Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
zoemorn

sega 32x 7z extract ROM command line parameter?

Recommended Posts

I tried looking around for this but got frustrated not finding anything (cause i'm sure i'm not the first) so will break down and just ask, sorry if its a dupe question.

so i guess my key question is:   is there a command line parameter to tell retroarch for a particular core/platform to extract roms on load vs using the emulator setting check box? 

use case: sega 32x game files are zipped (7z). within Retroarch can browse to the file, into the archive and load the bin.  when opening from LB it just black screens. I presume if i check marked on the emulator settings "extract roms.." then it would work, however i'm guessing thats not preferable to do at the emulator level vs platform.

does this mean that at current state to accomplish being able to only extract roms from archive at a platform level, one has to duplicate retroarch emulator for the particular cases.  

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zoemorn said:

does this mean that at current state to accomplish being able to only extract roms from archive at a platform level, one has to duplicate retroarch emulator for the particular cases

Sort of, but not exactly. If you want retroarch to unzip for some patforms but not for others you will need two retroarch emulators in Launchbox, but you do not need two copies of retroarch. Just create another emulator in Launchbox and call it something like "Retroarch Zip" and point it to your existing retroarch install. Just be sure to check the unzip box, then tell the games in that platform to use that emulator instead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Sort of, but not exactly. If you want retroarch to unzip for some patforms but not for others you will need two retroarch emulators in Launchbox, but you do not need two copies of retroarch. Just create another emulator in Launchbox and call it something like "Retroarch Zip" and point it to your existing retroarch install. Just be sure to check the unzip box, then tell the games in that platform to use that emulator instead.

Well i must be still hitting a hitch somewhere. i've made the variant of retroarch emu in LB, with the checkbox selected for Extract Roms. Still get a black screen opening from LB, but if i open retroarch, and Load the archive from there it plays fine.

I'll keep poking around, welcome direction or troubleshooting tips, thanks!  (and just to point to big picture, i obviously just have them archived to reduce storage footprint, if i should have them as something other than a 7z for this objective, definitely let me know)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zoemorn said:

Well i must be still hitting a hitch somewhere. i've made the variant of retroarch emu in LB, with the checkbox selected for Extract Roms. Still get a black screen opening from LB, but if i open retroarch, and Load the archive from there it plays fine.

I'll keep poking around, welcome direction or troubleshooting tips, thanks!  (and just to point to big picture, i obviously just have them archived to reduce storage footprint, if i should have them as something other than a 7z for this objective, definitely let me know)

What core are you trying to use? Genesisplusgx doesnt work with 32X, you need to use picodrive for that platform. Also there really is no benefit to having files that small compressed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

What core are you trying to use? Genesisplusgx doesnt work with 32X, you need to use picodrive for that platform. Also there really is no benefit to having files that small compressed.

You're totally on it!  I thought i had chosen Pico but in fact had genesisplusgx.. fixed that and it worked fine. And you're also right bout those file sizes, i thought they were bigger (was thinking of sega cd).. o well, after changing the core all is well. thanks  again

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zoemorn said:

You're totally on it!  I thought i had chosen Pico but in fact had genesisplusgx.. fixed that and it worked fine. And you're also right bout those file sizes, i thought they were bigger (was thinking of sega cd).. o well, after changing the core all is well. thanks  again

Cool, glad you got it figured out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...