LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

42 minutes ago, Boz1978 said:

Not seeing it pal, will keep looking though. what's that art type called? I wanna call it an inlay but i don't think that's right...sticker maybe ?

It's called moves strips but I hardly use that search term as it lowers your finds. I see now the one you ment, I didnt upload it because of the bad quality and once i'm done with a bezel I delete the material. When searching for stuff I usually type in google images: "name of the game" arcade. When no luck seek japanese name and search in the same manner.

22 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Hi, yeah just been looking found some cool stuff actually.. some guy recreating all the cave stuff and making prints to sell to presumably candy cab owners.. not really what I was looking for but you know how google can take you on a wild goose chase lol. I  Searched the terms ‘move strips’ and ‘instruction strips/cards’ stuff on eBay.. this ones a bitch to find. Got enough source art to match the creased strip (I think) .. all this makes me think is what an extensive job yr doing with all these bezels/overlays.. really impressed :)

• Thanks 1

Seawolf2.

Not sure why but i can only see the game screen with the option "backdrops off" in the tab/ video options in mame. then it misses the top portion of the artwork off, i only see the reflections, not the game until i turn backdrops off..

Arcade Screenshot 2021.02.28 - 19.53.17.99.png

Edited by Big ady

2 minutes ago, Big ady said:

Seawolf2.

Not sure why but i can only see the game screen with the option "backdrops off" in the tab/ video options in mame. then it misses the top portion of the artwork off, i only see the reflections, not the game until i turn backdrops off..

That's weird it looks fine here (mame 0.198), you sure you've selected the correct view in artwork? Maybe you have cropped view active?

13 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

That's weird it looks fine here (mame 0.198), you sure you've selected the correct view in artwork? Maybe you have cropped view active?

I've sorted it, I use the Bgfx mode, it only works in OpenGL or direct 3d mode, but I can just set it for that game.. cheers..

Arcade Screenshot 2021.02.28 - 21.09.12.52.png

Edited by Big ady
  • Game On 1