LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

Nostradamus aka ノストラダムス mame arcade bezel (Below the flyer I finally found during google research, we've been using fan art for this game for quite some time in the database, in case you like to update it for your collection, I do upload front and especially missing backside flyers and controls information etc. to the DB which I find on a regular base so you might do a re-scraping at some point)

nost.zip

nost.thumb.JPG.426909b9b2d7a4a9df2bd213aed60ce6.JPGNostradamus-01.thumb.jpg.cc4e46a4fff27b1dce8192be206b9145.jpg

Edited by Mr. RetroLust
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2020 at 9:44 AM, Mr. RetroLust said:

The Ninja Warriors (A very special thank you to @Briball for his restoration work on the graphics, couldn't have made this without his work, check out his work at: https://forums.libretro.com/t/arsinvictus-papashine-thoggo-and-briball-4k-vertical-overlays/25247 and https://forums.libretro.com/t/4k-verical-bezel-arsinvictus-and-orionangel-style/27739)

Looks great... I'm just going by memory, but I don't think these Taito 3 screen games had any gaps in between screens... not sure if you were going for the authentic look or not.  Looks really cool, though.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Looks great... I'm just going by memory, but I don't think these Taito 3 screen games had any gaps in between screens... not sure if you were going for the authentic look or not.  Looks really cool, though.

From my memory you are right, the screens/ mirrors were cleverly overlapped, although there were sometimes a slight contrast difference between those that were reflected and the actual screen that wasn't (I can't remember if it was to 2 outer screens or just the middle one that was reflected)  

This can be replicated in mame by removing the screen curvature although you'll have to save a separate  .ini for the games you want to do this on otherwise all games will have no curvature. 

I also slightly adjust the brightness of the middle screen so there is a slight difference and ever so slighty adjust its position and size so you get that little "ripple" when sprites cross the screens. 

Edited by Djronz

9 hours ago, Dreamstate said:

Finally got around to finishing the Gate Of Doom bezel you posted way back and put it in a vertical MAME cab layfile today. Thought I'd post it here In case anyone wants to use it. There's normal views in this as well for those that don'e use a vertical display. Also combined a couple of marquees from Launchbox and Gamedatabase for this. Thanks for the source bezel sir. https://mega.nz/file/Nux13K7b#DGh8ASwCC-GBzwA5k7YPzuo-wMtrjCZv3UWq2if9UWo

20200922_162258.jpg

0000.png

0002.png

Great work man! ?

• Like 2