Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

I have a question. 

we can use the theme creator to make specific views for platforms, based on the default view.

but is it dependent on the fact that the user uses the exact name of the platform ? I'm working with CMOSS on the CoinOPS Redux, and i Noticed that his platform specific views were not showing up when I downloaded his Community theme creator project.

instead of an "equals"  the look up could be "like" or "Contains" but that could negativly influance performance perhaps ? maybe the theme builder could provide alternate names for a system ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Community Theme Creator for BigBox View File The Community Theme Creator for BigBox is still in development and should be treated as an Alpha build, however it ha

You can also click @y2guru s name and use the follow function

yes they will.  parenting will include new UI Elements:- Grid, Border, DockPanel and StackPanel, which have special properties

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Klopjero said:

I have a question. 

we can use the theme creator to make specific views for platforms, based on the default view.

but is it dependent on the fact that the user uses the exact name of the platform ? I'm working with CMOSS on the CoinOPS Redux, and i Noticed that his platform specific views were not showing up when I downloaded his Community theme creator project.

instead of an "equals"  the look up could be "like" or "Contains" but that could negativly influance performance perhaps ? maybe the theme builder could provide alternate names for a system ? 

I suggest the platforms should be renamed to conform with the launchbox preferred naming standards, having platforms named differently will prevent platform specific images and videos from being displayed.

to ensure the correct platform naming convention is to be used i suggest clicking the main menu, utilities then build fake rom list (from the community theme creator)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, y2guru said:

I suggest the platforms should be renamed to conform with the launchbox preferred naming standards, having platforms named differently will prevent platform specific images and videos from being displayed.

to ensure the correct platform naming convention is to be used i suggest clicking the main menu, utilities then build fake rom list (from the community theme 

The scrape as feature got us covered for that right? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @y2guru

I have come across a small bug, I think: the platform nested name is not being updated, when browsing through the playlists, unless I edit the view.  A small video with the issue:

The background image depends on the platform nested name. For CPS3 is the Street Fighter image, for CPS is the Dinosaur image. The dinosaur image gets set correctly not when changing the playlist, but when editing the view.

Best regards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @y2guru

I have come across a small bug, I think: the platform nested name is not being updated, when browsing through the playlists, unless I edit the view.  A small video with the issue:

 

The background image depends on the platform nested name. For CPS3 is the Street Fighter image, for CPS is the Dinosaur image. The dinosaur image gets set correctly not when changing the playlist, but when editing the view.

Best regards.

yep, I'm aware of that particular issue

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 3:56 PM, y2guru said:

its relatively easy, not a 5 minute job though. i'll add it to my list 

Did the option to enable box flipping ever get implemented? I have a dedicated key set to flip the game box but it's not working by default with any theme I make myself with this tool.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pardon my ignorance. I've come across an issue with a platform I have which contains an "/" in the platform name. Launchbox recognizes "_" as a wildcard for the platform name; this is how I can get clear logos, etc to work with the platform.

However, the BigBox Theme Creator doesn't appear to recognize my images with the "_" in place of the "/".

Example:
Launchbox platform name: Atari 400/800
Launchbox image folder: Atari 400_800 <- all images display in Launchbox just fine
Bigbox Theme creator: Atari 400_800.png <- image not found


Does the theme creator use a different wildcard character?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2020 at 9:07 PM, mcfilmmakers said:

Pardon my ignorance. I've come across an issue with a platform I have which contains an "/" in the platform name. Launchbox recognizes "_" as a wildcard for the platform name; this is how I can get clear logos, etc to work with the platform.

However, the BigBox Theme Creator doesn't appear to recognize my images with the "_" in place of the "/".

Example:
Launchbox platform name: Atari 400/800
Launchbox image folder: Atari 400_800 <- all images display in Launchbox just fine
Bigbox Theme creator: Atari 400_800.png <- image not found


Does the theme creator use a different wildcard character?

ill note this as something i need to look into, its possible im not translating / to _, but also be aware that atari 400/800 is not a valid platform

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, y2guru said:

if startup themes support plugins then i can support it

Just a quick update. I've noticed in the startup themes I've downloaded, there are no "plugins" folders, although it uses the same .xaml language which is used to code themes. Would not having a "plugins" capability be a deal breaker? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bundangdon said:

Just a quick update. I've noticed in the startup themes I've downloaded, there are no "plugins" folders, although it uses the same .xaml language which is used to code themes. Would not having a "plugins" capability be a deal breaker? 

The theme creator relies heavily on its own plugin as the plugin is responsible for scaling UI elements based on the users resolution.

so yes it would be a dealbreaker if startup themes do not support plugins.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, y2guru said:

The theme creator relies heavily on its own plugin as the plugin is responsible for scaling UI elements based on the users resolution.

so yes it would be a dealbreaker if startup themes do not support plugins.

 

Bummer, but totally understandable. Was hoping for an easier solution since I've tried playing around with the code used in the startup themes. It's not that simple to move and scale items, especially with my lack of coding ability, so I gave up after a while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...