LaunchBox Community Forums

I have a question. 

we can use the theme creator to make specific views for platforms, based on the default view.

but is it dependent on the fact that the user uses the exact name of the platform ? I'm working with CMOSS on the CoinOPS Redux, and i Noticed that his platform specific views were not showing up when I downloaded his Community theme creator project.

instead of an "equals"  the look up could be "like" or "Contains" but that could negativly influance performance perhaps ? maybe the theme builder could provide alternate names for a system ? 

8 hours ago, Klopjero said:

I have a question. 

we can use the theme creator to make specific views for platforms, based on the default view.

but is it dependent on the fact that the user uses the exact name of the platform ? I'm working with CMOSS on the CoinOPS Redux, and i Noticed that his platform specific views were not showing up when I downloaded his Community theme creator project.

instead of an "equals"  the look up could be "like" or "Contains" but that could negativly influance performance perhaps ? maybe the theme builder could provide alternate names for a system ? 

I suggest the platforms should be renamed to conform with the launchbox preferred naming standards, having platforms named differently will prevent platform specific images and videos from being displayed.

to ensure the correct platform naming convention is to be used i suggest clicking the main menu, utilities then build fake rom list (from the community theme creator)

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

I suggest the platforms should be renamed to conform with the launchbox preferred naming standards, having platforms named differently will prevent platform specific images and videos from being displayed.

to ensure the correct platform naming convention is to be used i suggest clicking the main menu, utilities then build fake rom list (from the community theme 

The scrape as feature got us covered for that right? 

I’m the wrong person to ask, you could ask the question in the main forum

Hi @y2guru

I have come across a small bug, I think: the platform nested name is not being updated, when browsing through the playlists, unless I edit the view.  A small video with the issue:

The background image depends on the platform nested name. For CPS3 is the Street Fighter image, for CPS is the Dinosaur image. The dinosaur image gets set correctly not when changing the playlist, but when editing the view.

Best regards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @y2guru

I have come across a small bug, I think: the platform nested name is not being updated, when browsing through the playlists, unless I edit the view.  A small video with the issue:

The background image depends on the platform nested name. For CPS3 is the Street Fighter image, for CPS is the Dinosaur image. The dinosaur image gets set correctly not when changing the playlist, but when editing the view.

Best regards.

yep, I'm aware of that particular issue

On 6/13/2020 at 3:56 PM, y2guru said:

its relatively easy, not a 5 minute job though. i'll add it to my list 

Did the option to enable box flipping ever get implemented? I have a dedicated key set to flip the game box but it's not working by default with any theme I make myself with this tool.

I have not looked at the box flipping option yet, working on higher priority changes

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the response, your tool is very helpful. I'm also wondering if one is able to edit the default loading screen with it?

I have a question about skewing I have this 
image.thumb.png.c989229401e6ea07b4ea583e38082c00.png
And I would like to the perspective of the video to tilted in such a way that it would fit in my video frame/pinball cabinet frame. 

• Like 2

Pardon my ignorance. I've come across an issue with a platform I have which contains an "/" in the platform name. Launchbox recognizes "_" as a wildcard for the platform name; this is how I can get clear logos, etc to work with the platform.

However, the BigBox Theme Creator doesn't appear to recognize my images with the "_" in place of the "/".

Example:
Launchbox platform name: Atari 400/800
Launchbox image folder: Atari 400_800 <- all images display in Launchbox just fine
Bigbox Theme creator: Atari 400_800.png <- image not found

Does the theme creator use a different wildcard character?

On 9/19/2020 at 9:07 PM, mcfilmmakers said:

Pardon my ignorance. I've come across an issue with a platform I have which contains an "/" in the platform name. Launchbox recognizes "_" as a wildcard for the platform name; this is how I can get clear logos, etc to work with the platform.

However, the BigBox Theme Creator doesn't appear to recognize my images with the "_" in place of the "/".

Example:
Launchbox platform name: Atari 400/800
Launchbox image folder: Atari 400_800 <- all images display in Launchbox just fine
Bigbox Theme creator: Atari 400_800.png <- image not found

Does the theme creator use a different wildcard character?

ill note this as something i need to look into, its possible im not translating / to _, but also be aware that atari 400/800 is not a valid platform

4 hours ago, Klopjero said:

are you planning on adding support for startup themes ?

+1 on that idea. Just hoping though :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bundangdon said:

+1 on that idea. Just hoping though :)

if startup themes support plugins then i can support it

Edited by y2guru
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, y2guru said:

That would be fantastic! I believe the startup themes use the same coding (with plugins) as the BigBox themes. @Jason Carr can you confirm this?

Edited by bundangdon

13 hours ago, y2guru said:

Just a quick update. I've noticed in the startup themes I've downloaded, there are no "plugins" folders, although it uses the same .xaml language which is used to code themes. Would not having a "plugins" capability be a deal breaker? 

Just now, bundangdon said:

Just a quick update. I've noticed in the startup themes I've downloaded, there are no "plugins" folders, although it uses the same .xaml language which is used to code themes. Would not having a "plugins" capability be a deal breaker? 

The theme creator relies heavily on its own plugin as the plugin is responsible for scaling UI elements based on the users resolution.

so yes it would be a dealbreaker if startup themes do not support plugins.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, y2guru said:

The theme creator relies heavily on its own plugin as the plugin is responsible for scaling UI elements based on the users resolution.

so yes it would be a dealbreaker if startup themes do not support plugins.

Bummer, but totally understandable. Was hoping for an easier solution since I've tried playing around with the code used in the startup themes. It's not that simple to move and scale items, especially with my lack of coding ability, so I gave up after a while.