LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

10.2-beta-1 Released

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Wow, I have never heard of the Back button on controllers causing crashes for Big Box. Are you sure you don't have it mapped that way somehow, either with a controller mapping in Big Box or an external application?

It sounds like there's something wonky going on somewhere. By now with all the beta testing we've done, I'm pretty certain those controller issues are unique one-off issues.

It might help to know if you see those same issues in 10.1.

100% sure.

Win7u

Backing out with controller doesn't crash BB in 10.1 and doesn't seem to be any controller connection issues either. The horizontal scrolling issue with the delay is still there though.

Edited by Android16

1 hour ago, Android16 said:

100% sure.

Win7u

Backing out with controller doesn't crash BB in 10.1 and doesn't seem to be any controller connection issues either. The horizontal scrolling issue with the delay is still there though.

Have you checked your controller mappings to make sure that nothing is bound to Exit?

Okay so the KEGA Fusion issue is still going as far as the Pause Menu and coming back shades of green..even after doing what @Jason Carr & @neil9000 both recommended. Thing is I found out what seems to kinda help is when you come back from the already cropped to the upper-left cornered Pause Menu is to just switch between ALT+1 or ALT+2 for Normal or Double and things will look back to normal. Not sure why this seems to be the only way around this for now on my end though.

I kinda hate being somewhat late in testing the Pause Menus for each Emulator I have..but was waiting until I could be able to do it all via the Guide/Home button. Not sure if that one thread for testing the Pause Menu per each Emulator is dead or not..but would like to maybe add some more input since maybe this thread isn't exactly proper to keep mentioning these types of errors I'm coming across as far as that goes

1 minute ago, RULLUR said:

Okay so the KEGA Fusion issue is still going as far as the Pause Menu and coming back shades of green..even after doing what @Jason Carr & @neil9000 both recommended. Thing is I found out what seems to kinda help is when you come back from the already cropped to the upper-left cornered Pause Menu is to just switch between ALT+1 or ALT+2 for Normal or Double and things will look back to normal. Not sure why this seems to be the only way around this for now on my end though.

I kinda hate being somewhat late in testing the Pause Menus for each Emulator I have..but was waiting until I could be able to do it all via the Guide/Home button. Not sure if that one thread for testing the Pause Menu per each Emulator is dead or not..but would like to maybe add some more input since maybe this thread isn't exactly proper to keep mentioning these types of errors I'm coming across as far as that goes

To be honest it will probably be a while before I get back to making any changes or fixes to the pause screens. As I've stated before, both pause and startup screens are finicky at best, due to the fact that you literally have to fight against Windows to implement them, which is why I held off from tackling them for years. There are compatibility issues with the pause screens for sure, but they are working better than I even thought would be possible at first, so I'm happy with them currently as they stand. Feel free to report issues, but honestly I won't be making any changes to them for quite a while.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Have you checked your controller mappings to make sure that nothing is bound to Exit?

Bindings are default. I havent touched controller bindings. But if a button was bound to exit, it would exit on any version.

21 minutes ago, Android16 said:

Bindings are default. I havent touched controller bindings. But if a button was bound to exit, it would exit on any version.

No, it wouldn't, because bindings were completely overhauled and use different data in the new version. Can you please just check your bindings?

Okay, went back to the newest version. The update did make (circle)(button 2) the exit button. Because I didn't touch mappings xD. But I couldn't test after clearing that field out because the controller stopped working for bb again :P

Edited by Android16

@Jason Carr My Xbox Guide doesn't work on launchbox, I disabled guide on Games app, disable gamebar, closes steam and xbox app... but the PS4 guide works!

17 minutes ago, sagaopc said:

@Jason Carr My Xbox Guide doesn't work on launchbox, I disabled guide on Games app, disable gamebar, closes steam and xbox app... but the PS4 guide works!

Most likely there's an app conflicting or something. There are a lot of things that can try and hijack that guide button, so try closing down any other running apps.

18 minutes ago, sagaopc said:

I have about the same issue..and I wondered how the XBOX App would be like about that as well even though I've yet to try it. I do know I'm unable to map my Afterglow Controllers through LaunchBox..so because of that I can't use Home/Guide if I play straight from LaunchBox. I can map things through BigBox..so then I can map out even use the Home/Guide button only in that way.

@RULLUR Pause works in Kega Fusion you just need to set Window Size and Resolution to something that works. What settings are you using for those? I notice if you set resolution to something far below your actual monitor you get the issue you mention. @Jason Carr I believe this was mentioned in the Great Emulator testing thread. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@RULLUR Pause works in Kega Fusion you just need to set Window Size and Resolution to something that works. What settings are you using for those? I notice if you set resolution to something far below your actual monitor you get the issue you mention. @Jason Carr I believe this was mentioned in the Great Emulator testing thread. 

My Screen is 1366x768..but I thought I once remembered getting the resolution to change even though it's been about forever since I last messed with any of it until today. All I see is things under the Video tab now instead of a place to actually set the resolution size which I guess once was used in a different version. I've always kept it as "Double (Default)" though.

Edited by RULLUR

1 minute ago, RULLUR said:

My Screen is 1366x768..but I thought I once remembered getting the resolution to change even though it's been about forever since I last messed with any of it until today. All I see is things under the Video tab now instead of a place to actually set the resolution size which I guess once was used in a different version. I've always kept it as "Double (Default)" though

What version are you using? 

14 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

What version are you using? 

Edited by RULLUR

2 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Same version here. The options are there under video. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 8.45.03 PM.png

4 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

image.thumb.png.24090aadcec0d90359a23a5be92ec86b.pngNot on mine for some odd reason

Did you look at the compatibility tab at all?

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Did you look at the compatibility tab at all?

Yeah..I checked everything you recommended. I'm a little weirded out right now that mine doesn't have all the features I remember as seen with @Retro808's though. Not sure what made this happen..but it would help so much if mine looked that way. I don't even remember where I got this version either

New Volume + and - in game  = slowdown retroarch (d3d12, final burn)  

Please ad option volume in game and only in big box (no in game) 

Edited by dov_EL

If we use the volume from the keyboard, everything works correctly without slowing down. So it's big box that creates conflict with retroarch when we try to increase or decrease the volume in game

Edited by dov_EL