LaunchBox Community Forums

Zen Pinball FX3 Image Media Pack - Updated to Volume 7 (March 2022)

sundogak

Zen Pinball FX3 Image Media Pack - Updated to Volume 7 (March 2022)

View File

***Updated with new Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure table released March 2022.***

***Volume 6 update includes Williams Pack for Funhouse, Dr. Dude, and Space Station ***

=======================================

This includes media for all 96 100 Pinball FX3 tables through Volume 5 released in December 2019  Volume 6 and with Indiana Jones table released in March 2022.  This pack includes:

1.  Clear Logo 
  2. Docklet
  3. Gameplay Screenshot
  4. Full Table Gameplay Screenshot
  5. Background
  6. Pseudo-Backglass - I use these for Game Title snaps
  7. Advertisement - Front and Back (for the recreation tables only)

I only made a few of the backglass/background images when no others were available. The rest are credited to others, gathered from Zen site, Steam, www.gameex.info pinballx media site, and around the web.  If someone objects to an image they created being in this pack, let me know and I will remove it. 

For those that have two screen setups, then the images for the background on screen #2, named according to the PXP (Steam) file naming convention (which is not straightforward) are in the "Two-Screen Images - PXP Naming.zip" file.  The Pinball FX3 Images.Zip file contains a zip of the Launchbox images folders.  Within the folder structure they are as follows:

1.  Clear Logo  = Clear Logo folder
  2. Docklet = Box-Front-Reconstructed folder
  3. Gameplay Screenshot = Screenshot-Gameplay
  4. Full Table Gameplay Screenshot = Screenshot-Game Select
  5. Background = Fanart-Background
  6. Pseudo-Backglass  = Screenshot-Game Title
  7. Advertisement - Front and Back (for the recreation tables only) - Flyers folders

If you want video snaps, you can find those here:

Lastly this platform XML file contains data for each table, PXP name, year, manufacturer, brief description (usually from Zen site), and base information that would normally be downloaded from LB DB. NOTE: The XML file is now located with rest of image downloads. Just click "DOWNLOAD" button at top right, and it is the last entry.

• Thanks 3

• 2 months later...

Lastly this platform XML file contains data for each table, PXP name, year, manufacturer, brief description (usually from Zen site), and base information that would normally be dowloaded from LB DB 

Thanks so much for this submission!  Where is the XML file?  I don't see it in the downloads of this post.  Thanks!

It’s at the end of the description text on the download page.  Just below the Version 2.0 changes text.  It is just attached to the post versus in the download zip files which is a bit confusing.  

I will add it there as well on next update when back at home PC in few weeks so clearer. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Gwyllion said:

Cannot see the .XML, could you please add it? Thanks for the snaps, really much appreciated.

It’s at the end of the description text on the download page.  Just below the Version 2.0 changes text.  It is just attached to the post versus in the download zip files which is a bit confusing.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Krazyg said:

OK I'm a total noob with this stuff and maybe I'm over my head but how exactly i add this media image's into my lunchbox/bigbox? Any help would be very much appreciated 

If your platform in LaunchBox is named "Pinball FX3" then the image folder location would be:

\LaunchBox\Images\Pinball FX3

Inside there you will see all the image category folders. That is where you will place them. In the download description for his files he gives you an idea which folder to put each image type he created.

I recommend spending a few minutes looking in the Images and Videos folder structure in your LaunchBox folder to familiarize yourself with them. You will quickly see how things are structured and how to name files.

• Like 1

@KrazygKeep in mind that you can put the images in whatever LB image category you want.  What I described above is just what I decided to do for various reasons and based on the theme and priorities I had setup. Like Retro808 mentioned, whatever you decide, they get put in the Pinball FX3 image directory (see snap below).

For example, in my download you may decide you prefer the Backglass images to be in Arcade - Marquee versus where I had them in Screenshot- Game Title. In that case you would place them in Arcade-Marquee.  You may also prefer to use the "docklets" as your Clear Logo.  You would just place those in Clear Logo.  LB doesn't have pre-defined image categories that fit in all cases for Pinball. So at some point you just plop them wherever you feel makes sense for your setup. My main goal was I wanted to keep each image type separate so I could use the LB audit feature to see what images I was missing and if changed my mind later could easily move them in mass.

Capture.thumb.PNG.729131abb04f4c07e4fc2de8f50118ae.PNG

Edited by sundogak
  • Like 1

@Shawns_arcade Edit the FX3 emulator. In the last tab put this script in the Exit Autohotkey Script.  Whatever you put in LB to exit a game (controller combo) will then exit the table.  This will issue an ALT-F4 command to exit just FX3.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.dd19511122021d747edf3cd9a77f428a.PNG

Send {RAlt down}
Sleep 50
Send {f4}
Sleep 50
Send {RAlt up}

Edited by sundogak

3 hours ago, sundogak said:

It also works with the Exit key combo and via the Exit menu (via Pause menu).  I don't have anything anymore in the running AHK tab after finding it works for both.

It's possible, Jason may have changed it from when he originally explained it the difference in the two. But, it likely means it does not need it and it is actually responding to controller/keyboard automation. I do not have an AHK script in my set-up for Pinball FX3 and it exits fine. How controller/keyboard automation in LB/BB works is it will first send "Escape" and if the game does not close it will then send Alt+F4. Jason said he even coded it to recognize certain emulators and it will send its unique command like DosBox which uses Ctrl+F9. So it sends each until it closes. Some of course will not respond and need an AHK. But either way as long as it is working. Just wanted to clarify as there are users that were putting AHK in the Exit and it was not responding until they moved it to the Running AHK tab.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...