LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

1 hour ago, GreenGriffon said:

Hey Lust, quick question - is your Ms. Pac-Man bezel the same as the one from Mr. Do's site?

I'm trying to recreate the Ms. Pac-Man bezel for a new bartop, but I'm not having much luck finding an accurate color reference to match the original cabinet.

Love this project - I check in on it every day.

Glad you love it, good to hear man :) Yep Ms. Pac-Man is from Mr. Do's site ?

1 minute ago, GreenGriffon said:

Thanks Lust. I tried that palette and it looks as close as I can get to my eyes. Was just wondering if you by any chance found a better reference for your own bezel.

Cheers!

I think the color palette is correct to the real deal, to be sure you can collect multiple photos of the cab and see if they match up as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I think the color palette is correct to the real deal, to be sure you can collect multiple photos of the cab and see if they match up as well.

Thanks, I think it's the closest I'm going to get.

I've collected dozens of photos of the original cab and bezel for this project, but the camera flash always makes the blue and pink colors appear slightly different.

• Game On 1

6 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:

Thanks, I think it's the closest I'm going to get.

I've collected dozens of photos of the original cab and bezel for this project, but the camera flash always makes the blue and pink colors appear slightly different.

Yeah thats true and seeing Mr. Do's artworks are scanned in there's hardly any color aberration and if there is it would be a minimal shift. I hope you'll share photo's of your build with us, I always love to see what people create :)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Yeah thats true and seeing Mr. Do's artworks are scanned in there's hardly any color aberration and if there is it would be a minimal shift. I hope you'll share photo's of your build with us, I always love to see what people create :)

Will do. I honestly didn't know Mr. Do's artwork is created from original scans (I thought they were very accurate recreations).

In that case, I definitely have the closest color palette I'm going to find for a Ms. Pac-Man project. Thanks!

• Game On 1

47 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:

Will do. I honestly didn't know Mr. Do's artwork is created from original scans (I thought they were very accurate recreations).

In that case, I definitely have the closest color palette I'm going to find for a Ms. Pac-Man project. Thanks!

Well there are also recreations as well but many are scanned indeed. Have fun with the project ?

• Like 1

The Ninja Warriors mame arcade bezel (A very special thank you to @Briball for his restoration work on the graphics, couldn't have made this without his work, check out his work at: https://forums.libretro.com/t/arsinvictus-papashine-thoggo-and-briball-4k-vertical-overlays/25247 and https://forums.libretro.com/t/4k-verical-bezel-arsinvictus-and-orionangel-style/27739)

ninjaw.zip

ninjaw.thumb.JPG.bb71619982893cdc31903cc9f80e1a17.JPG

Edited by Mr. RetroLust
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1