LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

10.2-beta-1 Released

10 hours ago, dov_EL said:

If we use the volume from the keyboard, everything works correctly without slowing down. So it's big box that creates conflict with retroarch when we try to increase or decrease the volume in game

When you say that..it reminded me of something I noticed a few days ago. My Startup for BigBox is like 9Mins long since I have like 60,000 games on a i3 with 8gb memory to be loaded up which may take a while to get ready. Sometimes the video stops before it's over because it finished loading up..but other times it plays all the way and still having me wait for everything to be done. Thing is I guess it's not exactly that way because once I adjust the volume while I wait is when things seemed to be ready in like 2secs or so. Not sure if @Jason Carr is aware of things like this or not..but I at first thought it was a random fluke kinda thing.

1 hour ago, dov_EL said:

In the LaunchBox settings (bigBox) it is possible to use 2 buttons in combo for the function) hold + button 1 or 2 etc), in retroarch the volume can be set with a single function key and not with the combo.

If you reread my post I let you know how you can make it work. Its right below how to do it in RA. Just use your buttons you have set in BigBox.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

@dov_EL You set the hotkey. That is the hold key, then you set volume up and then volume down. 1 key each. 

For example in launchbox I set button 6 (select) and button 8 (right bumper) as my combo for volume up (volume down is 6 + 7). So in RA I set button 6 as the Hotkey (the hold key), then button 8 and volume up and button 7 as volume down. 

8 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

If you reread my posts I let you know how you can make it work. Its right below how to do it in RA. Just use your buttons you have set in BigBox

Where do you find the HOLD in RA option? What version of RA do you use?

On 9/25/2019 at 7:25 PM, Jason Carr said:

I've looked into this several times before, and I've never been able to replicate it. Can you test to see if it has anything to do with the Region of the image?

The image is just in the root launchbox/images/platform/screenshot - gameplay folder, not one of the region subfolders. It's happening for a few of my games - the screenshot is there and correctly labelled when you go to edit game, but it doesn't show in the game details pane. The funny thing is, the "Screenshots" heading is in the game details pane, but there's nothing below it. 

12 minutes ago, dov_EL said:

Where do you find the HOLD in RA option? What version of RA do you use?

Its is right in my post. It is called Hotkey. That is the one I told you to bind as the hold. 

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

Its is right in my post. It is called Hotkey. That is the one I told you to bind as the hold. 

thankyou

So it's been a pretty crazy past couple of days. I just put out 10.5-beta-2, which appears to fix an issue where controllers weren't working for Windows 7 users, because Windows 7 apparently does not support XInput 1.4 at all. So I'm now reverting to XInput 1.3 in that case.

Any testing you all can do with 10.5-beta-2 would be appreciated.

I am running LB 10.5 with beta updates turn on, I get nothing about any betas to download.

Also, has anyone gotten ds4windows to work with PS4 controller yet???

3 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

I am running LB 10.5 with beta updates turn on, I get nothing about any betas to download.

Also, has anyone gotten ds4windows to work with PS4 controller yet???

DS4Windows is working well, yes. There aren't currently any betas out. The 10.5 release is the latest release.

11 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Not quite sure what you mean. 

In 10.5 same problem 

@Jason Carr

Edited by dov_EL

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

DS4Windows is working well, yes. There aren't currently any betas out. The 10.5 release is the latest release.

@Jason Carr: I know you are being swamped with the controller issues, can you tell me what version of ds4w you are testing with?

5 hours ago, dov_EL said:

In 10.5 same problem 

@Jason Carr

I dont believe there was a fix in 10.5 beta 2 for the Retroarch issue. The fix was for a Win7 Xinput concern.

12 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

So it's been a pretty crazy past couple of days. I just put out 10.5-beta-2, which appears to fix an issue where controllers weren't working for Windows 7 users, because Windows 7 apparently does not support XInput 1.4 at all. So I'm now reverting to XInput 1.3 in that case.

Anyone have any idea why my default images aren't showing correctly? I just noticed this issue, so not sure when it started happening. The images with the yellow squares around them should show the default 3D box like the image with the pointer.
image.thumb.png.efaf49068a8b29f7ebd9b8db2667e1a1.png

13 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

not even realised anything between 10.1 to 10.4

39 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Anyone have any idea why my default images aren't showing correctly? I just noticed this issue, so not sure when it started happening. The images with the yellow squares around them should show the default 3D box like the image with the pointer.

Refreshing the image cache for those games did not help? Just tested on a couple platforms as I have not really added default images and everything worked fine. 

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Refreshing the image cache for those games did not help? Just tested on a couple platforms as I have not really added default images and everything worked fine. 

Nope, I tried refreshing the image cache, existing LB, then nuking the entire cache directory so it would be rebuilt. I have discovered it isn't just my Vectrex platform that shows the issue. A few others do too. I have checked the settings under Tools/Manage Platforms, and all the default images are identified and set correctly. I'm stumped.

31 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Nope, I tried refreshing the image cache, existing LB, then nuking the entire cache directory so it would be rebuilt. I have discovered it isn't just my Vectrex platform that shows the issue. A few others do too. I have checked the settings under Tools/Manage Platforms, and all the default images are identified and set correctly. I'm stumped.

Could it be an image priority setting? Perhaps youve set box front as an option under priorities for 3d box.

27 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Could it be an image priority setting? Perhaps youve set box front as an option under priorities for 3d box.

Well, I seem to have found a work-around. For the platforms that show the wrong images, if I uncheck every option for Box Front, or Box 3D, etc., then tell LB to refresh all images, my defaults show up correctly. I can then go back and re-check all the multiple image types under options that I had before and the correct images continue to show, even after another refresh all. Very strange.

I'm using a wired xbox controller in Windows 10 and I have switched off the controller game bar setting linked to the central silver button on the controller (to avoid conflicts).  I was hoping to bind it to the pause screen.  But it doesn't appear to be recognised by Launchbox or BigBox.  Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated.