LaunchBox Community Forums

Sorry to be a pain but I have another issue, or maybe Bigbox does not allow it? Can I have a video on a Coverflowgamesview screen? When I try to add a video, the editor is asking for image properties instead of video properties. Does that make sense? Maybe this is just a limitation I was unaware of? Not sure since I rarely mess with the coverflow stuff.

coverflow.thumb.png.0500c3fba93f53e58a633d10161b107e.png

6 hours ago, JaysArcade said:

Hey @y2guru, I think I've found a bug in the latest 1.0.8.92. I loaded up my existing project and noticed some images were missing. After some fiddling around I discovered the rotate feature is moving the image when it rotates, so the image wasn't missing, it was just off the screen. The problem is probably exaggerated on my system since I am running in portrait mode. Anyways, the previous versions didn't do this. Here is a video showing the problem.

ooops, ill fix that

7 hours ago, JaysArcade said:

Hey @y2guru, I think I've found a bug in the latest 1.0.8.92. I loaded up my existing project and noticed some images were missing. After some fiddling around I discovered the rotate feature is moving the image when it rotates, so the image wasn't missing, it was just off the screen. The problem is probably exaggerated on my system since I am running in portrait mode. Anyways, the previous versions didn't do this. Here is a video showing the problem.

fixed, version 1.0.8.93 is now out 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JaysArcade said:

Sorry to be a pain but I have another issue, or maybe Bigbox does not allow it? Can I have a video on a Coverflowgamesview screen? When I try to add a video, the editor is asking for image properties instead of video properties. Does that make sense? Maybe this is just a limitation I was unaware of? Not sure since I rarely mess with the coverflow stuff.

coverflow.thumb.png.0500c3fba93f53e58a633d10161b107e.png

BigBox - Coverflowgamesview does not support "Selected Item Video" and hence the reason why the UI Element is not available for selection.  The user defined video element lets you choose from a library of your own videos or cycle thru the game videos of the selected platform when you choose folder content

Having said all that, the label text was incorrectly showing Image even though you had selected a User Defined Video, I have changed that and put out 1.0.8.94.   However, incorrect label text aside it would have only displayed .mp4's if you had selected a folder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaysArcade said:

New version works great, and thanks for the explanation on the coverflow view.

No problem, happy to do it

Hi, i love this tool. i just have a question, can i modify an existing theme created by someone else with this ? (example unified theme, or big couch, etc)

5 hours ago, Danmage said:

Hi, i love this tool. i just have a question, can i modify an existing theme created by someone else with this ? (example unified theme, or big couch, etc)

Unfortunately you can't. However, there are some themes which include "Community Theme Creator" files (maybe 7 or 8 of them out there?) and you can edit those particular themes to match your wildest imagination 😁 The "RetroFresh" theme is one that comes to mind, as I've been messing around with that theme to change some various settings.

Edited by bundangdon
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Unfortunately you can't. However, there are some themes which include "Community Theme Creator" files (maybe 7 or 8 of them out there?) and you can edit those particular themes to match your wildest imagination 😁 The "RetroFresh" theme is one that comes to mind, as I've been messing around with that theme to change some various settings.

Thanks, wow i cant believe that retrofresh can be one of them, it is my favorite theme, even had it with me a long time. Now knowing that i can edit it , i can do a lot of things, so cool!!

Hi @y2guru

I am trying to add a text field in a custom game image view. If I select "Metadata" as text to display, then I get the following error.

I basically need that text field value for some visibility conditions.

Is this a bug?

2021-01-03_184656.thumb.png.5e70b3dc918a5b4b7c9aad92a90fee95.png

8 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @y2guru

I am trying to add a text field in a custom game image view. If I select "Metadata" as text to display, then I get the following error.

I basically need that text field value for some visibility conditions.

Is this a bug?

2021-01-03_184656.thumb.png.5e70b3dc918a5b4b7c9aad92a90fee95.png

yes its a bug, but just hit OK and it will allow you to select the metadata field and once selected will show just fine without issue.

6 hours ago, y2guru said:

yes its a bug, but just hit OK and it will allow you to select the metadata field and once selected will show just fine without issue.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. That is ok unless I choose a custom field, in which case I cannot get around it:

2021-01-04_094805.thumb.png.e555752e82ab7cb770097a4f17376323.png2021-01-04_094744.thumb.png.8c4f21748f636017291cc91051a8b3d0.pngThanks!

4 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. That is ok unless I choose a custom field, in which case I cannot get around it:

2021-01-04_094805.thumb.png.e555752e82ab7cb770097a4f17376323.png2021-01-04_094744.thumb.png.8c4f21748f636017291cc91051a8b3d0.pngThanks!

Fixed it this morning, I’ll upload 1.0.8.96 to the forum in a few hours. Thanks for letting me know

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, y2guru said:

Fixed it this morning, I’ll upload 1.0.8.96 to the forum in a few hours. Thanks for letting me know

7 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Just uploaded new version 1.0.8.96

• Like 1

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere in here. Is there a way in the CTC to have the community rating show unless there is a user rating available and if so, show that instead? It seems like the editor is forcing me to do one or the other. So basically replace "ActiveGame.CommunityStarRating" with "ActiveGame.CommunityOrLocalStarRating.

Thanks.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:50 PM, JaysArcade said:

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere in here. Is there a way in the CTC to have the community rating show unless there is a user rating available and if so, show that instead? It seems like the editor is forcing me to do one or the other. So basically replace "ActiveGame.CommunityStarRating" with "ActiveGame.CommunityOrLocalStarRating.

Thanks.

good question and should be easily performed using visibility conditioning, i'll go thru comments / questions and put out a video covering these things 🙂

On 1/13/2021 at 9:50 PM, JaysArcade said:

Thanks.

i took it a step further and made some code changes to make life a lot easier, look out for the new build and video

• Like 1

Hi @y2guru,

I would like to ask you if it would be possible to copy/paste a full group, not only an element.

Also, is it possible to play video formats (.mov, webm) that support transparency?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @y2guru,

I would like to ask you if it would be possible to copy/paste a full group, not only an element.

Also, is it possible to play video formats (.mov, webm) that support transparency?

Thanks!

Copying full groups will be available in 1.0.9.0

If big box supports .mov and .webm playback then I can support it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, y2guru said:

If big box supports .mov and .webm playback then I can support it

VLC supports them so they should both work in Bigbox, webm certainly does as that is what steam videos are usually downloaded as and they play just fine.

• Like 1