LaunchBox Community Forums
Omen

"Or" not working as fallback

Posted (edited)

@Jason Carr I'm trying to display Arcade Controls Information while having Platform Banners as a fallback if Arcade Controls Information doesn't exist.

I've tried this but it doesn't work:

Source="{Binding SelectedGame.ArcadeControlsInformationOrPlatform.BannerImagePath}"

If I use Either of the following without "Or" it works:

Source="{Binding SelectedGame.ArcadeControlsInformationImagePath}"
Source="{Binding Platform.BannerImagePath}"

Does the "Or" command work between Platform and SelectedGame image groups, or just the same image group? Like only SelectedGame files can be accessed with "Or"?

Edited by Omen

The "Or" there you're using is not valid syntax at all. I'm guessing you got it from a particular binding that has "Or" in the title, but that is not a flexible thing that you can do.

The best approach to do something like that is the PrioritizedPathSelector control. You can find examples of that in the Unified Redux theme. I think there's also a forum post around here somewhere with more details.

• Like 1

Yeah I found it in a binding that had it. I'll check out the Unified Redux theme for examples, thanks man. :)

• Like 1