LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

Are there generic 4k horizontal and vertical bezels?
Right now I'm using "chelnov" as a generic horizontal bezel and "1945kiii" as the vertical. I just copied and renamed them to "generich" and "genericv" respectively. I then reference these in  2 separate single line inis:

horizont.ini = fallback_artwork generich
vertical.ini = fallback_artwork genericv

Dedicated generic bezels would be a GREAT addition to the packs since MAME supports fallback bezel artwork in the mame.ini ;)

Edited by johnsanc
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, johnsanc said:

Are there generic 4k horizontal and vertical bezels?
Right now I'm using "chelnov" as a generic horizontal bezel and "1945kiii" as the vertical. I just copied and renamed them to "generich" and "genericv" respectively. I then reference these in  2 separate single line inis:

horizont.ini = fallback_artwork generich
vertical.ini = fallback_artwork genericv

Dedicated generic bezels would be a GREAT addition to the packs since MAME supports fallback bezel artwork in the mame.ini ;)

Thanks for the tip, theres a lot of generic bezels within the packs, it's up to the user to decide what they like best as generic bezels.

I like the curvature. I just had to adjust the crt-geom-deluxe view distance to about 0.8 and now everything fits perfect. Yeah some of the cabs are banged up but I think it adds to the authenticity of an arcade. I’m just saying it would be nice to have a less banged up option. I might modify to erase some of the damage on the bezels I’m using for default. Good suggestion!

8 hours ago, johnsanc said:

I like the curvature. I just had to adjust the crt-geom-deluxe view distance to about 0.8 and now everything fits perfect. Yeah some of the cabs are banged up but I think it adds to the authenticity of an arcade. I’m just saying it would be nice to have a less banged up option. I might modify to erase some of the damage on the bezels I’m using for default. Good suggestion!

They all use the exact same image for the plexi glass