LaunchBox Community Forums
Rainman74

Fully launchable WHDLoad-Collection (Dec 2019)

Hello, everybody,

here is my fully launchable WHDLoad-Collection for LaunchBox

Download:
It's pretty stressful right now because I get a lot of requests for the link. So please post your requests here under the post and it would be great if someone who already has the link could pass it on via PN.

Alternatively for the link to the WHDLoad archive you can send an email to amiga@salumba.com (Thanks @Pixelpiper)
(Subject and body of the message won't matter. All incoming messages are deleted and nothing is logged.)

Update 1.1:

Due to the problems that some games do not work with the JIT compiler of WinUAE, I changed the default mode to "non-JIT" at startup. But again, some special games run much better with JIT, so you can now enter them into the file "JIT.txt" (complete filename with extension) and they will be started with "JIT" activated.

WHDLoad Collection Patch v1.1.zip

P.S. If someone has some time and can test games to see if they work correctly with JIT and benefit from it, I would appreciate a customized "JIT.txt" and I'll include it here in the main post. But please only include games that have an advantage through JIT.

Included:

• WHDLoad 18.5
  • WHDLoad Games as of 15 December 2019 (EN + DE versions)
  • Corrected images for all games
  • WinUAE configured
  • WHDRun configured (with custom command script, which also handles "&" in the game names correctly)
  • Images for the correct setting of the emulators in LaunchBox
  • Correct combinations of different versions to one game (preferably AGA version as start entry)

The collection is designed as a replacement for "Commodore Amiga", because a collection with ADF / IPF is no longer necessary.

Further details will be added as needed.

FAQ:

• To change the full screen resolution, adjust the file "WHD.uae" in the folder \LaunchBox\Emulators\WHDRun\ as follows:
    gfx_width_fullscreen=3440 -> to your desired resolution
    gfx_height_fullscreen=1440 -> to your desired resolution

• The XBOX 360 Controller For Windows is set. If you have another controller, just load the WHD.uae file (also in WHDRun folder) in WinUAE and adjust your controls and save the file again.
  • If you prefer English menus (e.g. "Play CD32 Version") use this alternate Commodore Amiga.xml and replace the existing one in the folder \LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\
    Commodore Amiga.xml
  • To still load the missing video files, simply search for media in LaunchBox and select "do not replace existing".

Notes:

• All LHAs are repacked as ZIP files and the names and folder structure has been corrected so that the required slave files for WHDLoad can be found and started.
  • It was also made sure that file and folder names that are not allowed under Windows were transferred correctly.

Have fun!

Amiga.png

Edited by Rainman74
Removed link. We can not host copyrighted materials on these forums.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 4

6 hours ago, Rainman74 said:

(@Admins: I do not host copy protected materials here in the forum, this is a link)

Your link was removed earlier so please do not re attach a link.

We also do not allow links to copyrighted material.

• Game On 1

On 1/4/2020 at 6:46 PM, Retrofrogg said:

Looks interesting - how many Amiga games are in this collection?

On 2/13/2020 at 12:55 AM, Retrofrogg said:

Excellent work! Thanks again. Will there be future updates?

Maybe, but all released floppy and CR32 games are actually already included, but I could add some CD-/download only games, like Genetic Species, AmiDoom, etc.

I will do that when I have time 😉

Edited by Rainman74
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

great thing. is there already the possibility to integrate the games into RetroArch?

Yes! Relevant files included. 

is there an how to do for Retroarch for using this files? or just loading a file within tetroarch and all is fine?

I just downloaded the package and copied over a fresh installation of launch box. It looks like the images of the games were not detected. I did an installation to drive E:, do you have stome hardcoded drive mappings? Or do I have to start an import process?

48 minutes ago, korallenkaiser said:

I just downloaded the package and copied over a fresh installation of launch box. It looks like the images of the games were not detected. I did an installation to drive E:, do you have stome hardcoded drive mappings? Or do I have to start an import process?

you have to set up the path for the roms in launchbox and probably the path of the images to get all images in Launchbox available.

• Like 1

Help... I think I have done everything right ( I guess I haven't ) but when I launch a game, all I get is the animated Amiga Kickstart screen showing to insert floppy.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

On 3/7/2020 at 1:52 AM, noguru said:

Help... I think I have done everything right ( I guess I haven't ) but when I launch a game, all I get is the animated Amiga Kickstart screen showing to insert floppy.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

Please configure everything as shown on the screenshots in the archive.