Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

9.10-beta-1 Released

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JaysArcade said:

Jason,

Please consider launching an exe from the main wheel in Bigbox an option on the poll. This is something that has always been possible with Hyperspin and I think it would be a really good addition. Not really sure how it would work in Launchbox though so that would be something to figure out. Do you still think this is something that should be done via a plugin? 753426834_ScreenShot07-04-19at09.54AM001.thumb.PNG.bac7a7c8aa0da412ab933a9da762b09a.PNG1855359499_ScreenShot07-04-19at09_53AM.thumb.PNG.a2c779bd1ec0ca0ece67dde2f29771b3.PNG1498269082_ScreenShot07-04-19at09_54AM.thumb.PNG.818da3c51010390d6904c27c3a583bc7.PNG

This was on the last poll and I'll probably put it on this next poll as well. Unfortunately it wasn't highly voted for on the last poll.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr I did some more testing today with the new custom dosbox additions. I tried to use DosBox Daum which uses shaders but ran into some issues. I have a separate folder named DosBox Daum thats not in the OG LaunchBox DosBox folder. I pointed the custom config and exe path to the correct paths in my Daum folder and it seemed to read the config file at first correctly but it was not applying shaders. The Shaders folder resides in my DosBox Daum folder as a subfolder and the only way I could get Shaders to work is to put the Shaders folder inside of the OG LaunchBox DosBox folder. So I think LaunchBox is still looking in the LaunchBox/DosBox folder for certain things even though I have a custom config and exe path set and I have a suspicion that its looking in that folder as well when you choose the configure option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 3:51 PM, Jason Carr said:

I'll take a look at that bug. I suspect that maybe it's an issue with your particular translation? Can you try switching to English to see if it's still an issue? That would help me troubleshoot it.

The platform info actually comes with LaunchBox, so it should be included from the beginning. There's not really any platform scraping available currently. I'm not sure if there's a way that you could end up with a platform that doesn't have info in it, unless it was created a very long time ago or something like that.

Yup! when I changed to english, the ID wikipedia was removed and I can scrap again! 

The problem with scrap platform is, when you delete for some reason the platform, and recreate again, the infos doesn't appear... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I believe I've heard about this issue before, but I can't seem to replicate it. I just tested it on my machine and it shuffled at least 5 tracks correctly. Does it happen every time? Is there something you're doing in Big Box that causes it? Also, is it global background music or is it platform-specific?

So it’s happening with global background music (in the “Background” subfolder for music), not platform specific. It does happen every time I run Big Box. If I hit the key designated to skip to the next song, it will shuffle toa random song. However, if I just let the music run (even after skipping) it cycles back to that first alphabetical song again after the previous track finishes. I’m not sure what might be different in my set-up. I’ve tried removing meta data for the songs to no avail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kmoney said:

@Jason Carr I did some more testing today with the new custom dosbox additions. I tried to use DosBox Daum which uses shaders but ran into some issues. I have a separate folder named DosBox Daum thats not in the OG LaunchBox DosBox folder. I pointed the custom config and exe path to the correct paths in my Daum folder and it seemed to read the config file at first correctly but it was not applying shaders. The Shaders folder resides in my DosBox Daum folder as a subfolder and the only way I could get Shaders to work is to put the Shaders folder inside of the OG LaunchBox DosBox folder. So I think LaunchBox is still looking in the LaunchBox/DosBox folder for certain things even though I have a custom config and exe path set and I have a suspicion that its looking in that folder as well when you choose the configure option. 

Ah, thanks. I've fixed this for the next beta so that the working directory changes to the DOSBox version that's being used.

17 hours ago, sagaopc said:

Yup! when I changed to english, the ID wikipedia was removed and I can scrap again! 

The problem with scrap platform is, when you delete for some reason the platform, and recreate again, the infos doesn't appear... 

I need to know the language that you're using in order to fix the issue.

15 hours ago, evansoft said:

So it’s happening with global background music (in the “Background” subfolder for music), not platform specific. It does happen every time I run Big Box. If I hit the key designated to skip to the next song, it will shuffle toa random song. However, if I just let the music run (even after skipping) it cycles back to that first alphabetical song again after the previous track finishes. I’m not sure what might be different in my set-up. I’ve tried removing meta data for the songs to no avail. 

Okay; can you screenshot me your background music folder? All I can figure is that maybe it's caused by file or folder structure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 5 is out now with a fix for @kmoney's reported issue and a couple of other minor bugs.

I'm calling this the release candidate so speak up if anyone notices any issues. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 5 is out now with a fix for @kmoney's reported issue and a couple of other minor bugs.

I'm calling this the release candidate so speak up if anyone notices any issues. :)

Just gave the new beta a test and it seems to be working great with no added folders such as the Shaders from DosBox Daum be included into the OG DosBox folder.:) One issue I noticed that is not really an issue for me since I edit most of my dosbox.conf files with notepad++ but I could see it possibly confusing some users using a custom DosBox is when you click on the edit button beside your custom dosbox conf file to enter the Edit DosBox Configuration menu. The menu has most of the DosBox options to change available in different versions of DosBox but one thing I noticed it did not have was a Direct3D output rendering method available which is an option in DosBox Daum for example so it defaulted to Output method "Surface". I had the output method as direct3d in my custom conf but it defaulted to "surface" in the menu since that option was not available. If I were to make some changes in the Config menu and save it,it also would have changed my output rendering method to "surface" in my conf. file since direct3d was not available.

I know OG DosBox does not even have direct3d as an option I do not believe, so I am not sure if anything could be done about that or not since I know the Edit Configuration Menu is mainly for OG DosBox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kmoney said:

Just gave the new beta a test and it seems to be working great with no added folders such as the Shaders from DosBox Daum be included into the OG DosBox folder.:) One issue I noticed that is not really an issue for me since I edit most of my dosbox.conf files with notepad++ but I could see it possibly confusing some users using a custom DosBox is when you click on the edit button beside your custom dosbox conf file to enter the Edit DosBox Configuration menu. The menu has most of the DosBox options to change available in different versions of DosBox but one thing I noticed it did not have was a Direct3D output rendering method available which is an option in DosBox Daum for example so it defaulted to Output method "Surface". I had the output method as direct3d in my custom conf but it defaulted to "surface" in the menu since that option was not available. If were to make some changes in the Config menu and save it,it also would have changed my output rendering method to "surface" in my conf. file since direct3d was not available.

I know OG DosBox does not even have direct3d as an option I do not believe, so I am not sure if anything could be done about that or not since I know the Edit Configuration Menu is mainly for OG DosBox.

Yeah, that is one caveat. I don't think we'll likely try and support all of the various random DOSBox modifications available, so the configuration GUI will have to just support OG DOSBox. I expect there's a bunch of issues we could run into depending on the changes made to whatever DOSBox version the user is using. But hopefully this gets us closer to full flexibility.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Sim, isso é uma ressalva. Eu não acho que provavelmente tentaremos suportar todas as várias modificações aleatórias do DOSBox disponíveis, então a GUI de configuração terá que apenas suportar OG DOSBox. Eu espero que haja um monte de problemas que possamos encontrar dependendo das mudanças feitas em qualquer versão do DOSBox que o usuário esteja usando. Mas esperamos que isso nos aproxime da flexibilidade total.

Is there any chance of supporting DOSBOX-X in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, leostrife said:

Is there any chance of supporting DOSBOX-X in the future?

You can try just using it as-is; most likely it'll just work. But it depends what you mean by support. As stated above, I don't plan on adding any additional features for one-off versions of DOSBox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay; can you screenshot me your background music folder? All I can figure is that maybe it's caused by file or folder structure.

Sure thing. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Annotation 2019-07-06 083912.png

Annotation 2019-07-06 083939.png

Annotation 2019-07-06 084024.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/07/2019 at 00:46, Jason Carr said:

Você pode tentar apenas usá-lo como está; o mais provável é que funcione. Mas isso depende do que você quer dizer com apoio. Como dito acima, não pretendo adicionar recursos adicionais para versões únicas do DOSBox.

image.thumb.png.c9a3f312375bb2c70d7a16af58cda0b6.pngThere is still the bug of single and double quotation marks in the executable call ... No need to have extra options, just wanted it to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@evansoft I don't see any real differences there between your setup and mine, so I'm baffled. Can you zip up and PM me your LaunchBox\Data folder? That might give me the clue that I need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2019 at 11:11 PM, leostrife said:

image.thumb.png.c9a3f312375bb2c70d7a16af58cda0b6.pngThere is still the bug of single and double quotation marks in the executable call ... No need to have extra options, just wanted it to work.

It's been a while since I looked into this, but I'm pretty sure there's not a bug in the DOSBox launching code. It's been the same for several years. There is a restriction where you can't use a single quote in the path for DOSBox games, but that's a restriction of DOSBox as far as I'm aware, and you should get a warning like this if you try it:

image.png.31a46afeb1bc249cf81a5e174102df67.pngIs that what you're referring to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 6 is out now with the following:

  • Updated translations

  • Improvement: The Add to Playlist menu on right-click in LaunchBox is now restricted to only manually-populated playlists

  • Fixed: LaunchBox was not staying on the list view after a restart for free users (the list view became available for free users when .Next was released)

  • Fixed: The LaunchBox list view was no longer sorting by the Sort Title field when clicking the column headers to sort by a particular column (it just used the Title field from that point)

The plan is to put out the official release tomorrow, assuming all goes well. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

It's been a while since I looked into this, but I'm pretty sure there's not a bug in the DOSBox launching code. It's been the same for several years. There is a restriction where you can't use a single quote in the path for DOSBox games, but that's a restriction of DOSBox as far as I'm aware, and you should get a warning like this if you try it:

image.png.31a46afeb1bc249cf81a5e174102df67.pngIs that what you're referring to?

No, it is an old bug that is necessarily in a modification in Dosbox X for the assembly of the game folders, here is a brief explanation of the problem, which in the case affects the operation of this Build in the Launchbox.
https://github.com/joncampbell123/dosbox-x/issues/770

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, leostrife said:

No, it is an old bug that is necessarily in a modification in Dosbox X for the assembly of the game folders, here is a brief explanation of the problem, which in the case affects the operation of this Build in the Launchbox.
https://github.com/joncampbell123/dosbox-x/issues/770

I have never seen the above, but I just read through it. Back when I initially implemented this particular syntax with DOSBox, I had to implement it that way because DOSBox (not DOSBox-X) requires the single quote syntax. It might have been a glitch with OG DOSBox, but escape sequences did not work, as suggested in the above thread.

I have not tested it, but my guess is that OG DOSBox still does not support the syntax for DOSBox-X. So this is clearly not a bug. I can change it if we can confirm that it's been fixed in OG DOSBox. If not, then I'd have to add custom options for DOSBox-X, which isn't likely to happen any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason - thanks for addressing the auto generated playlists issue I mentioned

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

hi,  when i try to play other version of the games i recive this eror "the requested operation requires elevation"

image.png

Edited by Drodrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...