LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator for BigBox

4 hours ago, faeran said:

You can also follow this channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DaveTheCommunityThemeCreatorDeveloper

It's Dave's channel (the author of the CTC)

Also, there's no such thing as a Playlists view, however, more advanced techniques could allow for different looks between being in a Platform filter vs. a Playlist filter.

- Thanks a lot for the channel!

- With Playlist view I meant thie screen you get when you select "View playlists", see attachments.

- I want to edit that screen in particular, If the platform filter changes too, I don't mind, at the end of the day, I only use my playlists on BB. Can you point me in the right direction? what more advanced techniques should I learn in order to start tinkering with it?.

Thanks again!

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

45 minutes ago, ers said:

- Thanks a lot for the channel!

- With Playlist view I meant thie screen you get when you select "View playlists", see attachments.

- I want to edit that screen in particular, If the platform filter changes too, I don't mind, at the end of the day, I only use my playlists on BB. Can you point me in the right direction? what more advanced techniques should I learn in order to start tinkering with it?.

Thanks again!

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Yeah, just note that all of those are filters, anything with "View" in the system menu equates to a filter being applied to the same view (one of the Platform Views). There's no All Games View, Playlists View, and Genres View, for example. It all pulls the layout of whatever Platform view file you are using (or Text Filters View, if you are using a text list). However, there are ways to tell Big Box "hey, I'm filtering by Playlists, so do this", on a per-element basis within that view.

11 hours ago, faeran said:

Yeah, just note that all of those are filters, anything with "View" in the system menu equates to a filter being applied to the same view (one of the Platform Views). There's no All Games View, Playlists View, and Genres View, for example. It all pulls the layout of whatever Platform view file you are using (or Text Filters View, if you are using a text list). However, there are ways to tell Big Box "hey, I'm filtering by Playlists, so do this", on a per-element basis within that view.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks a lot, faeran

Hi guys,  just wondering if we can change the gameplay video to this kind of shape

Untitled.thumb.png.105e53b32ae7e7fd75e374a21cf57098.png

I know we can skew it from X and Y and angle it but none get it the way i need for a decent looking pinball video border.

Thanks

What you're asking for is a 3D transformation in a 2D space. Only way to do something like is is to pass the control into a WPF 3D scene and then rotate the object along the Z axis. While this should be possible with WPF and custom XAML work, none of this can be done in the CTC as far as I'm aware (though happy to be proven wrong).

Is CTC able to create a Wall view with more than 5 boxes wide? I have created a blank wall view and have tinkered with the wheel settings and can never get it to show more than 5 wide. If it is possible, can someone do a screenshot of what I need to do??

23 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

Is CTC able to create a Wall view with more than 5 boxes wide? I have created a blank wall view and have tinkered with the wheel settings and can never get it to show more than 5 wide. If it is possible, can someone do a screenshot of what I need to do??

In my new build you will be able to

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

What you're asking for is a 3D transformation in a 2D space. Only way to do something like is is to pass the control into a WPF 3D scene and then rotate the object along the Z axis. While this should be possible with WPF and custom XAML work, none of this can be done in the CTC as far as I'm aware (though happy to be proven wrong).

Thanks.  I'll just work around it, WPF and custom XAML's are a like a foriegn language to me lol.

20 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Correct, im still experimenting with 3D

• Like 2

Hi Dave, I just watched  "COMMUNITY Theme Creator 2.4 - Progress update 3" and wanted to thank you for big update!

As I have zero skills on coding (xaml), tweaking up existing xaml was time consuming work even just to change couple things.

Having said that, I can't wait for new CTC 2.5 update and it's amazing to know this version is mainly focused on tweaking than generating xaml.

Since you mentioned that I can post some ideas about wheels so I'd like to add my thought on ideal wall view. 😉

I have tweaked xaml to have custom wall view and this is where it's at so far.

Wall view 1 is simple popup view and wall view 2 is quite bigger popup for video preview.

What I'm trying to achieve is to make theme as close as Switch Online interface. To do that, I'd love to see following features:

1. popup object alignment - background gradation+ highlighted stroke (this is already there! thank you)

839564696_1.SUPERFAMICOM.thumb.jpg.cdb6e8503fee5123c1c41d01b08eccbf.jpg

2. various dimensions box art in one (1) platform or playlist - horizontal (height) matching

33602143_2.ScreenShot00304-28-2022.thumb.jpg.a62d17987e0f8e3b66a05f0b7872d2f9.jpg

3. video preview within box art - 2 options (bigger popup or inside box art with right proportion)

3.wallview2.thumb.jpg.88bfc7b406bbc9fc26971a8dc2bf91cd.jpg

4. badge on box art - with background gradation

1992823546_4.ScreenShot00204-29-2022.jpg.f85cc0dd12f929f595b7487a3da5d5be.jpg

I hope this make sense to you and of course I'm not expecting all this anytime soon. Just my ideas but hopefully some are useful and
listed in your future roadmap!

This will be a game changer for wall view in BB for it's simplicity and fast browsing.

Posted (edited)

Might as well leave a quick bug report while I'm messing around with theme creation! 😁

The 'During Selection' and 'Once Selected' toggle isn't having an effect when a text box's contents is bound to the 'Total Game Count' property.

Output XAML sets Text to "Binding Path=GamesCount" in both cases (which only seems to update with ActivePlatform), when it should be using "SelectedPlatform.TotalGameCount" and "ActivePlatform.TotalGameCount" bindings respectively.

Edited by retroNUC

9 hours ago, retroNUC said:

Might as well leave a quick bug report while I'm messing around with theme creation! 😁

The 'During Selection' and 'Once Selected' toggle isn't having an effect when a text box's contents is bound to the 'Total Game Count' property.

Output XAML sets Text to "Binding Path=GamesCount" in both cases (which only seems to update with ActivePlatform), when it should be using "SelectedPlatform.TotalGameCount" and "ActivePlatform.TotalGameCount" bindings respectively.

This has been corrected in version 2.5, thank you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, retroNUC said:

11 hours ago, y2guru said:

This has been corrected in version 2.5, thank you.

Just note that TotalGameCount doesn't work in certain situations, like when you are on a parent category or within a playlist, where GamesCount does. I can see the need for wanting Selected/Active for use with GamesCount, so we have it on our long list.

• Thanks 1

HI there, I've been banging my head against a video problem for a while, and I can't find an answer already here.  I'm building a custom theme, but I can't seen to get a mp4 to play/display in the CPC (or big box).  The file is located on the root level of the media folder, and is selectable as a "media video" in the "User Defined Video" object menu.  It's 60 fps, plays fine outside the app, and is not intensely big (13 megs).  File attached, any ideas?

43 minutes ago, zap_rowsdower_ftw said:

HI there, I've been banging my head against a video problem for a while, and I can't find an answer already here.  I'm building a custom theme, but I can't seen to get a mp4 to play/display in the CPC (or big box).  The file is located on the root level of the media folder, and is selectable as a "media video" in the "User Defined Video" object menu.  It's 60 fps, plays fine outside the app, and is not intensely big (13 megs).  File attached, any ideas?

Create a subfolder within the media folder, then move the .mp4 to that new folder.  The theme creator will now see it (once you select the folder and file name via the properties panel)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Create a subfolder within the media folder, then move the .mp4 to that new folder.  The theme creator will now see it (once you select the folder and file name via the properties panel)

You, sir, have saved me a considerable amount of drinking and banging on things.  Many many thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really, really REALLY looking forward to the next release! SUPER excited about the wheel updates!

Keep up the great work; this is an extremely useful utility.

• Like 4