LaunchBox Community Forums

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Community Theme Creator for BigBox View File The Community Theme Creator for BigBox is still in development and should be treated as an Alpha build, however it ha

yes they will.  parenting will include new UI Elements:- Grid, Border, DockPanel and StackPanel, which have special properties

You can also click @y2guru s name and use the follow function

Posted Images

3 hours ago, mtib said:

Hi, same problem here with Windows 10. No third themes installed.

Unbenannt.JPG

zip the launchbox\Data folder and send it directly to me, i suspect how i am reading the data in the XML files

image.thumb.png.91c8b5ae65f6587330c0b862a82744ae.png

5 hours ago, rodclemen said:

i am actually getting the excact same error ;(

no plugins

the latest version that works for me is 1.0.7.9 (i dont have 1.0.8.0 to test)

please zip the Launchbox\Data folder and send directly to me, thanks.

image.thumb.png.39ff857bfd1f5137676d289d81e988ac.png

I just updated to the latest version 1.0.8.4 and am getting errors and crashes:

Untitled-1.thumb.png.1a1c7e3dc09e39230d1b613ba92761e2.png
This happens when the program loads. It is trying to load my custom theme upon loading. I get infinite amounts of these popups. They stop once I pres enter. Then i have to hold the enter button down to close each popup... When the last popup closes, the program seems stable, but my theme is just black.

When I click Edit view, this error pops up:

Untitled-2.thumb.png.0d27c625ca922574f75fa24f00bcdfdb.png

Previous working version was 1.0.7.9. I didn't have any versions between.

Edited by mcfilmmakers
4 hours ago, Rincewind said:

@mcfilmmakers if I forget to unblock the zip file then that is normally the result, so I would try that.

I agree with @Rincewind the popups are a result of not unblocking the zip file prior to unzipping, or you unblocked but only copied the .exe from the unzipped folder to your creator folder, if you did that then you need to copy the publish objects folder too as .dlls have changed

Edited by y2guru
46 minutes ago, y2guru said:

I agree with @Rincewind the popups are a result of not unblocking the zip file prior to unzipping, or you unblocked but only copied the .exe from the unzipped folder to your creator folder, if you did that then you need to copy the publish objects folder too as .dlls have changed

Boy don't I feel sheepish! Thank you.

• Game On 1

Small little QOL issue. I have many, many platforms. When trying to scroll through the WheelViews the Theme Creator skips over some platforms, requiring me to drag the scroll bar to see the other platforms. It's not so much an issue if you have a small number of platforms but with as many as I have, the scroll bar is TINY and dragging it a tiny amount skips by MANY platforms, making it very difficult to get to the platforms that scrolling jumps over... Allow me to explain with screenshots.Untitled-1.png.e367bb2d3b5777b26123ae59958d3f37.pngThis is my platform list in the wheelview box.

Untitled-2.png.c482010f55a400d7d322a9176ad6813a.pngThis is the list after I scroll down once. There are two other platforms between Acorn BBC Micro Model A and American Laser Games. It is impossible to see them unless I grab the TINY scroll bar and move it manually to the right spot, which is NOT easy as the tiniest movement scrolls a long way.

In other words, Theme Creator displays 8 platforms at a time but scrolls down 10. If it is possible to adjust this so that it scrolls down as many fields as it displays, there won't be any skipped platforms and would make my life a whole lot easier.

Not the biggest priority, but if you're looking for something to do...

Secondly, the reason I have to create a new view for each platform is for the following:
My theme shows a cabinet/monitor/TV that is different for each platform (ex: 80s style TV for older console platforms vs Amstrad Monitor for Amstrad platforms, etc). So far so good, I don't need different themes for each platform to do that.

However, each screen is a different shape and the position of the screen isn't universally consistent (some are higher relative to other visible elements, others more tot eh side, etc) which means the position and size of the gameplay video needs to be adjusted for each platform. This is literally the only element I need to adjust.

My hope was that with the introduction of conditional elements in 1.0.8 that those conditions would apply beyond visibility. Alas, that hasn't materialized, yet. So here I am suggesting that conditions apply to position and size elements. That said, I seriously have no idea if this is even possible...

But I am not one to request without offering a solution, so here goes with some photoshop prototyping:

Untitled-3.thumb.png.ad3e5ec488a2d0e6db8a2edeb18c8aa1.pngNew fields to set conditions on Position X and Y, width and height

Untitled-4.thumb.png.eed3cbbf718c4b92cb5f0ec5bad0b64a.png Simple condition screen to select the platform name (from UI element dropdown list to also allow position formatting based on other UI elements as well) and set new value. 

The idea being that such conditional formatting would drastically reduce the theme size given I wouldn't have to modify it for every platform individually as everything would be determined by the default theme.

Edited by mcfilmmakers
2 hours ago, mcfilmmakers said:

Small little QOL issue. I have many, many platforms. When trying to scroll through the WheelViews the Theme Creator skips over some platforms, requiring me to drag the scroll bar to see the other platforms. It's not so much an issue if you have a small number of platforms but with as many as I have, the scroll bar is TINY and dragging it a tiny amount skips by MANY platforms, making it very difficult to get to the platforms that scrolling jumps over... Allow me to explain with screenshots.Untitled-1.png.e367bb2d3b5777b26123ae59958d3f37.pngThis is my platform list in the wheelview box.

Untitled-2.png.c482010f55a400d7d322a9176ad6813a.pngThis is the list after I scroll down once. There are two other platforms between Acorn BBC Micro Model A and American Laser Games. It is impossible to see them unless I grab the TINY scroll bar and move it manually to the right spot, which is NOT easy as the tiniest movement scrolls a long way.

In other words, Theme Creator displays 8 platforms at a time but scrolls down 10. If it is possible to adjust this so that it scrolls down as many fields as it displays, there won't be any skipped platforms and would make my life a whole lot easier.

Not the biggest priority, but if you're looking for something to do...

Secondly, the reason I have to create a new view for each platform is for the following:
My theme shows a cabinet/monitor/TV that is different for each platform (ex: 80s style TV for older console platforms vs Amstrad Monitor for Amstrad platforms, etc). So far so good, I don't need different themes for each platform to do that.

However, each screen is a different shape and the position of the screen isn't universally consistent (some are higher relative to other visible elements, others more tot eh side, etc) which means the position and size of the gameplay video needs to be adjusted for each platform. This is literally the only element I need to adjust.

My hope was that with the introduction of conditional elements in 1.0.8 that those conditions would apply beyond visibility. Alas, that hasn't materialized, yet. So here I am suggesting that conditions apply to position and size elements. That said, I seriously have no idea if this is even possible...

But I am not one to request without offering a solution, so here goes with some photoshop prototyping:

Untitled-3.thumb.png.ad3e5ec488a2d0e6db8a2edeb18c8aa1.pngNew fields to set conditions on Position X and Y, width and height

Untitled-4.thumb.png.eed3cbbf718c4b92cb5f0ec5bad0b64a.png Simple condition screen to select the platform name (from UI element dropdown list to also allow position formatting based on other UI elements as well) and set new value. 

The idea being that such conditional formatting would drastically reduce the theme size given I wouldn't have to modify it for every platform individually as everything would be determined by the default theme.

I am looking into leveraging the Visibility conditioning logic to be used beyond just visibility 🙂 

As for the scroll bars, i'll look into that as that was the 1st windows control i applied a style too and in doing so lost some basic features.

Please note: The Theme Creator is a hobby and generally i only work on it Fridays and Saturdays so with that said I have very limited time.

Edited by y2guru
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, y2guru said:

Please note: The Theme Creator is a hobby and generally i only work on it Fridays and Saturdays so with that said I have very limited time.

Oh by all means I understand. Just throwing out some ideas. If no new features are ever added, this tool is already beyond the realm of possibility I think even jason could have imagined.

15 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

Oh by all means I understand. Just throwing out some ideas. If no new features are ever added, this tool is already beyond the realm of possibility I think even jason could have imagined.

I have noted your ideas 🙂 and if i am in that general area when adding a feature or fix i will be looking at making the necessary changes.   

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Having a problem setting up this one thing in the theme maker, and I hope I'm asking in the right place. I'm trying to make it so on this one screen, you have the clear logo and corresponding fan art, but no matter what I do, it keeps showing box art instead. I have a space where an image should show there with media type set to fan art, but maybe I'm missing something. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Intended Result

Intended.pngWhat I get

IntendedNOT.png

Edited by RadHazard46
Had to clarify which image is my intention

In Edit mode it is smooth but it's just the main screen where you select the themes is stuttering but on that screen like I mentioned if you double click to resize the screen then it's smooth but if you double click it to maximize the window its choppy again

25 minutes ago, Krakerman said:

In Edit mode it is smooth but it's just the main screen where you select the themes is stuttering but on that screen like I mentioned if you double click to resize the screen then it's smooth but if you double click it to maximize the window its choppy again

Which theme, all or plain n simple? Which view in particular.  The state of the window shouldn’t be affecting performance because the view preview is not full screen anyway.

plain n simple only. The other two everything is just fine. First time I really noticed too did the plain n simple always says Registered #### at the bottom? Never noticed that before. The other thing I noticed and always has been that way is takes a long time to startup like 40 secs been that way since day one but in your videos seems to startup really fast for you the Theme Creator program that is.

Curious what programming language you using to design it in if you don't mind me asking? I like the look of the gui interface and been looking at alternatives myself. I designed a gui in AHK but like to look at alternatives maybe that are out there to use.

Edited by Krakerman

The plain n simple theme hasn’t been modified since I introduced animation to the creator , I have a different version on my desktop that I will upload to the forum in a few months but the version you have has been around for several versions,  I develop using visual studio same as Jason with launchbox/bigbox,  1 thing that has changed affecting Jason and i is the underlying net core, have you tried updating your nvidia GPU drivers?