said:

Has anyone requested a more thorough media manager for one of the next updates?  There are so many different types of boxes for games and there is no easy way  to figure out which version fits an individual's tastes except by trial and error. 

 

I'd love to choose a platform,  browse through the different types of cases in the database, and download and replace with ease.

Some of this would be possible, but doing it for an entire platform would not be possible, because we don't have images divided into sets on the games database. We could use an interface to pick and choose which images you want to download, but that would have to be done individually for each game, and isn't much different than what's currently available, as you can already just download them all and then delete the ones you don't want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you have so many other things on your list but just wanted to mention a little issue here with auditing

When LB Database scan and matches your game to the DB, if you get 2 that match the same they are marked as Duplicates (which is great) - but after you edit them and match them both to the seperate DB matches, you can't manually untick the "duplicate" field and they stay Red and Ticked

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Some of this would be possible, but doing it for an entire platform would not be possible, because we don't have images divided into sets on the games database. We could use an interface to pick and choose which images you want to download, but that would have to be done individually for each game, and isn't much different than what's currently available, as you can already just download them all and then delete the ones you don't want.

A visual queue for individual media per game to show a preview of the box, clear logo etc would look nice. Not necessary but cool.

Edited by Juzzotec
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 12:57 PM, Jason Carr said:

I haven't been able to replicate this. Try deleting the LaunchBox\VLC folder while LaunchBox is closed and restart LaunchBox.

Has anyone else had this issue/resolved?  I'm not on the beta but have this same issue on the latest stable release.   I pointed the music folder to the mame soundtracks folder included in the mame extras set and get same exact issue where launchbox closes when trying to play track.  The extras has all tracks from game ripped into a folder named after game rom.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, burritodamus said:

Has anyone else had this issue/resolved?  I'm not on the beta but have this same issue on the latest stable release.   I pointed the music folder to the mame soundtracks folder included in the mame extras set and get same exact issue where launchbox closes when trying to play track.  The extras has all tracks from game ripped into a folder named after game rom.

Have you tried deleting the VLC folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 4 is out now with the following:

  • New Feature: Game-specific custom DOSBox versions can now be used for DOSBox games, instead of always using the version of DOSBox that is built-in to LaunchBox. You can find a new field for custom DOSBox version under the DOSBox tab when editing games, and it is also available in bulk edits.

  • Improvement: The Big Box startup sound should now do better at not hitching

  • Improvement: Updated Japanese, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese translations

This is a fairly small release overall, but I'm leaning towards putting out the 9.10 release here shortly, as I'd like to put out the new poll here sooner rather than later.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 4 is out now with the following:

  • New Feature: Game-specific custom DOSBox versions can now be used for DOSBox games, instead of always using the version of DOSBox that is built-in to LaunchBox. You can find a new field for custom DOSBox version under the DOSBox tab when editing games, and it is also available in bulk edits.

  • Improvement: The Big Box startup sound should now do better at not hitching

  • Improvement: Updated Japanese, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese translations

This is a fairly small release overall, but I'm leaning towards putting out the 9.10 release here shortly, as I'd like to put out the new poll here sooner rather than later.

can I suggest some features?

- Shortcut to change ROM/Game name only, instead to press left button>Edit>change name>OK 

Example: press F2 to rename ROM/ Game name

- Scrap platform information only. The only way to scrap platform info are recreating the platform

Ex: click with left button on the platform (Super Famicom), choose Scrap info or something that.

 

Other thing is a bug with Wikipedia ID info. I can't remove to reescrap the info

Ex:

 

Thanks for your attention!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr Speaking of the poll, will you have a live stream soon to get suggestions, like in the past? If so do you know when? I really don't want to miss that! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sagaopcyou can already just press ctrl+e on a selected game it will start in the title field type in what you want to change it to and press alt+O and you are done. Making the controls so granular just doesn't seem needed but who knows what the larger user base would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Have you tried deleting the VLC folder?

Yes... I deleted the VLC folder, restarted, hit play and it errors out and exits LB.  I also noted that it recreates the VLC folder.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr Great feature with being able to set a path for custom dosbox versions. I have a question regarding loading a game with my custom dosbox.exe. The custom path is reading my custom dosbox and config file but it does not auto load the game and just goes to dosbox command line. The dosbox that comes with LaunchBox auto loads the same game just fine when you select it and you do not have to type in any mount or command lines and etc. Why would this happen with my custom dosbox? I can send you my custom dosbox.exe and config also if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@jason-carr/, I know this is probably off topic, but regarding a next feature poll, I am wondering if there is the possibility for revisiting  a global setting for default system bezels by platform... now that we have pause screens, startup and shutdown screen overlays on top of the emulators, would this now be more feasible for consideration to implement?

Thanks for consideration...

Edited by MazJohn [Mr Arcade]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For whatever reason, my startup sound still hitches at the beginning. Not sure if it's something specific to my config

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

For whatever reason, my startup sound still hitches at the beginning. Not sure if it's something specific to my config

Same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sagaopc said:

can I suggest some features?

- Shortcut to change ROM/Game name only, instead to press left button>Edit>change name>OK 

Example: press F2 to rename ROM/ Game name

- Scrap platform information only. The only way to scrap platform info are recreating the platform

Ex: click with left button on the platform (Super Famicom), choose Scrap info or something that.

 

Other thing is a bug with Wikipedia ID info. I can't remove to reescrap the info

Ex:

 

Thanks for your attention!

I'll take a look at that bug. I suspect that maybe it's an issue with your particular translation? Can you try switching to English to see if it's still an issue? That would help me troubleshoot it.

The platform info actually comes with LaunchBox, so it should be included from the beginning. There's not really any platform scraping available currently. I'm not sure if there's a way that you could end up with a platform that doesn't have info in it, unless it was created a very long time ago or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Omen said:

@Jason Carr Speaking of the poll, will you have a live stream soon to get suggestions, like in the past? If so do you know when? I really don't want to miss that! :)

Yes, I do plan on it. Most likely I'll announce the time in the next upcoming email (I plan to send it after the 9.10 release).

20 hours ago, burritodamus said:

Yes... I deleted the VLC folder, restarted, hit play and it errors out and exits LB.  I also noted that it recreates the VLC folder.

Yes, it should recreate the folder. I really have no idea why playing music would cause a crash like that. Do you have the exact error message? Do videos play okay with VLC?

19 hours ago, kmoney said:

@Jason Carr Great feature with being able to set a path for custom dosbox versions. I have a question regarding loading a game with my custom dosbox.exe. The custom path is reading my custom dosbox and config file but it does not auto load the game and just goes to dosbox command line. The dosbox that comes with LaunchBox auto loads the same game just fine when you select it and you do not have to type in any mount or command lines and etc. Why would this happen with my custom dosbox? I can send you my custom dosbox.exe and config also if needed.

It could be that whatever custom version of DOSBox you're using changed the command-line parameters (that would be irritating). What version of DOSBox are you using?

7 hours ago, MazJohn [Mr Arcade] said:

@jason-carr/, I know this is probably off topic, but regarding a next feature poll, I am wondering if there is the possibility for revisiting  a global setting for default system bezels by platform... now that we have pause screens, startup and shutdown screen overlays on top of the emulators, would this now be more feasible for consideration to implement?

Thanks for consideration...

Unfortunately bezels are still way out of the question. Displaying stuff on top of fullscreen exclusive mode emulators generically just isn't possible. I've discussed this many times, but Rocket Launcher forces windowed mode to do it, and that's not something that we're going to do. Bezels are much better handled by the emulators themselves, and considering that Retroarch covers nearly everything these days, I don't consider it to be much of a priority anyways.

4 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

For whatever reason, my startup sound still hitches at the beginning. Not sure if it's something specific to my config

 

4 hours ago, MazJohn [Mr Arcade] said:

Same here

I've tested and fixed the startup sound hitching on all five of my test machines (with various hardware speeds and such), and it's fixed on all of them, but I suspected that it might not be fixed everywhere. Unfortunately it's not something that I can make perfect, considering that we don't really want to slow down load times to make 100% sure that it doesn't hitch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the work on pinball! Wanted to report a bug I've found. If you have background music on in Big Box, the music won't actually shuffle. It will shuffle the first track when it loads, but then it will always go back to the first alphabetical track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 1:36 PM, Jason Carr said:

....as I'd like to put out the new poll here sooner rather than later. 

Jason,

Please consider launching an exe from the main wheel in Bigbox an option on the poll. This is something that has always been possible with Hyperspin and I think it would be a really good addition. Not really sure how it would work in Launchbox though so that would be something to figure out. Do you still think this is something that should be done via a plugin? 753426834_ScreenShot07-04-19at09.54AM001.thumb.PNG.bac7a7c8aa0da412ab933a9da762b09a.PNG1855359499_ScreenShot07-04-19at09_53AM.thumb.PNG.a2c779bd1ec0ca0ece67dde2f29771b3.PNG1498269082_ScreenShot07-04-19at09_54AM.thumb.PNG.818da3c51010390d6904c27c3a583bc7.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, evansoft said:

Loving the work on pinball! Wanted to report a bug I've found. If you have background music on in Big Box, the music won't actually shuffle. It will shuffle the first track when it loads, but then it will always go back to the first alphabetical track. 

I believe I've heard about this issue before, but I can't seem to replicate it. I just tested it on my machine and it shuffled at least 5 tracks correctly. Does it happen every time? Is there something you're doing in Big Box that causes it? Also, is it global background music or is it platform-specific?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...