LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

Thank you for your great work. I have a doubt. Lately my MAME (0.231) is minimized while I am playing games, it is very annoying. I have tried to know why this happens and I don't know if the cause will be the message of "warning: layout view 'lights out bezel' contains deprecated bezel element"
Do you have the bezels updated to the new LAY format ???
It's a shame, since I had all your bezels downloaded but I can't seem to use them in this version of MAME. Thanks, Mr. RetroLust's. All the best!
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, REI AYANAMI said:

Thank you for your great work. I have a doubt. Lately my MAME (0.231) is minimized while I am playing games, it is very annoying. I have tried to know why this happens and I don't know if the cause will be the message of "warning: layout view 'lights out bezel' contains deprecated bezel element"
Do you have the bezels updated to the new LAY format ???
It's a shame, since I had all your bezels downloaded but I can't seem to use them in this version of MAME. Thanks, Mr. RetroLust's. All the best!

Thanks, glad you like :) I run a 0.198 set myself so I'm not up to date, I don't even know how I can convert them to a new lay format and if I would learn how, would it still be compatible with older versions? If not I would not be motivated to convert them to the new lay format.

• Like 1

It's okay. I understand it, given the effort you have put into this great project.

I've done some more research and I see that this message (warning: layout view 'lights out bezel' contains deprecated bezel element) only pops up if I launch the game from LAUNCHBOX. If I do it directly from the "MAME" program, that window does not jump and the game is not minimized.

I don't know if it is a problem due to the latest Launchbox update.

I Don't know if there will be any way to fix it. Maybe adding some command besides: "-keyboardprovider dinput". Maybe....

What I did notice is that since the Launchbox update. In BIGBOX mode, now I cannot close the MAME games from the launcher commands. I have to do it with MAME program. If someone happens the same thing. Let's see if we see some light here.

I'll keep inventing. Greetings, genius ?.

Launchbox mame error.png

MAME deprecated elements warnings:
As of MAME 0.225 lay file background element instances such as for bezels are considered deprecated and that's what's triggering the warnings. Things will still work ok with MAME 0.225 to the latest 0.234, and if you want to not see those warnings then enable the "Attempt to hide console window..." in LaunchBox.
However, if you want to fix rather than just hide the warnings then you will need to update your lays.

See Mr Do's Arcade here.
https://mrdo.mameworld.info/

• Like 2