Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
redlee

adding box art

Recommended Posts

is there a way i can add boxart ? some of the game i have dont have one when i import it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, redlee said:

is there a way i can add boxart ? some of the game i have dont have one when i import it 

Just add it to the relevant folder in Launchbox/Images/name of platform/Box-Front and name it the same as the game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right click on your game, then select Edit, a window with details and images should appear, right click where the images are and select "Add images" after adding them don't forget to right click them and change the image type to the correct one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 12:23 PM, Suhrvivor said:

Right click on your game, then select Edit, a window with details and images should appear, right click where the images are and select "Add images" after adding them don't forget to right click them and change the image type to the correct one.

I don't think this applies to the Android version. Good luck trying to "right click" with your phone :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 7:04 AM, neil9000 said:

Just add it to the relevant folder in Launchbox/Images/name of platform/Box-Front and name it the same as the game

I've just recently tried this using a .jpg with the exact same name as the game without any luck so far. Any suggestions, or could this be a possible bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

make sure its the same name as it is in rom file or elae it wont work and make aure to load it again delete the rom and impoet it again thata what i did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, redlee said:

make sure its the same name as it is in rom file or elae it wont work and make aure to load it again delete the rom and impoet it again thata what i did

Thanks, I tried that but it still isn't working. @Jason Carr just wondering if this issue has come up before, or have you tried manually placing image files in with any success? I've made several attempts to add images which weren't provided during the importing process without any luck. Is it possible this is happening because the launchbox folder and the games folder are two separate drives? For instance, the launchbox folder is in the phone's root drive, while the games are in the phone's micro sd card

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For performance reasons, the Android version doesn't automatically pick up new image files that you drop into the folders. I'll be adding game edit options very soon, but unfortunately that's not available just yet.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

For performance reasons, the Android version doesn't automatically pick up new image files that you drop into the folders. I'll be adding game edit options very soon, but unfortunately that's not available just yet.

Okay, good to know. Was getting conflicting answers here, but it seems like a few users were just confused with the PC version while answering the original post

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...