Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme


viking

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, viking said:

OK.
I hear that v4 is the most "classic" of the 3. But what if I add more "Colorful Background"? It remains classic in its design, but it seems consistent to me!

TextGamesView_v4.thumb.jpg.4dea8c32e1985c866070fe5951b8e439.jpgApple-TV-Shot-1.thumb.jpg.22ab07772db2bec2a7ce909972c870dd.jpg

I like 4.2 better than 4. It would probably handle weird box shapes better. Red year is a nice touch.

Edited by clockw3rk
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly am torn between v4 and v4.2? I love the contrast of v4. Maybe in v4.2 if the red space is increased a little bit along the x axis? As it goes just a tiny bit beyond the midpoint, it might look a bit better closer to 2/3 of the way along the x-axis cause it's all red? (The effect is less visible in v4 cause of the white contrast on the left).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm honestly still stuck between v1 and v4.2. V1 is great, but I feel like the elements aren't large enough. If it filled more page space, it might be the best. The concept of the white selection highlight extending from the white area on the right is a great design, and it seems even cleaner/simpler than v4.2

Edited by clockw3rk
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@viking Your updates from the last few pages are the fricking amazing. You are knocking this out of the park and improving your theme by a country mile! I love it all!!!!! But dude, you HAVE to include a view like what I attached. I just did a quick dirty mock up with my game boy box art and cart art to show you how good it looks! I hope you consider making this a view!!! (Since you said you may not make this view)

colorful example.png

  • Like 2
  • Game On 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A BIG thank you to everyone for your feedback.
I will therefore go on v4.2 for the moment. We will see what I can do on code side.

 

9 hours ago, ABeezy13 said:

@viking Your updates from the last few pages are the fricking amazing. You are knocking this out of the park and improving your theme by a country mile! I love it all!!!!! But dude, you HAVE to include a view like what I attached. I just did a quick dirty mock up with my game boy box art and cart art to show you how good it looks! I hope you consider making this a view!!! (Since you said you may not make this view)

colorful example.png

Yes, this view is well planned. BUT I have a big doubt about its feasibility on the code side.
I will try, with no guarantee of succeeding.

The difficulty will be to set up an animation structure that works regardless of the height/width ratio of the images. And it's not nothing. There is so much variety that it gets complicated!

 

I have already started working the HorizontalWheel1GamesView view.
But stupid thing ... I can not have the selected item larger than the others... it begins well ! :ph34r:
LIGHT_HorizontalWheel1GamesView.thumb.jpg.1e1a501bcae3d8b45e07e563d0ad8d77.jpg

Edited by viking
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, viking said:

I have already started working the HorizontalWheel1GamesView view.
But stupid thing ... I can not have the selected item larger than the others... it begins well ! :ph34r:

That's so strange? Are you using the Property SelectedItemZPosition in the CoverFlow? It has to have a relatively larger value than ItemZPosition like below relative to CameraZPosition? And it's still not working?

CameraZPosition="2" ItemZPosition="2" SelectedItemZPosition="2.5"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I've posted this thread in the troubleshoot subforum, but unfortunately, nobody replied, yet:
 

 

I wanted to bring this issue up here, since it concerns my experiences with severe lag / slowdown when using COLORFUL in BigBox. @viking, do you have any idea what could be causing this behavior?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Could you tell me where I can change the transition timeouts please? When I'm scrolling through games/platforms and I stop scrolling it almost immediately switches to currently selected item theme. I'd either like to make that longer as It's too quick or turn it off until a key is pressed?

 

Cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, reeca said:

Could you tell me where I can change the transition timeouts please? When I'm scrolling through games/platforms and I stop scrolling it almost immediately switches to currently selected item theme. I'd either like to make that longer as It's too quick or turn it off until a key is pressed?

 

Cheers.

The setting you're looking for is not placed at Transitions menu. You'll probably find it at Views menu. Choose if you want to apply that change for all your themes from BigBox options, or for an specific theme instead, from, of course, Specific Theme Options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...