LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator for BigBox

Sorry If Ive missed the answer to this somewhere in here but I haven't seen it.

Bigbox is incorrectly displaying Box Art instead of Fan Art inside of Bigbox on the theme I am creating with this.  Inside the Community editor it correctly shows the Fan Art but not inside of Big Box.  Everything else seems to work as intended though.

Any idea why I'm incorrectly getting Box Art instead?

On a side note.     For anyone who is having trouble getting the Editor to show you your own media images like I was at first you have to close the editor and restart it after you create your Image folders and have your gifs and png files in them.   I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I was just getting blank options for selecting my folder for images until I closed everything and restarted and then I could select the folder.

3 minutes ago, PsiSoldier said:

Sorry If Ive missed the answer to this somewhere in here but I haven't seen it.

Bigbox is incorrectly displaying Box Art instead of Fan Art inside of Bigbox on the theme I am creating with this.  Inside the Community editor it correctly shows the Fan Art but not inside of Big Box.  Everything else seems to work as intended though.

Any idea why I'm incorrectly getting Box Art instead?

On a side note.     For anyone who is having trouble getting the Editor to show you your own media images like I was at first you have to close the editor and restart it after you create your Image folders and have your gifs and png files in them.   I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I was just getting blank options for selecting my folder for images until I closed everything and restarted and then I could select the folder.

Sounds like an issue with your image priority settings in launchbox settings.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Sounds like an issue with your image priority settings in launchbox settings.

Ok thanks you were correct.   So I changed the priority inside of Launchbox and it worked as intended.

BUT....     That really sucks.   It means that my Theme is not going to work as intended unless the user also does that.

It seems to me that if My theme tells Bigbox to put Fan Art as the Background that it should do that, not just display some random crap I'm not asking it to display.     I can always set conditions to make it display something else if the Fan Art does not exist.  Such as in my theme if the Fan Art does not exist it is supposed to default to a Screenshot unless I have another condition taking priority.

49 minutes ago, PsiSoldier said:

Ok thanks you were correct.   So I changed the priority inside of Launchbox and it worked as intended.

BUT....     That really sucks.   It means that my Theme is not going to work as intended unless the user also does that.

It seems to me that if My theme tells Bigbox to put Fan Art as the Background that it should do that, not just display some random crap I'm not asking it to display.     I can always set conditions to make it display something else if the Fan Art does not exist.  Such as in my theme if the Fan Art does not exist it is supposed to default to a Screenshot unless I have another condition taking priority.

Yep conditioning is what you'll need then. 

• Like 1

One other suggestion.  

It would be great if there was a condition for If Value is > or <  a certain number to make something hidden or visible.

I am adding Rank Icons to my theme based on the number of times a player has played a game but unfortunately I only have the option of     "If Value is = to"     Which means I have to add a crap ton of conditional statements rather than just one or two.

Not really sure if that would be useful in any other situations but it might be.

Just an example of how my Theme is looking with the Rank based on number of times played.  Not looking bad for starting on it yesterday for the first time.

So a big Thanks for all the hard work on the Community Theme Creator!

ShadowrunPic.jpg

Street FighterII Pic.jpg

Streets of Rage.jpg

AdamsFamily.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PsiSoldier said:

Just an example of how my Theme is looking with the Rank based on number of times played.  Not looking bad for starting on it yesterday for the first time.

So a big Thanks for all the hard work on the Community Theme Creator!

That theme looks awesome! Is this something you are going to release to the community when finished or is it just one you are planning on using yourself?

It's definitely a theme I'd have on my cabinet. Great work either way!! 

@y2guru

I don't know if rectangle is part of creator default or something else. But its causing problems. it does not respect conditions value "no value" like all other images. Only accepts "null". But when uses as such it works partially. On some platform it works collapsed properly while on others it doesn't and even if value it not "null" it stays colapsed.

Can u check and if possible make it work with "no value" and see whats happening with "null"?

Example test:

"Platform Categories"->"computers". It clearly has info in  Set default visible, conditioning ->collapsed when value = null. And instead of being visible , it becomes collapsed.

colapsed.thumb.jpg.c300bf0e612906ccb897aad1bb4e9385.jpg

On 3/29/2021 at 3:50 AM, Johnny T said:

That theme looks awesome! Is this something you are going to release to the community when finished or is it just one you are planning on using yourself?

It's definitely a theme I'd have on my cabinet. Great work either way!! 

Yes I'll be posting it when its done for sure!  Thanks

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PsiSoldier said:

Yes I'll be posting it when its done for sure!  Thanks

Excellent. Look forward to it! I'm going to have a crack myself when the new version of the Theme Creator comes out. I'm certainly no designer though so won't get anywhere near the quality of yours.

If you remember too, please give me a shout when you've released it. Good luck with your continued development :)

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, PsiSoldier said:

One other suggestion.  

It would be great if there was a condition for If Value is > or <  a certain number to make something hidden or visible.

I am adding Rank Icons to my theme based on the number of times a player has played a game but unfortunately I only have the option of     "If Value is = to"     Which means I have to add a crap ton of conditional statements rather than just one or two.

Not really sure if that would be useful in any other situations but it might be.

>, >=, <, <=, IS, ISNOT and Contains are now part of 1.0.9.x

Check the video below, at the 22 minute mark

Edited by y2guru

12 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Just returning to this - any plans to create a similar app to make Launchbox rather than BigBox themes?

let me finish up on the BigBox Theme Creator first and then i can see what it would take to create launchbox themes ?

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 10:11 AM, Undertherainbow said:

@y2guru

I don't know if rectangle is part of creator default or something else. But its causing problems. it does not respect conditions value "no value" like all other images. Only accepts "null". But when uses as such it works partially. On some platform it works collapsed properly while on others it doesn't and even if value it not "null" it stays colapsed.

Can u check and if possible make it work with "no value" and see whats happening with "null"?

Example test:

"Platform Categories"->"computers". It clearly has info in  Set default visible, conditioning ->collapsed when value = null. And instead of being visible , it becomes collapsed.

colapsed.thumb.jpg.c300bf0e612906ccb897aad1bb4e9385.jpg

Ive changed how conditioning works in 1.0.9.x and your example above is no longer broken in that build

A workaround in 1.0.8.99 is to point the conditioning to the text field containing the notes instead of the metadata field

image.thumb.png.4182c2ec5bbff332aa75425ed6802d73.png

image.thumb.png.7837dbc99cf181f1810df6f2a0734c23.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, y2guru said:

>, >=, <, <=, IS, ISNOT and Contains are now part of 1.0.9.x

Check the video below, at the 22 minute mark

Fantastic! I should be able to finish up my theme and get it uploaded soon then!   Thank you much!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I previously was using 1.0.8.97, and switched to 1.0.8.99...

I then started getting this error of "Due to code errors, the following UI Element has been disabled  ()"

(and it will keep showing this error over and over and over again)

I even tried downloading a fresh copy, without a copy of my theme, and it even did it on the built in theme. 
is the latest version of BigBox incompatible with the Community Editor?

Cheers!

Edited by The Kilted Canuck

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2021 at 10:58 PM, The Kilted Canuck said:

I previously was using 1.0.8.97, and switched to 1.0.8.99...

I then started getting this error of "Due to code errors, the following UI Element has been disabled  ()"

(and it will keep showing this error over and over and over again)

I even tried downloading a fresh copy, without a copy of my theme, and it even did it on the built in theme. 
is the latest version of BigBox incompatible with the Community Editor?

Cheers!

You generally get this error if you do not unblock the zip file before extracting the files or… you copied the new exe from the new build and pasted into your current build, I believe in 1.0.8.99 I made dll changes so if you are not using the correct dlls that too will result in the same error

Edited by y2guru