LaunchBox Community Forums

I'm getting this issue at startup. It's not crashing or anything. After clicking "OK" it goes away but clicking on anything else within the program - it reappears, so can't do anything other than close the program.

• Version 1.0.6.1
  • Unblocked zip
  • Installed fonts
  • Entered username
  • Tried reinstalling (no changes)

Did I miss something?

Does it have to be installed on the same drive/in the same folder as BigBox perhaps? Currently I have installed on my portable drive while BigBox is installed on my main drive.

Does LaunchBox/BigBox need to be running at the same time?Screenshot.thumb.jpg.2c655a67e890a25bc7f49dfade117bff.jpg

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Community Theme Creator for BigBox View File The Community Theme Creator for BigBox is still in development and should be treated as an Alpha build, however it ha

You can also click @y2guru s name and use the follow function

yes they will.  parenting will include new UI Elements:- Grid, Border, DockPanel and StackPanel, which have special properties

Posted Images

6 hours ago, dkangy said:

I'm getting this issue at startup. It's not crashing or anything. After clicking "OK" it goes away but clicking on anything else within the program - it reappears, so can't do anything other than close the program.

• Version 1.0.6.1
  • Unblocked zip
  • Installed fonts
  • Entered username
  • Tried reinstalling (no changes)

Did I miss something?

Does it have to be installed on the same drive/in the same folder as BigBox perhaps? Currently I have installed on my portable drive while BigBox is installed on my main drive.

Does LaunchBox/BigBox need to be running at the same time?Screenshot.thumb.jpg.2c655a67e890a25bc7f49dfade117bff.jpg

You appear to have done everything correctly, launchbox/bigbox only need to exist and they do not need to be running. You can place the theme creator anywhere as long as you point it to the bigbox location (during initial setup or by clicking the main menu then settings)

the error appears to be coming from the plain n simple community theme that is shipped with the creator, which is not using any special code, the workaround that Rince offered should get you going with a brand new theme but I am curious as to why this is happening to you.

i will be posting a new version of the creator today so I will be interested to see if that corrects this issue.

Ok, I followed the advice from Rincewind and removed the plain and simple theme, replaced it with the BigBox default theme so I can poke around a bit and from what I can tell everything seems to be working just fine now. Thanks!😊

Yes, I saw there was an update today so I wasn't too worried but figured I'd let you know about this just in case. Looking forward to the update and thank you for this awesome program! What a time saver this will be!👍

1 hour ago, dkangy said:

Ok, I followed the advice from Rincewind and removed the plain and simple theme, replaced it with the BigBox default theme so I can poke around a bit and from what I can tell everything seems to be working just fine now. Thanks!😊

Yes, I saw there was an update today so I wasn't too worried but figured I'd let you know about this just in case. Looking forward to the update and thank you for this awesome program! What a time saver this will be!👍

Just letting you know, you cannot take an existing theme and copy to the creators ‘my theme projects’ folder as you cannot edit an existing theme.

On 4/13/2020 at 2:04 PM, y2guru said:

You appear to have done everything correctly, launchbox/bigbox only need to exist and they do not need to be running. You can place the theme creator anywhere as long as you point it to the bigbox location (during initial setup or by clicking the main menu then settings)

the error appears to be coming from the plain n simple community theme that is shipped with the creator, which is not using any special code, the workaround that Rince offered should get you going with a brand new theme but I am curious as to why this is happening to you.

i will be posting a new version of the creator today so I will be interested to see if that corrects this issue.

I had the same issue as the other user, and I was able to fix it by deleting the included theme. I'm able to create a new theme from scratch, but as soon as I press "edit views" this error pops up:

image.thumb.png.1b11946de1d865da4bdc89e54390f01b.pngPressing "cancel" crashes the app, so basically I'm stuck.

Full stack here:

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.Editor.InitializeComponent()
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.Editor..ctor()
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow.BTNeditview_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.Application.Main()
Provide value on 'System.Windows.StaticResourceExtension' threw an exception.

Edit: I solved the issue, for future reference: I had forgotten to unblock the .zip. Simply unblocking all .dll files in the install directory fixed the issue.

Edited by xevidroid
  • Game On 1
1 hour ago, dluxpnw said:

Hello, I have to start with this is absolutely fantastic! I'm currently creating custom images but when I render them they are named using the Launchbox Database ID rather than the rom name. Any help is appreciated.

image.thumb.png.6f335ace1427a59e793e7ff7410f25de.png

That's how the program works. I believe it is to ensure an image will be linked to a game since sometimes the names in the Database might change, but the Database ID stays the same.

8 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

That's how the program works. I believe it is to ensure an image will be linked to a game since sometimes the names in the Database might change, but the Database ID stays the same.

Thanks for the reply. In the instructional video the images were outputting with game titles. I guess I was hoping there is a way to change what the output filename is. I have a 1280x1024 secondary monitor on a converted silver strike bowling cab. I'm trying to make custom images and the plan was just to replace the existing marquee images with these custom images.

image.png

1 hour ago, dluxpnw said:

Thanks for the reply. In the instructional video the images were outputting with game titles. I guess I was hoping there is a way to change what the output filename is. I have a 1280x1024 secondary monitor on a converted silver strike bowling cab. I'm trying to make custom images and the plan was just to replace the existing marquee images with these custom images.

I do not know if there is a way to change the output naming. I have not seen an option to do that.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

I do not know if there is a way to change the output naming. I have not seen an option to do that.

I've backed up the old marquee images, but the new "marquee" custom images won't display and defaults to the game box images if I don't rename them to the rom filename.

32 minutes ago, dluxpnw said:

I've backed up the old marquee images, but the new "marquee" custom images won't display and defaults to the game box images if I don't rename them to the rom filename.

Ah yes, I see what you are saying. The Arcade - Marquee folder images are not working with LB database ID names. Not sure if this is something @y2guru would be able to fix or if it is something in BigBox marquee coding.

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Ah yes, I see what you are saying. The Arcade - Marquee folder images are not working with LB database ID names. Not sure if this is something @y2guru would be able to fix or if it is something in BigBox marquee coding.

Did you add an image ui element and set it to metadata then pick custom image x,?

9 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Did you add an image ui element and set it to metadata then pick custom image x,?

I was just testing to see if I could replicate what he mentioned. So all I did was renamed a marquee image in my Arcade - Marquee image folder as the game's DB ID # and tested if the marquee would show the image. It does not. It is not something I was actually generating or making with a theme. At least that is how I understand what he is trying to accomplish. He was making custom marquees in your theme builders custom image feature and then placing those images in the Arcade - Marquee folder to use with any theme.

8 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I was just testing to see if I could replicate what he mentioned. So all I did was renamed a marquee image in my Arcade - Marquee image folder as the game's DB ID # and tested if the marquee would show the image. It does not. It is not something I was actually generating or making with a theme. At least that is how I understand what he is trying to accomplish. He was making custom marquees in your theme builders custom image feature and then placing those images in the Arcade - Marquee folder to use with any theme.

Ah gotcha!  Then in that case Jason has not replicated his image lookup logic he uses in the wheel for marquee images, but as I indicated the image ui via the creator can leverage a database Id lookup

Just now, y2guru said:

Ah gotcha!  Then in that case Jason has not replicated his image lookup logic he uses in the wheel for marquee images, but as I indicated the image ui via the creator can leverage a database Id lookup

I’ll ask/beg @Jason Carr to see if he’s willing to make the same change because using dbid for images allows them to be shareable without the need for the user to rename, unless you/the forum and of course Jason disagrees 😜

Just now, y2guru said:

I’ll ask/beg @Jason Carr to see if he’s willing to make the same change because using dbid for images allows them to be shareable without the need for the user to rename, unless you/the forum and of course Jason disagrees 😜

I will second this request to Jason. 👍