LaunchBox Community Forums

Posted (edited)

@y2guru I'm very happy with your tool dude.. it's excellent. 

I'm working on a "port" of Coinops, (i"m calling it CoinBox(yes very clever I know ;) )) 

but where coinops has a  set of backgrounds it cycles through, CoinBox will pick from the fan art background of the game or platform for that matter. I think it's coming along quite well. 

I was wondering though, if you might be working on a feature where you could generate a game information layout within a theme view? Kind of like when you click on the sprocket and select shadow.  I hope I conveyed my thoughts to words properly. it's not  mayor, I was just wondering as I'm quite lazy :P

coinbox_logo.png

Edited by Klopjero
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Klopjero said:

@y2guru I'm very happy with your tool dude.. it's excellent. 

I'm working on a "port" of Coinops, (i"m calling it CoinBox(yes very clever I know ;) )) 

but where coinops has a  set of backgrounds it cycles through, CoinBox will pick from the fan art background of the game or platform for that matter. I think it's coming along quite well. 

I was wondering though, if you might be working on a feature where you could generate a game information layout within a theme view? Kind of like when you click on the sprocket and select shadow.  I hope I conveyed my thoughts to words properly. it's not  mayor, I was just wondering as I'm quite lazy :P

coinbox_logo.png

What would this game info layout look like?

12 hours ago, y2guru said:

What would this game info layout look like?

a rough draft of what I mean. 

rough draft.png

ohhhhhhh this look amazing !!! looking forward for this release !!! Congratulations !!! any ideia when this could be release ?

Great job on this tool.

In the latest version, how do you add the "selected video" for game play videos? I can't find that in the drop down using the "user defined video". I have to be missing something?

Thanks for any info...

44 minutes ago, Surfdeign said:

Great job on this tool.

In the latest version, how do you add the "selected video" for game play videos? I can't find that in the drop down using the "user defined video". I have to be missing something?

Thanks for any info...

Game play videos are available from the "Platform Views"

image.thumb.png.8866430cda8035ee9f0c78037dc74bc3.png

Edited by y2guru

8 hours ago, CMOSS said:

your image transition looks better then mine :) what settings did you use ? i'll make a video of what i made so far... maybe we can join forces or something, 

the attachment is a bit hodgepodge clicky clicky no editing thingy... 

Edited by Klopjero

On 9/1/2020 at 8:57 AM, Klopjero said:

a rough draft of what I mean. 

rough draft.png

@y2guru , the menu of what i meant could look like this.. or was that not what you meant ? 

4 hours ago, Klopjero said:

your image transition looks better then mine :) what settings did you use ? i'll make a video of what i made so far... maybe we can join forces or something, 

the attachment is a bit hodgepodge clicky clicky no editing thingy... 

I am transitioning both the selected game image and the active image, at the same time, during selection. A translation to the left + an opacity to 100% or 0% (depending on it being for the selected or the active game).

2020-09-03_113033.thumb.png.f4fd7af78def397efffd7011b2c6b770.png@Klopjero It would be great to join forces. Send me a DM if interested. I was planning on integrating with the Colorful platform videos, hence the light blue color on the left of my screen (as it coincides with the blue for the arcade platform). I have also added an overlay of the same color as tint (before @y2guru added that cool feature natively in the last version of the creator :)).

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 1:02 AM, Klopjero said:

@y2guru , the menu of what i meant could look like this.. or was that not what you meant ? 

Ok that’s what I thought you meant.  I’m actually working on the final piece of the creator and you will absolutely use it for this 😊  I had it up and running last weekend but after playing around with it, I am re-writing the UI to make things easier for the user so I may not be able to show off anything in video form this weekend, but I’ll try

• Unusual Gem 1

* UPDATE*

With the latest Beta of Launchbox/Bigbox it worked again :)

Hi, 

since i updated to 1.0.8.8 (from 1.0.7.x -> don't know the exact number) my background image won't show up in all my views. In the community editor everything ist fine and in bigbox mode only black screen for backgorund image.

It happens to one image too. 

I use "stretch" for aspect ratio and my display resolution is 5120 * 1440 (don't know if it has something to do with it).

ok.thumb.jpg.1f1318e4d1db495d7b9a5f6b18ba6060.jpgfail.thumb.jpg.e7344145fdbc65b26fdc4e0ee69e6bdc.jpg

Edited by BBuser2k

Hi!

I just recently found out about this software, and I  got so excited; I always wanted to create themes for Bogbox, but it seemed like you had to be a programmer to do so. Thank you so much for making it!

But alas, I can't get the theme creator to work... when I open it, something like 30 error boxes pop up, all with the message "Due to code errors, the following UI element has been disabeled". When I click "Edit view" a window with text pops up for a second or so, and then the program quits.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Just now, sozuke said:

Hi!

I just recently found out about this software, and I  got so excited; I always wanted to create themes for Bogbox, but it seemed like you had to be a programmer to do so. Thank you so much for making it!

But alas, I can't get the theme creator to work... when I open it, something like 30 error boxes pop up, all with the message "Due to code errors, the following UI element has been disabeled". When I click "Edit view" a window with text pops up for a second or so, and then the program quits.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Hi!

Have you unblocked the .zip before extracting?

For f***s sake... thank you guys. I saw the thing about unblocking, right clicked the .zip, saw that the box was unchecked, and assumed an unchecked box must mean an unblocked .zip. On closer inspection, the box says "unblock", so to unblock you have to check it, not uncheck it. Stupid mistake on my part, again, thank you for helping me out. 

• Game On 1

Hi @y2guru,

I have a small feature request that I would appreciate if you could consider: Adding the possibility to specify that a random fallback image / video should be chosen from the fallback folder.

Thanks again!

imagen.thumb.png.c81af3cf644e172ddf05c88a091c1811.png

1 minute ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @y2guru,

I have a small feature request that I would appreciate if you could consider: Adding the possibility to specify that a random fallback image / video should be chosen from the fallback folder.

Thanks again!

imagen.thumb.png.c81af3cf644e172ddf05c88a091c1811.png

ok 🙂 ill add that to my 1.0.9.0 list

• Thanks 1

A couple of people have asked in this thread allready, but I couldn't find an answer... is it possible to edit the game details view with the community theme creator?

Cheers!

Hi,

did not found this so far. Is it possible to show the emulator (or all that are used for one platform) that is used for the platform in game view?

Is ii possible to show the number of games in game view? I use it already in platform view.