LaunchBox Community Forums
Barry1983

having issues with getting Dreamcast to work

Like the title say's having issues with getting it to work. I have scanned the roms downloaded all the meta data and all that. Also I have set up launchbox to use  the flycast core for Dreamcast like this..... Also I have done ctrl and A to select all games and right clicked selected edit and then selected dreamcast and the flycast core in the drop down menus. Do I need any other sort of command lines to get it too work.

pic22.PNG

pic33.PNG

Uncheck the "use file names only" checkbox in your first image.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Uncheck the "use file names only" checkbox in your first image.

Just done that, and tried to launch a game by double clicking on the game picture and still nothing :( 

pic 44.PNG

Edited by Barry1983

1 minute ago, Barry1983 said:

Just done that, and tried to launch a game by double clicking on the game picture and still nothing :( 

Do your games work in Retroarch by itself? Do you have the Bios files? Is your platform called "Sega Dreamcast" in Launchbox as well as the associated platform tab?

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Do your games work in Retroarch by itself? Do you have the Bios files? Is your platform called "Sega Dreamcast" in Launchbox as well as the associated platform tab?

I found out the issue, it was to do with the graphics driver, flycast only seems too like the OPEN GL drivers, Vulcan or any of the Direct X driver cause it too not function.  Anyway I like too thank neil9000 for your help anyway's much appreciated. 

Having same issue. If I open retroarch manually and load core and cdi, the game runs. However I'm unable to launch from launchbox.