LaunchBox Community Forums

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@johnsanc Done.    1)   During the Import process (by either Copy AND Import or Import Only), all games (new and existing) will be set as "Broken" [Broken=true] in LaunchBox if the game status of

I like clicking.  And besides, I was pretty dang excited just to figure out where your hash files are! lol Actually, when I 1st started the project, I did have it "remember" the hash folder and s

@mcfilmmakers Turns out all the proper checks were there.  I just needed to 'continue' my loops instead of 'return' them.  That's what you call a rookie mistake.  So the JoeViking-logic was good.  Jus

Posted Images

Wow, I've being playing with this plugin latest days and it's impressive. Mame software lists for japanese computers are complete enough and much easier to add than fighting with Tosec sets (less complete) or Neo Kobe (manual organizing needed).

I have a small request: list of XMLs on "select a computer/console to import" screen are not alphabetically ordered, so it's quite difficult to select the system.

I have also a problem but probably more Launchbox related: when selecting all games after import and running "Download Metadata and Media" wizard, games that are not in the Launchbox database are forced to match to any similar game ID, so the name and ID is wrongly changed as a duplicate.

Edit: sometimes when adding the alternative versions as additional applications, this message is shown, don't know if the proccess finishes ok or aborts.

mamesl_error.png

Edited by mgtroyas
32 minutes ago, mgtroyas said:

Wow, I've being playing with this plugin latest days and it's impressive. Mame software lists for japanese computers are complete enough and much easier to add than fighting with Tosec sets (less complete) or Neo Kobe (manual organizing needed).

I have a small request: list of XMLs on "select a computer/console to import" screen are not alphabetically ordered, so it's quite difficult to select the system.

I have also a problem but probably more Launchbox related: when selecting all games after import and running "Download Metadata and Media" wizard, games that are not in the Launchbox database are forced to match to any similar game ID, so the name and ID is wrongly changed as a duplicate.

It's an amazing plugin. Literally the only thing missing is some way to ONLY import games and skip all applications. Manually removing all the apps from these computer systems is a pain.

1 hour ago, mgtroyas said:

Thank you so much for the kind words!!  The odd thing about this request is that I've never seen the list NOT be sorted.  Guess I just got lucky.  :D  I will get that resolved for the next update.

1 hour ago, mgtroyas said:

Ya, definitely out of my hands.   If you haven't already, try using the 2nd option when Downloading.

image.thumb.png.0a43359d0f8db4297f0efa778476e6bb.png

Selecting this won't replace the games Title.  Then as far as which game ID it associates to, I've no idea how close the Title has to match to the database to get selected. 

2 hours ago, mgtroyas said:

Edit: sometimes when adding the alternative versions as additional applications, this message is shown, don't know if the proccess finishes ok or aborts.

That message box was put there for testing purposes and never got removed.  Click OK (Aceptar) and the process will finish.  (I'll fix that too.😊)

For what it's worth, that message is saying you're updating that particular softlist (FM-7) and MAME has renamed an existing games' Title.  Same rom file_name.zip, revised Title.

1 hour ago, SiriusVI said:

It's an amazing plugin. Literally the only thing missing is some way to ONLY import games and skip all applications. Manually removing all the apps from these computer systems is a pain.

Thanks!!  Ya, this has definitely been looked into.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to exist any filters nor categories for softlists like there are for Arcade Machines.

But if you do happen to come across something like this for softlsits, please let me know.  And you right, it would round out the plugin quite nicely. :) 

@mgtroyas I've posted an update on the plugins main download page to (hopefully) fix the list sorting and (for sure) the popup message(s).

Please let me if the "Select a Computer/Console to Import" list still isn't sorting correctly for you.

As always, to you and everyone else, thank you for your feedback and suggestions!

5 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

Until some time ago I also cared a lot about what to import, but I've come to value the "order by star rating" as the best Launchbox feature. The most known titles are always shown on the top, on the stars categories, and the not so known ones and the software and other secondary entries are left on the bottom, on the "not rated" category. So I'm always welcomed by the most likely interesting titles, and I can browse the "not rated" category whenever I want to look for hidden gems or rank the titles I know but haven't been rated yet.

I also select "one" or "two stars" as minimum instead of the five by default, so much more games are rated. If I see an odd rating I rate it myself, so I correct it. And thanks to many users doing so, every day more games are rated. Don't forget to download users rating every month or so, as it's not updated automatically!

4 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

If you haven't already, try using the 2nd option when Downloading.

image.thumb.png.0a43359d0f8db4297f0efa778476e6bb.png

Selecting this won't replace the games Title.  Then as far as which game ID it associates to, I've no idea how close the Title has to match to the database to get selected. 

You are right, I usually also choose the second option, but with your imports I thought "well, it's all blank, doesn't matter" and choose the first one. Seems it may have an impact, I'll test further.

2 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

@mgtroyas I've posted an update on the plugins main download page to (hopefully) fix the list sorting and (for sure) the popup message(s).

Please let me if the "Select a Computer/Console to Import" list still isn't sorting correctly for you.

As always, to you and everyone else, thank you for your feedback and suggestions!

XMLs are now sorted and no popups on importing! Thank you very much!

Just looking for perfection, there's a a detail about multiple versions as additional applications: they're not recognized as multiple versions, and so badges (pink stack icon) are not shown, so there's no visual way to know that game has alternative versions. I've found out what's needed:

- The "version" (i.e. "(Alt1)") must be filled in the "Version" field on the Metadata section of the main application and all the additional application.

- In case there's only one additional version, you need to create also an additional application for that main version. If not, launchbox thinks there's only one version and doesn't show the badge.

badges.png

versions.png

Edited by mgtroyas