LaunchBox Community Forums
MrSco

BigBox crash while sitting idle doing attract mode

well i've been running BigBox now for about 4+ hours and no crashes yet. Usually it would have crashed multiple times (after restarts) by now. The change? I had some autohotkey scripts and xpadder.exe running in the background on boot... i disabled those and just ran BigBox.exe only.  one of the autohotkey scripts is used to launch xpadder and bigbox at boot... the other is for some custom controller monitoring to be able to use either the wireless xbox controller or the built-in bartop joystick controls as the first player (toggles the bartop xinmo joysticks enabled/disabled using devcon.exe). 

i'm not sure which autohotkey script is the issue, or if bigbox doesn't like xpadder running in background?

what are you guys using to launch bigbox and other exe's at computer bootup in a silent, clean, hidden manner?

On 12/3/2019 at 7:36 AM, Jason Carr said:

@wallmachine Looks like you might be dealing with issues caused by an audio device getting removed or disabled, or something of that nature. I'm going to see if I can make that code more robust in that situation, but if I had to guess based on your logs, that'd be my guess (at least for that one situation and log file).

Yes, my sound card was disabled. I re-enabled and haven't noticed a crash but when disabled I get audio crash.

For me after some time attract mode stops doing attract mode until I move the joystick or press a button. I then hear the hard drive spin up and then it starts again soon after

Edited by wallmachine

On 12/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, MrSco said:

well i've been running BigBox now for about 4+ hours and no crashes yet. Usually it would have crashed multiple times (after restarts) by now. The change? I had some autohotkey scripts and xpadder.exe running in the background on boot... i disabled those and just ran BigBox.exe only.  one of the autohotkey scripts is used to launch xpadder and bigbox at boot... the other is for some custom controller monitoring to be able to use either the wireless xbox controller or the built-in bartop joystick controls as the first player (toggles the bartop xinmo joysticks enabled/disabled using devcon.exe). 

i'm not sure which autohotkey script is the issue, or if bigbox doesn't like xpadder running in background?

what are you guys using to launch bigbox and other exe's at computer bootup in a silent, clean, hidden manner?

Well scratch autohotkey and xpadder off the list of causes... I let BigBox.exe run solo in attract mode for a bit longer than 6 hours and eventually it crashes with the error from my original post. But I’ve tested a couple more times and it’s crashed in 2-4 hours also. So the time it takes seems to be random