LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator for BigBox

Thank you so much for this amazing tool.  It's making the dream of creating my own theme a real possibility.  I do have a question about it.  Is it possible to fade the audio from game videos along with the video?  I've got some animations so that when I select an item, the video fades in and the wheel snaps off screen.  However, it is (the smallest bit) jarring when the audio for the game video plays before the video fades in.  I didn't see a way to do this but I'm relatively new so I'm wondering if I am missing anything.  

Thanks again for the great tool!

Good morning people.......
Guys would like to make a change in the theme, I want the image of the number of players to show the control image of each video game, I just managed to make a single type of control appear. Can you change it so that the control of each video game appears?

See how it appears in the photo.
I want super nintendo controls to appear, and so for every video game

Image TV2.png

Good afternoon people........
Could someone help me fix a problem in the theme.
It was created by COMMUNITY Theme Creator 1.0.7.9, the problem that occurs when selecting a game, on the TV the video of the game has to appear, if the game does not have a video automatically a photo of the game appears, but the photo is appearing small and not on the entire screen.
I tried to see the problem in COMMUNITY Theme Creator.
Would anyone know how to solve for the game photo to appear on the entire TV screen?

Another thing I want to solve is when selecting if the game is favorite, if it was completed it is broken, there the images do not appear at the time.
I want that when selecting this option the image that was selected appears in an instant, also I was not able to solve this problem.
So there are 2 problems to solve someone would know and could help correct these errors?

Here is the picture of the game photo that appears incomplete on TV.

Thank you.
Att: Super Mouse

Image TV.png

On 6/8/2020 at 2:00 AM, Fry said:

Thank you so much for this amazing tool.  It's making the dream of creating my own theme a real possibility.  I do have a question about it.  Is it possible to fade the audio from game videos along with the video?  I've got some animations so that when I select an item, the video fades in and the wheel snaps off screen.  However, it is (the smallest bit) jarring when the audio for the game video plays before the video fades in.  I didn't see a way to do this but I'm relatively new so I'm wondering if I am missing anything.  

Thanks again for the great tool!

i am not entirely sure if there is a video audio volume property for the selected video, ive asked the creator of BigBox if the volume property can be exposed so that the theme creator could then update it via an animation (during selection, reduce volume to 0, then once a platform/game is selected increase volume back to 100%)

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2020 at 7:26 AM, Super Mouse said:

Good morning people.......
Guys would like to make a change in the theme, I want the image of the number of players to show the control image of each video game, I just managed to make a single type of control appear. Can you change it so that the control of each video game appears?

See how it appears in the photo.
I want super nintendo controls to appear, and so for every video game

Image TV2.png

if i understand your question. you want to display super NES controllers intead of the xbox controllers when SNES games are selected, correct ?

you copy your view (i assume default config was used for the above) and paste it to the SNES config, now you can change the UI Element to display the SNES controllers

On 6/8/2020 at 7:28 AM, Super Mouse said:

Good afternoon people........
Could someone help me fix a problem in the theme.
It was created by COMMUNITY Theme Creator 1.0.7.9, the problem that occurs when selecting a game, on the TV the video of the game has to appear, if the game does not have a video automatically a photo of the game appears, but the photo is appearing small and not on the entire screen.
I tried to see the problem in COMMUNITY Theme Creator.
Would anyone know how to solve for the game photo to appear on the entire TV screen?

Another thing I want to solve is when selecting if the game is favorite, if it was completed it is broken, there the images do not appear at the time.
I want that when selecting this option the image that was selected appears in an instant, also I was not able to solve this problem.
So there are 2 problems to solve someone would know and could help correct these errors?

Here is the picture of the game photo that appears incomplete on TV.

Thank you.
Att: Super Mouse

Image TV.png

1. you click on the Favorite UI Element, scroll down thru the properties and select the image used for favorite and non-favorite

2. if you want the image to display as you are scrolling thru the list of games, change the "update when" to during selection
image.thumb.png.aac56d86332af6a7b61af5887fb3c7da.png

8 hours ago, y2guru said:

1. you click on the Favorite UI Element, scroll down thru the properties and select the image used for favorite and non-favorite

2. if you want the image to display as you are scrolling thru the list of games, change the "update when" to during selection
image.thumb.png.aac56d86332af6a7b61af5887fb3c7da.png

Good morning y2guru ......
Actually it's already configured the way you said it, but it doesn't work the way I said it, as I said I want the image to turn on or off as soon as I select it.
Watch the video for you to understand.
I want you to stay in the same way as video 2

video 1 is as it is, video 2 is as it should be

Video 1

Video 2

Edited by Super Mouse

35 minutes ago, Super Mouse said:

Good morning y2guru ......
Actually it's already configured the way you said it, but it doesn't work the way I said it, as I said I want the image to turn on or off as soon as I select it.
Watch the video for you to understand.
I want you to stay in the same way as video 2

video 1 is as it is, video 2 is as it should be

Video 1

Video 2

I will research that issue

15 hours ago, y2guru said:

... ive asked the creator of BigBox if the volume property can be exposed ...

That would be wonderful.  Thank you for making the request, I hope we can get that volume property exposed.  It's just ever so jarring when the audio from a game's video starts playing but the animation isn't showing the game yet.  I think it'll add a much smoother experience if the audio can fade in/out along with the video transitions.  I'll cross my fingers for this in a future update!

1 hour ago, Fry said:

That would be wonderful.  Thank you for making the request, I hope we can get that volume property exposed.  It's just ever so jarring when the audio from a game's video starts playing but the animation isn't showing the game yet.  I think it'll add a much smoother experience if the audio can fade in/out along with the video transitions.  I'll cross my fingers for this in a future update!

Jason did say he was going to look into it, so that’s a good sign ? ? 

• Game On 1

On 6/10/2020 at 12:03 AM, y2guru said:

if i understand your question. you want to display super NES controllers intead of the xbox controllers when SNES games are selected, correct ?

you copy your view (i assume default config was used for the above) and paste it to the SNES config, now you can change the UI Element to display the SNES controllers

Thanks, it worked

@y2guru, hello, I'm running the latest version of the community theme creator and when I select "Playlists" from the 2nd drop down on the left side bar, I'm getting a crash.  I can see an error message and stack trace pop up but it closes before I can get a look at it.  I tried with a few different themes (Plain n Simple Community, Banner Box Custom Image Template, and an empty new theme) and I tried on a couple different PCs, one with my large library and another one with a much smaller library.  I tried changing to playlists while in the "create and modify views" view and also while in the "create and modify custom images" view and whenever I select playlists, I get a crash.  Maybe something to do with my launchbox library or a permissions issue?  Here's my launchbox playlists (I just have the one):

image.thumb.png.cf6b9f606eb43252fe23439808d17c85.png

I found this in the windows event viewer from the crash, looks like some file wasn't found:

Application: COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(System.Uri, System.Net.ICredentials, System.Net.IWebProxy, System.Net.Cache.RequestCachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(System.Uri, System.String, System.Type)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishInitUriString()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl..ctor(System.String, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings, System.Xml.XmlParserContext, System.Xml.XmlResolver)
   at System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader(System.String, System.Xml.XmlParserContext)
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(System.String, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings, System.Xml.XmlParserContext)
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(System.String, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow.UpdateGamesList(COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.UcXAMLView)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow.SelectionTimer_Tick(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.Application.Main()

Edited by Fry

17 minutes ago, Fry said:

@y2guru, I'm running the latest version of the community theme creator and when I select "Playlists" from the 2nd drop down on the left side bar, I'm getting a crash.  I can see an error message and stack trace pop up but it closes before I can get a look at it.  I found this in the event viewer.  I tried with a few different themes (Plain n Simple Community, Banner Box Custom Image Template, and an empty new theme).  I tried changing to playlists while in the "create and modify views" view and also while in the "create and modify custom images" view and whenever I select playlists, I get a crash.  Maybe something to do with my launchbox library? 

Here's my launchbox playlists (I just have one with my kiddo's favorite games):

image.thumb.png.cf6b9f606eb43252fe23439808d17c85.png

I found this in the windows event viewer from the crash: 

Application: COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(System.Uri, System.Net.ICredentials, System.Net.IWebProxy, System.Net.Cache.RequestCachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(System.Uri, System.String, System.Type)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishInitUriString()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl..ctor(System.String, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings, System.Xml.XmlParserContext, System.Xml.XmlResolver)
   at System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader(System.String, System.Xml.XmlParserContext)
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(System.String, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings, System.Xml.XmlParserContext)
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(System.String, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow.UpdateGamesList(COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.UcXAMLView)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow.SelectionTimer_Tick(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.Application.Main()

I have fixed this issue in my current build (still working on it)  1.0.8.0

the playlist is called Charlie’s Favorites but the associated .xml should be named Charlie_s Favorites.xml  (located in launchbox\data\playlists)

please confirm the name of the playlist .xml filename

my personal build scrubs invalid characters from file names and replaces them with _ (underscore)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, y2guru said:

I have fixed this issue in my current build (still working on it)  1.0.8.0

the playlist is called Charlie’s Favorites but the associated .xml should be named Charlie_s Favorites.xml  (located in launchbox\data\playlists)

please confirm the name of the playlist .xml filename

my personal build scrubs invalid characters from file names and replaces them with _ (underscore)

I do see the underscore in the playlist XML file name.  I changed the playlist name to "Charlie Favorites" and the XML file name was automatically updated to no longer have the underscore.  After making the change and restarting the community theme creator, I still got a crash when trying to select playlists.  I do see games with apostrophe and colons (Quint's Revenge, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, etc...)  Do game titles with special characters also cause this problem?  

As always, thank you for your help and this awesome tool!

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

Please send me your playlist.xml  and I’ll take a look on my new build as I would hate to say yeah it’s fixed inn1.0.8.0

2 hours ago, Fry said:

I do see the underscore in the playlist XML file name.  I changed the playlist name to "Charlie Favorites" and the XML file name was automatically updated to no longer have the underscore.  After making the change and restarting the community theme creator, I still got a crash when trying to select playlists.  I do see games with apostrophe and colons (Quint's Revenge, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, etc...)  Do game titles with special characters also cause this problem?  

As always, thank you for your help and this awesome tool!

Games with special characters will not cause the creator to crash but I want make sure your data will work on my current build,  please go ahead and zip up the launchbox\data\playlists folder and also the theme you were using in the creator.  Zip up both and send directly to me and I’ll test using 1.0.8.0

if there’s an open issue I’d rather fix it now before I release this build

thanks

• Like 1