LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

12 minutes ago, zugswang said:

No, I just thought you were trying to create a list of all your themes and the one produced seemed a bit of a mess (apologies) :)

Copyfilenames is a great tool and produces a list like the example below.

Apologies if this was not what you were trying to achieve, I may have read it incorrectly.

* Note the examples contain all your bezels, but also include widescreen ones I already had.

example.txt 59.43 kB · 1 download

example 2.txt 41.34 kB · 0 downloads

Lol no need for apologies ;) I like to keep my system as clean as possible without installing exe's and such I won't use on a regular base. @zetec-s-joe asked my for a list of mame games I have. @GreenGriffon was it you that asked me this before? If so can you help me again to make that bat file?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Here is the list, please note that I did delete some games for which I did make a bezel, one of which I can remember is Tempest, I really don't like that game lol

listmyfolder.txt 62.02 kB · 6 downloads

ahh so this is your personal set list and will have all your bezels match when finished :D mint, thank you for the list, can make your set now aha

• Game On 1

14 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Lol no need for apologies ;) I like to keep my system as clean as possible without installing exe's and such I won't use on a regular base. @zetec-s-joe asked my for a list of mame games I have. @GreenGriffon was it you that asked me this before? If so can you help me again to make that bat file?

No problem, happy to help. Just place this bat file in your roms folder and it will spit out a list of every file.

_PrintDirectory.bat

• Thanks 1

REQUESTS RULES

That took some time, 1 year and a lot of months lol :) 
I'll be taking a break for a month till August 4th. In the mean time you can make a request list, August 4th will close the requests round.
As it's a lot of work for me to do I do ask a small amount of work from you in return, so here are the rules.

1. Game must work properly in MAME. Be sure to check if I didn't already made the bezel for the same game but with the alternative title. Neo Geo, CPS1 CPS2 and CPS3 bezels are included in pack 01.

2. I won't make Nintendo VS or any other console based systems like Sega Mega Play as I think those games are better played on the original console. No debate.

3. 10 requests per person.

4. List as follows:

Launchbox title of the game / Alternative title if present / The precise parent rom name / Horizontal or Vertical

To determine the rom name and the alternative titles I used the database: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/platforms/games/5 and this handy list:

_MAME LIST.pdf

5. Keep in mind, if for any reason the bezel you requested is impossible for me to make I might skip it or make an alternative that might look a bit like the original.

6. To keep things arranged for me, please use the edit function in your original post so you can change your request list if you change your mind or someone else has requested the same game for instance.

7. I'll ignore any lists that don't follow these rules.

Edited by Mr. RetroLust
  • Like 1

I guess I'll get this started with my own request list. Here is the info:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1haLYauIIOrq7AmFoO8xydS1WkeXmUA_ctfPGn9eXCgE/edit?usp=sharing

My top 10 requests are:

Time Pilot
Phoenix
Sinistar
Super Punchout
Star Castle
Vulcan Venture
Mat Mania
Sky Shark
Fantasy Zone 2
NBA Maximum Hangtime

Thanks so much! Enjoy your break, and see you in August.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:

This has been an incredible project and a testament to your dedication to the hobby, Mr. Retrolust. I can't thank you enough.

Will there be a Pack 8 with the last batch included? Or should we just collect them individually from this thread?

Thanks bro really appreciate it :) After august the 4th I'll be working on the requests and when thats finished i'll release all the bezels in the last pack, in the mean time you can indeed download them individually.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1