LaunchBox Community Forums

@y2guru any luck with the double video playback ?  @CMOSS are kinda tweaking out CionOps Theme and were hoping you might fix it ? all in good time ofcourse :)

5 hours ago, Klopjero said:

@y2guru any luck with the double video playback ?  @CMOSS are kinda tweaking out CionOps Theme and were hoping you might fix it ? all in good time ofcourse :)

The double video playback (of a selected platform or game) is based on Jason making a change to bigbox in order to allow the video’s audio to be muted,  you don’t wanna play 2 videos with both playing audio

• Like 1

Hello Again!

I'm looking to add the genre/esrb/play mode images to a view. I can't seem to find them anywhere in the launchbox folder. What images are used for this function? I can add the text just fine, but would like to use the images.

Thanks.

@y2guru I'm trying to update the scrolling text in my theme and I can't get it to scroll smoothly.  can you add the ability to have it loop the text . right now i'm using a GIF to pull off the effect but I wanted to get away from it to make updating the wording easier. Plus I have a few ideas for a new theme using the feature

10 minutes ago, necroticart said:

@y2guru I'm trying to update the scrolling text in my theme and I can't get it to scroll smoothly.  can you add the ability to have it loop the text . right now i'm using a GIF to pull off the effect but I wanted to get away from it to make updating the wording easier. Plus I have a few ideas for a new theme using the feature

Try adjusting the speed, I’m not aware of the scroll function not scrolling smoothly.  As for looping, not sure when I can get to that as I’m working on higher priorities right now

@Surfdeign The images you can make yourself and add to your media folder within your theme folder...

Capture.thumb.PNG.c1056119fd0688b6fdfb032cb561c1cc.PNG

If you take a look at some of the themes in the download section there are some of the Community Theme Creator Projects you can download and see how they are made, here is the one for Chrome Metal - Theme Project ...

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2585-chrome-metal/

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

Try adjusting the speed, I’m not aware of the scroll function not scrolling smoothly.  As for looping, not sure when I can get to that as I’m working on higher priorities right now

Thanks for the reply I will use the gif until you get around to it btw keep up the great work. looking forward to the next update. 

On 9/20/2020 at 10:53 PM, y2guru said:

ill note this as something i need to look into, its possible im not translating / to _, but also be aware that atari 400/800 is not a valid platform

In case this hasn't been addressed yet in your workflow, I want to point out some other platforms I've noticed in Mame that carry the /:

Commodore Plus/4
IBM Personal Computer/AT (not to be confused with IBM Personal Computer which is a separate platform)
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A
Tomy Tutor/Pyuuta

By no stretch of the imagination, I recognize that they're not common platforms, I get that.

Anyway, thank you as always for you work!

On 11/18/2020 at 11:37 AM, mcfilmmakers said:

In case this hasn't been addressed yet in your workflow, I want to point out some other platforms I've noticed in Mame that carry the /:

Commodore Plus/4
IBM Personal Computer/AT (not to be confused with IBM Personal Computer which is a separate platform)
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A
Tomy Tutor/Pyuuta

By no stretch of the imagination, I recognize that they're not common platforms, I get that.

Anyway, thank you as always for you work!

Please check your platform folders within the launch box folder, they should be named with an underscore in place of the slash, please confirm

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

Please check your platform folders within the launch box folder, they should be named with an underscore in place of the slash, please confirm

They are indeed. So are all the videos and images.

The issue is specifically when I want to use custom images in my theme. ex: ../Theme Creator/My Theme Projects/Custom Theme/New Theme/Media/platform_name.png

In theme creator if I set it to use an image per theme name, it isn't recognizing images where _ is replacing /

So if platform name is Commodore Plus/4, theme creator isn't finding the image called Commodore Plus_4.png but if the platform is called Commodore 64 it does find Commodore 64.png

However, if I am using images like clear logo or disk, they are found properly so it is an issue just with custom image paths.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

9 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

They are indeed. So are all the videos and images.

The issue is specifically when I want to use custom images in my theme. ex: ../Theme Creator/My Theme Projects/Custom Theme/New Theme/Media/platform_name.png

In theme creator if I set it to use an image per theme name, it isn't recognizing images where _ is replacing /

So if platform name is Commodore Plus/4, theme creator isn't finding the image called Commodore Plus_4.png but if the platform is called Commodore 64 it does find Commodore 64.png

However, if I am using images like clear logo or disk, they are found properly so it is an issue just with custom image paths.

But when you render the custom images, the file names are correct I assume, it’s just the lookup that’s broken by the sounds of things

5 minutes ago, y2guru said:

But when you render the custom images, the file names are correct I assume, it’s just the lookup that’s broken by the sounds of things

yeah, the rendered images are named properly but the lookup is broken. The theme creator is showing the fallback image rather than the image named after the platform and as a result, when rendered bigbox is also showing the fallback image insrtead of the image named after the platform.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

1 minute ago, mcfilmmakers said:

yeah, the rendered images are named properly but the lookup is broken. The theme creator is showing the fallback image rather than the image named after the platform and as a result, when rendered bigbox is also showing the fallback image insrtead of the image named after the platform.

Perfect, then I know where to fix the code, it’s a .dll issue and not an .exe issue

• Thanks 1

EDIT: Nevermind! I unblocked the zip before extracting and it seemed to fix the problem. Leaving this here in case it helps somebody else. Thanks!

Love the app! Though w/ the latest build I'm getting an error at launch that says "Due to code errors, the following UI element has been disabled: ()

Any idea what's up? None of my custom themes will load.

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Zeno

Hello all. I'm getting this crash window when I start the program.

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.Application.Main()
Initialization of 'COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow' threw an exception.

I made sure to unblock the .zip file before extracting and I installed all the fonts. Any ideas?

9 hours ago, Zeno said:

EDIT: Nevermind! I unblocked the zip before extracting and it seemed to fix the problem. Leaving this here in case it helps somebody else. Thanks!

Love the app! Though w/ the latest build I'm getting an error at launch that says "Due to code errors, the following UI element has been disabled: ()

Thanks in advance! 

looking into this now

8 hours ago, Tanooki_Style said:

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
Initialization of 'COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow' threw an exception.

I made sure to unblock the .zip file before extracting and I installed all the fonts. Any ideas?

i am looking into this now

9 hours ago, Tanooki_Style said:

please zip the \LaunchBox\Data folder and send to me directly as I want to see whats in your XML data files.

10 hours ago, Zeno said:

Thanks in advance! 

i repackaged the theme creator, try downloading again, also... not sure how you are installing it or placing the unzip files, but you cannot just copy the new .exe to your current community theme creator folder, you must take the plugins folder too as the .dlls have changed,  if this doesnt make sense, just reach out to me

Hey @y2guru, I think I've found a bug in the latest 1.0.8.92. I loaded up my existing project and noticed some images were missing. After some fiddling around I discovered the rotate feature is moving the image when it rotates, so the image wasn't missing, it was just off the screen. The problem is probably exaggerated on my system since I am running in portrait mode. Anyways, the previous versions didn't do this. Here is a video showing the problem.