LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

I am trying to install on a Nvidia Shield al i get is download pending

1 hour ago, Skidda420 said:

Still having issues with Nvidia shield and white screen, have deleted the /android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox folder from the internal storage but still a no go. Uninstalled and reinstalled, S9 is still reading with no issues however.

Did you export games to an android folder from launchbox pc and copy it to the shield? Not sure if you need the games or not but I have my exported folder transferred and it works fine after 0.10 update. 

• Like 1

After deleting the android/data/... directories on both the internal and sdcard, I reinstalled V0.10 on my Galaxy S8 and after the initial white screen freeze, further attempts to start the app seem to work now. I can try this on my Shield tablet later tonight.

Progress!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

After deleting the android/data/... directories on both the internal and sdcard, I reinstalled V0.10 on my Galaxy S8 and after the initial white screen freeze, further attempts to start the app seem to work now. I can try this on my Shield tablet later tonight.

Progress!

Dragon57

have you been able to write to your SD card and not just the phone memory? if so do you need to give ppermissions? I checked the app on my S9 and it has write access to my SD card

It works fine on my phone memory but cant get it to show on my sd card

cheers

Edited by dunnster

7 minutes ago, dunnster said:

Dragon57

have you been able to write to your SD card and not just the phone memory? if so do you need to give ppermissions? I checked the app on my S9 and it has write access to my SD card

It works fine on my phone memory but cant get it to show on my sd card

cheers

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. No, I have not been able to read from my sdcard. Even though the app seems to create the directory on the internal and sdcard after I deleted them, only by moving the directories to the internal have I been able to get it all to work. I am sure this will be addressed.

4 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. No, I have not been able to read from my sdcard. Even though the app seems to create the directory on the internal and sdcard after I deleted them, only by moving the directories to the internal have I been able to get it all to work. I am sure this will be addressed.

Ahh thanks for reply, maybe Im not going mad after all, though I was doing it correctly!!

sure it will come defo 

cheers

• Haha 1

Getting Unexpected Error when trying to install it from The Google Play Store.  Using my PC via Chrome to send to Nvidia Shield TV as it's not listed in Google Play directly on my Shield.  The option to install isn't grayed out so I should be able to install directly from there instead of having to sideload.  Any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.8ab4eb9fb66133bfbd17fe10ec168a15.png

This may be a dumb question but does the "export to Android" option only appear in BigBox? I have the latest Launchbox for PC and trying to figure out how to export for Android but cannot see the option. I'm REALLY hoping the Android version will not require a PC in the future. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, steliokantos said:

This may be a dumb question but does the "export to Android" option only appear in BigBox? I have the latest Launchbox for PC and trying to figure out how to export for Android but cannot see the option. I'm REALLY hoping the Android version will not require a PC in the future. Thank you. 

you need to install the latest beta version (and no doesnt need big box) cheers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steliokantos said:

Thank you dunnster! 

Your welcome, I had the same issue at first also 😀

• Like 1

So I have to ask, where to get the latest beta? I get 9.10 when I download for PC with the email address. 

1 minute ago, steliokantos said:

So I have to ask, where to get the latest beta? I get 9.10 when I download for PC with the email address. 

Enable them in Tools/Options/Updates.

• Like 1

Just now, steliokantos said:

into settings and enable in there on the front page of launchbox    tools- options- legacy - check beta

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Thank you. Sorry ofr being a n00b. lol First time user here and only bought the Android version because I had seen ETA show off the PC version before. Thanks again! 

neil9000  are you aware of being able to write to sd card yet? or still to be implemented?

cheers

Thought i'd leave a comment, as i couldn't get any of the games to launch after clicking the boxart, it would just quit back to the shield launcher, I have a ssd set to internal storage, and my retroarch was using my ssd's shared storage, moving retroarch back into the shield's internal storage fixed the problem.

I finally got this working last night here is what I had to do. 1st it installed the application to my internal storage then I went into the phones settings and moved the application to my SD card. At that point I did a export from my PC and exported to my SD card, but every time I opened the app it did not show any platforms despite me being able to see them when I browsed to that folder on the SD. So I went poking around in the internal storage and found that there was some files including a license a few other files that were present there but not on the SD card after moving those files to the SD card and reopening the application I could now see my platforms and launch games using RA. Hopefully this will help out anyone else trying to run it from a SD card.