LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator for BigBox

So I totally did put the exe into the old folder the first time around. 

Even though the ZIP file was saying it was ok when I was downloading it... and I had to "Run Anyway" since it got flagged by SmartScan  I had to manually unblock each file in the plugins in the properties window. 

2 hours ago, The Kilted Canuck said:

So I totally did put the exe into the old folder the first time around. 

Even though the ZIP file was saying it was ok when I was downloading it... and I had to "Run Anyway" since it got flagged by SmartScan  I had to manually unblock each file in the plugins in the properties window. 

I assume you are now good then?

On 5/29/2021 at 10:46 PM, The Kilted Canuck said:

Correct, I'm all good ?

Do you have a Patreon or anything of the such to support you for making this amazing tool? 

That’s great ?

hmmm, I do have a patreon account but I’ve done nothing with it, so enjoy the freebie ?

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

One question ... I don't know if someone can solve it for me ... it refers to a bigbox theme that I'm creating ... you will see ... the list of games, videos and all the others theme components, appear 3 seconds after the background image appears.. I know it is not important but .. is there a way to make it appear all at once? .. thanks in advance..  

7 hours ago, NagakiriHidechi said:

Is there any way to modify the wall view? Because to matter which variables or boxes I change, it's always the 6x5 grid, takes up the entirety of the screen, and is based in the center of the screen. 

Hi @NagakiriHidechi. In the current forum build this is not possible.

But, new updates are coming, and wall view integration is one of them.

You can follow along y2guru's development process on his youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCALHDoR8oQifl6sbIrdrW6w

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, NagakiriHidechi said:

Is there any way to edit the default BigBox theme? I'm having difficulty exactly recreating the specific elements of it I like from scratch. 

Unfortunately not. The theme needs to of been created with this tool in order to be editable in it.

Hi 

I am so happy I found the Theme Creator Tool! Its awesome! I built a cabinet and actually used a 50" TV in portrait mode with a custom resolution of 2160x2160. Themes look good but just needed tweaks here and there. Now I can build my own custom theme which I have started.

On the Pyramids theme there is a text platform/Playlist view showing a favorites and Recently played framed element showing game logos. Rincewind graciously gave me some guidance and some direction and I am wondering if that might be a feature in a future release? I only have 1 platform set up with playlists using game wheel views and think it would look great being able to add the Favorites and Recently played  using either clear logos or 3d carts images.  

Thanks to everyone who contributes to the community.

5 hours ago, Huntsmiester said:

Hi 

I am so happy I found the Theme Creator Tool! Its awesome! I built a cabinet and actually used a 50" TV in portrait mode with a custom resolution of 2160x2160. Themes look good but just needed tweaks here and there. Now I can build my own custom theme which I have started.

On the Pyramids theme there is a text platform/Playlist view showing a favorites and Recently played framed element showing game logos. Rincewind graciously gave me some guidance and some direction and I am wondering if that might be a feature in a future release? I only have 1 platform set up with playlists using game wheel views and think it would look great being able to add the Favorites and Recently played  using either clear logos or 3d carts images.  

Thanks to everyone who contributes to the community.

I'm happy you are using it!  Rince is good like that and he and I recently spoke about Favorites and Recently Played, i will enhance that in a future build

• Like 2

On 6/20/2021 at 10:38 PM, y2guru said:

I'm happy you are using it!  Rince is good like that and he and I recently spoke about Favorites and Recently Played, i will enhance that in a future build

Awesome... Thanks again for all your hard work on the Theme Creator

19 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Have you tried changing it from Hidden to Collapsed?

I've worked it out it's 'Default Box Art' i selected, there is no 'Game Box Art' for TextFilter View, so maybe it shouldn't be showing that in the creator?

Edited by Rlad

17 hours ago, Rlad said:

I've worked it out it's 'Default Box Art' i selected, there is no 'Game Box Art' for TextFilter View, so maybe it shouldn't be showing that in the creator?

{Binding Path=ActivePlatform.DefaultBoxImagePath} is a valid binding according to the BigBox Documentation,  however this appears to be empty no matter how i set my default images in BigBox, I have sent this issue to the BigBox team

20 hours ago, Rlad said:

Correcting myself again, there IS 'Box Art' available its under folder not metadata ?

@Rlad Yes I just tested this too and in the "Folder content" you can select "[LB] items". Although when I publish the theme in BigBox, they only display if I have them but if I don't the old one remains on the screen when changing platforms. Can you let me know if you get the same results in the version of the creator your using please. Then @y2guru will have the right info to hopefully fix the issue if it can be in the Theme Creator or @Jason Carr can if it's a LaunchBox issue.

19 hours ago, Rlad said:

Correcting myself again, there IS 'Box Art' available its under folder not metadata ?

can you please take a screenshot of the properties, that would help a lot

1 hour ago, Rincewind said:

@Rlad Yes I just tested this too and in the "Folder content" you can select "[LB] items". Although when I publish the theme in BigBox, they only display if I have them but if I don't the old one remains on the screen when changing platforms. Can you let me know if you get the same results in the version of the creator your using please. Then @y2guru will have the right info to hopefully fix the issue if it can be in the Theme Creator or @Jason Carr can if it's a LaunchBox issue.

Yes, same thing happens.