LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

1 hour ago, Dreamstate said:

My projects sometimes contain elements that have been worked on by many different individuals, such as yourself, and I do not have their permission to distribute their work nor do I want to approach all of them about sharing it. Reason being, some are delightful to deal with and some are absolutely abrasive and elitest In nature. So I like to completely avoid them at all cost at the present time. I have also had months of my work taken for granted by these people and tossed to the side like it doesn't matter. Thus, I refuse to share my hard work with them based on that negative experience as well.  My work is my own. If and when I choose to thank someone for their contributions, as Is your case, I do so, gratefully. I've noticed that you decline to share some of your work and unfortunately I choose not to share any of my own. If and when I see everyone sharing freely and my work and time Is respected I will start sharing freely as well.

Ah ok. 

It's unfortunate that there are people who freely share their hard work, and others who are possessive or "elitist" about it. As Dreamstate seems to be saying, it sort of saps any motivation to be generous when people like that exist in the community.

Makes me all the more appreciative of people like Mr. Retrolust and many others who give so much to the hobby, but ask nothing in return.

GG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @GreenGriffon I appreciate it bro. To every story there is a second, we can't base our judgements by one side of a story, everyone has their reasons why they act. I have my reasons why I don't share every asset I created or restored, but I don't feel like discussing it. That said I don't like dramatics and certainly not in this thread (just saying before more replies come at this topic) as I like to keep it clean and compact for people searching a specific bezel to download manually for now and in the future.

• Like 3