LaunchBox Community Forums
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwyanwunt

Launchbox removed imported games

42 minutes ago, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwyanwunt said:

i reinstalled the same verison 

OK, well that really does not help since that is the version you say is not working. My advice was to reinstall that last version that was working. That way we can see if the issue goes away.  So, again, I recommend going into your updates folder and finding the installer for the version before this one and run it. It will not erase any data. Then test the game imports. 

41 minutes ago, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwyanwunt said:

i wouldnt have any other program which i wouldnt normally have on none of which ever caused this

That still does not discount something causing an issue. We are trying to help so some help in return is needed. Close down all programs not needed for Launchbox and test the game import. 

What drive is Launchbox located on? Are you running as admin by chance?  @DOS76 mentioned there could be a permissions issue. Have you recently changed anything besides downloading the new update? 

22 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

OK, well that really does not help since that is the version you say is not working. My advice was to reinstall that last version that was working. That way we can see if the issue goes away.  So, again, I recommend going into your updates folder and finding the installer for the version before this one and run it. It will not erase any data. Then test the game imports. 

That still does not discount something causing an issue. We are trying to help so some help in return is needed. Close down all programs not needed for Launchbox and test the game import. 

What drive is Launchbox located on? Are you running as admin by chance?  @DOS76 mentioned there could be a permissions issue. Have you recently changed anything besides downloading the new update? 

launch box is on my boot drive in the desktop in its own folder. im not running it as admin or changed the program, i haven't even used the program recently to be honest.